main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How I Met Your Mother: New Episode Tonight

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Zaz, Oct 6, 2008.

1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    That episode was hilarious. [face_laugh]

2. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    This season has been such an improvement over last - it's probably as good as Season 4 even.

3. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001
    How I Met Your Mother

Episode: Blitzgiving (NEW)

"The gang, minus Ted, parties all night with The Blitz (Jorge Garcia), an old friend from college; Ted is forced to spend Thanksgiving with Zoey."

* NEW

8:00 - 8:30 PM CBS

4. saturn5

saturn5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2009
    Let me ask a question. Do you root for Barney or against him? When he's telling some outrageous lie to the latest bimbo-of-the-week do you want him to succeed or do you want her to see through him and throw her drink in his face?

5. Asterix_of_Gaul

Asterix_of_Gaul Jedi Master star 5

Sep 13, 2007
    AW MAN!

(amazing Lost references... :D )

6. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    So... Based on this weeks episode(Another great one) Who do we think will be the wedding we saw at the begining of the season. Punchys or Robins (Bobin??)

They keep throwing red herrings all over the place... hopefully it will be the series final this year, leaving him meeting the Mum on a cliffhanger no doubt.
    Which leaves next season to meet the mum & the 8th season to marry her.

7. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    If I was gonna guess, I'd say Punchy would be the more obvious of the two, who's wedding is taking place in the season opener. Ted was the best man in that opener, and Punchy asked him earlier this season to be his best man. However, being it's the most obvious scenario, I could be completely wrong about this.

8. Luke_Sparkewalker

Oct 23, 2001
    Well, seeing that Robin asked Ted to be her best man now it could have been a flash forward to next season. I'm trying to think how the mum would now punchys wife or Robin. In a way I would love for Ted to meet the mum through Robins wedding, makes his reason for meeting her in the first place a nice bookend.
    I've also heard a theory that it is Zoeys step daughter. Obviasly the captain is old so his daughter could be mid 20's/30.

9. Luke_Sparkewalker

Oct 23, 2001
    Anyone watch this weeks??

:_| :_|

10. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    There seems to be a pretty mixed reaction to the latest episode by the various online reviewers, but I loved it. I really liked how the episode tricked me into getting all excited about finding out what they were counting down to and then completely devastated me at the end.

Alyson Hannigan got me all emotional in that way only she can do.

Oh, and the episode was funny too.

11. Asterix_of_Gaul

Sep 13, 2007
    I feel like things happen that way in real life. One minute you're focused on one thing, and then another just hits you like a ton of bricks, and you forget why anything else mattered.

12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I can't stand it when comedy shows pull a stunt like that. I mean, yeah, it was an emotional moment, but I'm not watching How I Met Your Mother because I want to feel really depressed and have to hug my dad afterward. Sheesh.:(

13. Luke_Sparkewalker

Oct 23, 2001
    There has been alot of emotional lows on HIMYM - Lilly leaving Marshal in season 1, Ted left at the alter etc. In fact, the scene of Ted finding Marshal on the steps in the rain is one of the reasons the show 'sold' alot of people. It's very grounded.

And I think if a show can get you to hug your dad it's a good thing :)

14. Kyptastic

Sep 10, 2005
    HIMYM has never been an out and out comedy like some others - it's always had a strong emotional grounding. This episode just took it to a new level. It's perfectly fine for a show to explore all emotions that they can.

15. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Emotional grounding I'm okay with, I'm just not a fan of feeling like I got an emotional smackdown, which this episode felt like more than the other examples that have been brought up. Don't get me wrong, it was very well done, and in most contexts I'd applaud it, but I felt cheated.

Granted, the fact that it immediately went from that to Rules of Engagement didn't help.:p

16. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    I cried. Not ashamed to admit it.

17. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    How I Met Your Mother

Episode: Last Words (NEW)

"While on a trip to Minnesota, Ted and Barney try anything to make Marshall laugh; Marshall runs into an old nemesis from high school."

* NEW

18. Luke_Sparkewalker

Oct 23, 2001
    Wow, all these guys are at the top of thier game.

Highest rated of the season so far as well....

19. Kyptastic

Sep 10, 2005
    Yeah, pretty much week after week excellence.

I know it's early, but this could be the best season since number 2, definitely in terms of the level of depth, emotion and development we've gotten out of the characters.

20. Asterix_of_Gaul

Sep 13, 2007
    My dad sent me some interesting voice-mails following this episode. One of them was just a recording from the movie Airplane (Scene where Timmy meets the Pilot)

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Great episode. Sad, touching, but not the sledgehammer the last one was, and balanced with some inspired comedy - Robin as a vice dealer was priceless.

22. Luke_Sparkewalker

Oct 23, 2001
    so how long now till we meet barneys dad?

23. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Feb. 14

How I Met Your Mother

Episode: Desperation Day (NEW)

"Barney declares Feb. 13 a holiday for desperate women; Marshall receives a Valentine's Day surprise from Lily; Zoey and Ted work on figuring out their relationship."

* NEW

24. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    last episode was great. I like how the show isn't just forgetting the death of Marshall's dad. I've seen it in a lot of shows where someone dies and the characters mourn for an episode and then go on like nothing ever happened. Nice to see something more realistic for a change. Marshall's going through a lot of phases of mourning in the past few episodes.

25. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    How I Met Your Mother

Episode: Garbage Island (NEW)

"Marshall becomes obsessed with saving the environment after seeing a documentary on garbage; Ted runs into The Captain; Barney admits he has feelings for a woman."

* NEW