main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How Has the ST Affected Your Interest in Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Knight of Jedi Ren Sith, Jul 27, 2019.

?

How Has the ST Affected Your Interest in Star Wars?

1. The ST has strengthened my interest in the SW franchise. I'm excited about future films/shows.

23.3%
  2. The ST has weakened my interest in the SW franchise. I'm not excited about future films/shows.

55.9%
  3. The ST has had no affect on my interest in the SW franchise. I feel how I've always felt (explain).

20.8%
  1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    It’s mostly made me want it to end,
    The winky yellow-faced guy was a hint...

DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  2. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
  3. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Glad to see these boards remain toxic

4. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    for me Star Wars now is kinda like going back to your childhood neighbourhood in adulthood. And finding it different to the nostalgic and happy memories you remember it to be. The tree you used to climb has been chopped down to a stump, the sandpit has been filled in. Old faces that used to live there have been replaced with new families and that old quirky street lamp replaced with the generic 21st century type (ok, this is probably more a UK example) you see the new neighbours happily talking over fences making new happy memories. As you wander around you are curious, dare say interested in the new development and 'improvements' but the more you see, the more you realise it's not the neighbourhood that's changed...not really, it's still the same brick buildings, the same gardens, it's me that's changed. I realise that I like my new neighbourhood (franchises, interests) much more now, I've simply moved on, so I will go into IX as a final glance at my old neighbourhood, get in a vehicle and watch it disappear behind me, smiling that I have those memories, and that the neighbourhood is safe, safe for the current and future residents.

That's SW for me now.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  5. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Man, lighten up.

6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    And you contribute to that by calling anyone who cracks a joke or disagrees with you "toxic" or "arrogant".

Everyone, play nice and stay on topic please.

7. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    About this current post. Please:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  8. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    I get the disappointment with the ST. However I'm always on the opinion that SW is a very special entity. There are days I'm not a fan of the ST believe it or not but there's something very special for me in particular how Luke Skywalker was handled it spoke to me and I envisioned the reaction of the tossing of the LS just about exactly as it happened. Mark Hamill has a big influence on everyone and his quality shown through in his acting. Even if he was "bitter" on a personal level, he gave his all. I believe we're going to see the "right" Luke and look back with fondness for the entire Saga.

Going to be a long 3 plus months.

MJ

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    darthvader88 likes this.
  9. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I loved The Force Awakens! Check out my parody video about it. ;)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  10. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I'd say it has made a very positive impact. Seeing TFA destroy Avatar and Titanic at the domestic box office was a teenage dream come true, but the cherry on the top of a great movie experience and re-ignited interest in SW. Of course, my passion for the franchise never wanes, but when there weren't new movies coming out, I just felt less "engaged" with it on a regular basis. New movies help make it a big part of my life again.

I feel more excited about SW in general than at any point since the prequels, really. I can't wait for the future and it has been a fun journey for me.

11. jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2019
    I sorta lost interest in Star Wars around the time of The Clone Wars TV show which never appealed to me so The Force Awakens is what revitalized my interest in the franchise. And even moreso than that film, Rogue One and The Last Jedi were what made me love Star Wars all over again. So the ST definitely is why I'm here and all the new content is something I'm psyched for. I can't wait for the next trilogies/series of films as well as all the Disney+ shows.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I lost interest after prequels no movie after this and we might never see Star wars again on screen. The Clone wars movie didn't do it for me, it was fun bad movie, the series took it's time but i was a lttle interested and liked the stories there and how bridges the gap between 2 and 3. But when i heard of Star Wars coming back and Seeing TFA. I was all in on Star Wars again, icound't give a crap if it was similar to ANH or TPM, it's like poetry it rhymes. I loved seeing Star wars back on screen again. Rouge one taking us back to the past was fun and having it coonect with Rebels was nice. Star wars the last jedi, is probaly my favorite of the new Disney era films, it gives us a new look into Luke and history fo the jedi and Palpatine. It reinforces the idea that the force is not this super power, but this energy that connects to all life. We get Luke and Ben backstory. Rey and her story with Kylo and her parents. Solo was nice, it connected to both clone wars and rebels, lpus giving away eu nods. liked Han Solo and his story with the criminal underworld and the rebllion. I'm looking forward to the Mandalorian, Cassion and Kenobi and other coming disney plus series. I can't ait for TROS, it wil be a special mommnet for Star wars finnishing 40 years of storytelling.

13. Amateur_Aphra

Amateur_Aphra Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2019
    That's awesome that the ST had such an impact on you. What was it about TFA that "revitalized" your interest in the franchise?

14. Amateur_Aphra

Sep 21, 2019
    As a staunch EU reader, the ST hurt me a bit, but it is always great to see any type of Star Wars on the big screen. Rogue One is probably what saved the new movies for me.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    What do you think new canon and ST possibly be a darth empire remake. I like the thouths of eu fans. i'm more of a movie and tv guy, but i have read many legends and canon stuff. the ST for me is a gem.

16. Amateur_Aphra

Sep 21, 2019
    I could see where ST could end up being a Dark Empire remake, but for me what held my interest in the EU was the characters not some much plot or storylines. I don't feel the ST has really held me character wise but I have a feeling TROS is going to change that.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    What do you think of the new canon? with books, comics and new shows coming.?

