main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How does one become a Scoundrel?

Discussion in 'Archive: Albany, NY' started by Ranat, Jan 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranat

Ranat Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2004
    Hello everyone! My name is Brian. I am 19, and I live in Colonie. I've been wanting to join a fan force for a while, and just found out about you guys. I've been a Star Wars fan for almost 10 years now. I collect mostly action figures, but I do also collect other Star Wars related things. I belong to a few different message boards, but I mostly post over at Yodasnews.com (where i'm a staff member)...

Anyways, i'm just interested in hearing what kind of stuff you guys do. I'd love to join! Hope to hear from you guys soon! :-D

2. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Well Ranat, by virtue of living in the area that makes you an ALbany Scoundrel.

But you do have live up to the name though.

This isnt the place for rebels and do gooders.

And by the way I am trying my best to come here but I have a virus on my comp and I am posting from a port here in Crossgates. I am really pissed off at the virus and I cant seem to download the needed software update because the CJB virus deleted my direct x and highjacked my internet so I cant post.

3. The1Neo

The1Neo Jedi Master star 6

Jan 20, 2004
    Welcome Ranat. I live in Rotterdam.
    Beez that sucks. I was wondering what happened to you. Good luck getting your computer fixed.
    When is the next meeting? I missed last months. We should all go to a movie!

4. Ranat

Ranat Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2004
    Hello again,

I'm glad that by association i'm already a "scoundrel", but how do I become an active member in this Fan Force? I'd love to meet some fellow Star Woids from our area.

-Brian

5. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    well if we want to meet, then lets throw some ideas out.

THere was KOTO the japanese restaurant.

Or how about a College hockey game.

Perhaps the RPI engineers.

And we could make our lovely CR Narundi wear as many shirts as possible and get the crowds to chant Take it Off.

Works at some engineers games last I heard.

Been a long while for me though.

6. Ranat

Ranat Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2004
    I know i'm new here still, but if you want to have a get together, Koto is an extremely good resturaunt.

7. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I still say KOTO would be tons of fun. I've been meaning to go there and would love to try it with you guys. I can't convince my fiance that driving that far for Japanese food when we have a place down the street is worth it. ;)

Jae O:)

8. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    what is the name of the place Narundi, give us a holler and we will see what works, koto is convenient cause it right off the northway.

9. The1Neo

Jan 20, 2004
    Koto has great food,but small portions. We should go to a movie at X-gates. We can always go to a place there for drinks or eats. Uno,Ruby T,Bugaboo etc.

10. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    well not too many good movies out now. but whatever you guys want its your decision.

Although I would like to see Narundi at Engineers game. I am sure she would be a riot.

11. The1Neo

Jan 20, 2004
    I'm really looking forward to seeing Constantine next month. I probably wouldn't be up for hockey,but maybe. I'll do something. Meet you all i must.

12. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    sorry been in the garden state for a funeral the past couple days. Whatever you guys want to do lets go ahead and meet. A public place definitely. I dont mind.

13. The1Neo

Jan 20, 2004
    A funeral. That sucks. BTW did you see the movie "Garden State"? I loved it. Ok yes a public place. I don't want to get abducted by any Star Wars fans. :p

14. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    yes, I did, and no I didnt meet Natalie Portman. But I do have a step cousin who is 24 and single and shes a brunette. Shes pretty hot but shes my cousin so if you play your cards right and dont mind traveling to scenic Mahwah and spending loads of money on her then who knows I might introduce ya.

15. The1Neo

Jan 20, 2004
    Hook me up Beez. I start a new job on the 15th,and i'll have plenty of extra cash to spoil hot step cousins with!

16. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    we shall see, I will give you her address and you can mail your pay stubs down to her and see if she bites. oh and a picture helps too.

17. The1Neo

Jan 20, 2004
    You guys can go see Constantine with me on Friday if you want.

18. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    sounds like a plan, not a fan of the movie. but I wouldnt mind getting together before hand. what time and where.

19. The1Neo

Jan 20, 2004
    I'm not sure what time. It will probably be a 7:30,or 8 showing on Friday at crossgates.

20. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    ok, see you then, would you like to have something to eat beforehand.

21. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Hey Ranat, I think it is funny that they turned your thread into a planning session for a get-together. :D

22. Darth_Gredient

Darth_Gredient Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    Hey, just getting on here and looking around, haven't gotten around to the message boards latley been extremley busy. Well just keep me posted for the next time there's something going on.:cool:

23. darkjedi8906

darkjedi8906 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2004
    Hello all, by fates chance my name also happens to be Brian and I live in Niskayuna, well more Glenville but you get the idea. I'll be 18 shotly as of September 2nd and was wondering the exact same tihng as Brian #1, my costume is currently the picture in my profile, and I would be the one on the right. (the one who SHOULD have won the final duel)

24. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Your Anakin costume is awesome! I recognize the hallowed halls of the Indy Convention Center so I'm guessing the photo is from CIII?

I hope once you turn 18 you'll consider joining the Rebel Legion (Echo Base) and/or the 501st (NE Remnant) with that costume. I'm sure you'd get approved - it looks great!

~Doc_Bev

25. darkjedi8906

darkjedi8906 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2004
    indeed thats was C3, and when i turn 18 i dunno yet, i have a few buddys in other 501st garrisons, but same with rebel Leigion either way or both I'll be joining ASAP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.