main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion How does Star Wars normally work in UK Cinemas?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Seancousins123, Jul 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seancousins123

Seancousins123 Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2013
    I wasn't born when the Original trilogy aired therefore only got to see them when my Dad bought me them on video. I watched the Phantom Menace in the cinema (can't remember how recent to the first showing I saw it though) so in anticipation for the new trilogy ( I know it still a while away :( ) do most Cinemas in the UK air them at midnight? And is there normally a fight for tickets?

2. w4tkn

w4tkn Jedi Master star 1

Jan 25, 2013
    I saw all 3 of the PT on opening night. Midnight showings as far as I can tell are recent things, don't think they existed when the PT was on the go, its all about demand however but seeing a film first and midnight doesnt interest me as far as seeing a film in its first 24hours when I am comfortable and alert.

I recall all cinema's being packed and we per-bought our tickets a few weeks previous. Most cinemas are assigned seating however, they don't normally assign pre-bought until collection and if your not happy then you need to queue - so the lesson I learned was go to the desk and get them and talk to a person rather than those machies which means going yourself or sending a mate to get them at an off peak time.

I remember with Ep III - they were not any digital screens in Aberdeen to show the extra 20 second screen of Yoda so I saw it again on vacation in Texas. Times have changed now. If you have a choice, find one which has the best sound system.

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    HI Seancousins and welcome to the JCF! Seeing as how this has been answered, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. Also, this might be the kind of question to ask in the social thread or in the or possible in the When will you see E7 thread instead of starting a new thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.