main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How is your preparation for CIV coming along?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by pwinklespi, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I got a new camera as well, but I'm not 100% thrilled with it. I may get another one. It takes an incredible picture, but it takes about 5 seconds for the flash to recharge.

Other than that, I am all done preping for CIV. All I have to do is wait. [face_whistling]

2. Ysrossko

Ysrossko Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2006
    Well finally got the cash to completely payoff my hotel for the entire trip so the only left is spending cash as my costumes, plane ticket, badge, and autographs are PAID!!!

3. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    It's great to see that everyone's CIV planning is just about finished. Kudos to everyone and their Star Wars diligence!

Man, we are in for one heck of a great time in LA... =D=

4. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    [image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jedifan/Life%20According%20to%20my%20Camera/IMG_2523.jpg]

Puppies born. Start getting deposits on them in about 4 weeks... sell them prior to C-IV and I don't have to worry about spending cash! Of course, I know I'll end up keeping at least one those sweet things!

5. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    Costume: check
    Hotel: check
    4 Day Badge Registration: check
    Flight: check
    Money: ... who knows (to early to tell) ... [face_praying]

6. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    Plane ticket, 4-day convention pass, Carrie Fisher autograph session ticket and round-trip Super Shuttle reservation (for LA only) - done. I have hotel reservations but I'm still saving for that, as well as spending money, food money, an LA tour, maybe Disneyland and maybe a trip to Venice Beach. But I might not be able to afford all these tours financially or timewise.

7. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Flight: Check
    Hotel: Check
    Airport Transportation: Check
    Badges: Check
    Costumes: In progress, a few more things to do.

Money: Hell no, charging it all, hope the tax return comes in...lol

Also, there are many things we will be doing after the convention:
    Labrea Tar Pits: Free
    Medieval Times: $40 per ticket
    Ferry to I forget the name: $15
    Spending Time with a whole mess of CHEEK PINCHERS: PRICELESS...except for that Botox I may need...lol

8. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    I've thought about going to that place ... I saw on a website somewhere that it was free so I figured why not go check it out ...

9. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    My progress has been delayed by some #$@$ getting a hold of my card no to make a fake and then use it! Had to cancel my card and it's been 2 wks and my new one hasn't arrived! BofA have now cancelled that one to send another but wont overnight it!!! So got to wait 5-7 days!!!

Planning to pick up $20-$40 each week in OfficialPix coups to get my poster signed when it finally arrives!

10. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Danpa...

It is free and it was featured in the movie Volcano with Tommy Lee Jones and Anne Heche. I think the Tar Pits would be cool to visit, but I am into that sorta thing. Anything that scientific makes me excited and it does not hurt that it free either. Plus, I wanted to sare something with the kids that they may not see in a long time!!!

11. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    You may also wanna check out the Huntington Library and LA Arboretum

Back on topic....

Got my Anthony Daniels Coupon. Here's what I'm going to get signed:

[image=http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j246/sgca27/WhereScienceMeetsImaginationExclusi.jpg]

12. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Hey Sith...

Where did you get that print and what is it entitled, I like it alot!!!

13. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    Amidala081499,
    I think I remember that scene now (I haven't seen that movie in a long time). I'm like yourself, if it's free it can't hurt to go check it out. :D

14. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I got it at the California Science Center. It's their exclusive lihtograph for the Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination Exhibit. It's pretty sweet!

15. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I finally took the plunge! I've been messing with my schedule for weeks now but tonight I decided to book my airfare to San Diego since Southwest's sale ends tomorrow ($109 one way). I arrive on the 15th. I've made my San Diego and Anaheim arrangements. I need to book a hotel for the few sightseeing days I'll have in LA before C4 begins. Then I need to decide if I'm going to San Francisco before I make it to Vegas. I'm running out of funds and I need lots of spending money during C4. I suspect everything is going to be expensive.

Anyway, badge purchased, hotel reserved, flight & Amtrak booked! All I need now is my GenCon & Official Pix schedules.

16. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm going to pick up one of those prints this weekend at the CSC. AaS, did you get a signed one?

The pups are only 5 days old and I already have 3 sold! (no, they don't go to the new homes for about 7 more weeks) That's my C-IV cash. YES!

17. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Signed ones?

Today I got my Carrie Fisher Auto Coup!

18. Sean_Walsh

Sean_Walsh Jedi Master star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    Flight and hotel are booked, awaiting to receive the badge which I bought a few months ago.

Money, packing and anything else will be last minute, as usual. :)

19. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    4 day w/bonus tickets...done[face_dancing]
    hotel...done[face_dancing]
    $$$ for gas, food, goodies...done[face_dancing]

need to buy autograph coopuns. got the money, just gotta do it.
    yes I know...I said coopun. (ron white):D

20. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Tater Salad

21. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

HEY AaS...gotta question for ya. when do I buy and where do I buy the picture I want autographed? for example, i'm buying a few carrie fisher coopuns as i've got some items that require signatures, but I REALLY WANT the slave leah pic that's being offered. so where do I get it and how do I pay the five clams to get it?

22. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    OfficialPix will have their table inside their autograph area, where all the pictures are sold. You'll be able to get the pictures in the same place you'll get the autographs themselves.

23. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    so i'll pay them there I take it? cash or coupon is what I need to know. being that i'm getting other autographs, I was curious as I said, if I should buy extra coupons online to cover the cost of the pics or do I pay cash. hope that made sense. :)

24. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I think I understand now. You pay cash (cash or credit cards) for the pictures. The coupons you purchase are for the actual autographs that you want.

25. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    I just tallied up all of my pre-orders that I have with Starwars.com, SideShow Toys, and ShopAFX. I'm on the hook for over $1,800 worth of Star Wars items this year! :eek:

Between all those pre-orders and preparing/saving for CIV, Star Wars is gonna own my wallet in 2007!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.