main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How is your preparation for CIV coming along?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by pwinklespi, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    And there will be george sitting behind his desk going [face_skull]

2. Sean_Walsh

Sean_Walsh Jedi Master star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    Hang on.....WHA?! :eek:

I'm gonna go read a FAQ, but I just need to say it here first -- we have to pay extra for the picture now?? (It's always been "pay for coupon thingy, which basically covers cost of autograph + pic)

3. Doctor_Evil

Doctor_Evil Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2002
    Yep... I think this is correct. And one of just many reasons I don't bother with Autographs.

-Al

4. Ysrossko

Ysrossko Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2006
    This is correct. It was stated in the official info that CIV photos would be available for an extra 5 dollars. You could always bring along your own photos if you have them or something else you want the celeb to sign.

5. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    My prep for C IV has been mostly doing paintings to get autograph. I?m an art director by trade but i do oil paintings on the side. The Top link is a painting that is the first of 5 or 6 that I?ll be bringing with me in May. i'll be finishing the others as the weeks progress Any tips/comments would be great. Thanks

Darth Maul:

http://img65.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dmaul956pp1.png

and an unfinished, but very close Darth Vader:

http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vadericjd4.jpg

6. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I just got this notice regarding my press pass application for C-IV:

I am writing to confirm that we have received your Media Credentials Application for Star Wars Celebration IV, to be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center,

May 24 ? May 28, 2007. May 23rd will feature the 17-hour marathon screening of all six Star Wars films and May 24th is the official fan and media day. We will begin reviewing applications in the next couple of weeks, and will contact you if we need any additional information.

Thank you for your interest in attending and covering Star Wars Celebration IV.

It's not approved yet, but at least they are reviewing the application. Now it's time to keep my fingers crossed...

7. morpheus1977

morpheus1977 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2005
    pass with hyperspace membership confirmed
    money I will have about 700 bucks day of.
    costumes Dark Jedi and custom Mando done
    Car I will be driving up from San Diego done.
    and I am now looking to perhaps share a room.

8. jedifrances74

jedifrances74 Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2006
    I've got my ticket bought, my flight bought, my hotel bought, my spending money saved up, my vacation time from work all ironed out...
    I'm still trying to get my Leia costume finished. I need Leia undies or something. When it was made, there was no lining. So when I wore it in the winter (Michigan = Brrr!) I just wore some long winter underwear under my costume. Now that it's gonna be hotter, I need to find something to wear underneath or get a lining made so that I'm not a hooker Leia:)
    Other than that costume thing, I just need to worry about transportation to and from the aiport/hotel and the hotel/convention center.

9. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Woohoo! Everything is taken care of! I have my room, rental car, flight, vacation time booked, and spending money. I just need to figure out what all I want to do besides the con. I'm thinking tar pits, hollywood sign, cubs game, and clubbing. I need to do some more research lol.

10. DrSartorius

DrSartorius Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2007
    I bought a badge for saturday, May 26, last week online. Looking forward to getting it in the mail. :)

11. woppo

woppo Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2004
    Im all ready to go, now just have to hear back from Gen con on the hours they want me to volunteer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.