18. Amateur_Aphra

Sep 21, 2019
    I definitely prefer the EU in terms of books, the new ones haven't held my attention very long and I like the old writers. But the comics and tv shows have been excellent. Rebels was great and I'm really excite about the Mandalorian, Cassian's show, and Kenobi.
    What about you?

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I quite loved Rebels and i like the resistance. excited for all live actions series. I like the novels some more then other's but like how they make the empire as this evil regime and no sexits within it. I liked the comics of vader and the OT. i am ok on rest.

Amateur_Aphra likes this.
  20. jeangreyforever

Sep 19, 2019
    I think it was just having new Star Wars films in theaters again tbh. On top of that, TFA was a direct sequel to the OT and I always preferred the characters from that trilogy. I never hated the prequel trilogy and in fact, I was introduced to Star Wars from that, but I never liked it as much as the OT. The Clone Wars TV show wasn't enough to keep my interest in the franchise during its lull period especially after I hated the movie so TFA bringing Star Wars back in the public eye was what captured my attention again. I imagine similar enough to how the release of TPM brought back a lot of fans.

21. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    This poll is tricky for me. I would have said that TFA... rejuvenated more than strengthened my interest in SW... until TLJ. In the post-TLJ world, my love for SW has sort of flatlined. I still love classic SW, but I'm not excited for more content. If every four films I get a R1, that's cool and all, but as a continuing universe, it has way less appeal.

I have criticisms of the PT, but in retrospect they're not super important to what I enjoy in the franchise. Basically, the acting and dialogue was bad. I didn't like Padme's ultimate characterization/conclusion. But the larger world? Wow, I loved it. Couldn't get enough of the expanded universe stories. I still love Clone Wars and Empire era extra content.

But everything post-RotJ is basically ruined. The Mandalorian might be okay, I guess, but I'm waiting to hear some hook that makes it interesting. What I really want is a force sensitive character to show up, maybe even Ahsoka, except I don't care that much because I know that Kylo kills all the Jedi before TFA anyway. I actually hate that they copied Luke's story with Rey (as in, one lone young jedi to save the jedi) and then saddled their female jedi with this dumb worse-than-Twilight crap, all while destroying Luke's legacy. Two new force sensitive characters, and apparently I have to be into the worst the worst kind of toxic melodrama to be entertained by them.

Here's hoping that RoS finally establishes the origins of a new Jedi Order, so moving forward we can finally get a diverse crop of Jedi characters on a variety of adventures. Once a new Jedi Order is established, I'll just skip all the post-RotJ content through RoS, and in my headcanon, Luke will have built that new Jedi Order.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  22. Amateur_Aphra

Sep 21, 2019
    I can definitely relate to that. How crazy was it to see the OT characters on screen again?? Were you satisfied with how they carried out the Big Three in the sequel trilogy (i.e. Han in TFA, Luke in TLJ, Leia throughout)?

23. Amateur_Aphra

Sep 21, 2019
    Your point about Rogue One is spot on! Lucasfilm needs to reel it in IMO. What would you have liked to see from sequels? Like adaptations of the EU or new stories without Kylo Ren lol?

24. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    @Amateur_Aphra Welcome to the boards. I need to bring your attention to our rule against double posting, like you've done a few times above. If you want to respond to multiple posts, you need to do it in a single post, or edit your posts together into a single one after responding to multiple posts. Otherwise you need to wait until someone else posts in the thread before posting again. We used to have a real problem with users spamming threads with constant posts, trying to dominate discussions, so we made rule against double posting, or stacking posts.

25. jeangreyforever

Sep 19, 2019
    Oh, it was definitely an extraordinary experience! The one regret I can think of is that we didn't get to see the three together for plot reasons although maybe TROS will remedy that. There were rumors that JJ filmed a scene for TFA with the three of them in a flashback so maybe that's some of the unused material with Carrie Fisher that he'll use this time around.

This may be an unpopular opinion here but I'm actually fine with the direction of all three characters so far. I felt Mark did his best acting yet in TLJ and I never felt that Luke was OOC as some people claimed him to be. I thought it was a great progression of The Hero's Journey for Luke. I'm really looking forward to seeing Leia's role in TROS especially since it seems like we'll see her in a bigger role than has been teased so far.

This is something I've always wanted to know but can one film really kill off so much love and excitement for an entire franchise that not only spans multiple movies, with more to come, but also is featured in so many different forms of media like comics, books, video games, etc? I can understand not liking TLJ but I just don't understand the fans who were ready to give up on Star Wars completely just because they didn't like one film. If it was the final film of the saga, for example like the GOT finale, I might still understand the shock and hurt because at that point, there's no chance of your misgivings being rectified, but there's still one film left to wrap everything up and tie up all loose ends. If all fans gave up that easily, the MCU would have been dead by The Incredible Hulk or Iron Man 2, or if not those two films so early on, then Iron Man 3 or Thor: The Dark World, and I think it's safe to say that most Marvel fans will agree on the fact that the best films were still yet to come at that point.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019