main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How long after Opening Night do we need to wait before we star discussing the movie in detail here?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by The Bops, Nov 5, 2015.

1. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    The title says it all. When can we start talking about the movie here? We could go to the Spoiler Forum, but I'd rather talk about the movie with you guys!!

2. The Bops

Oct 30, 2012
    Shoot. I misspelled 'start'. [face_plain]

3. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    Until a mod answers here's a safe bet: Going by what I can remember with previous releases, a mod creates a dedicated thread for people who have seen it it a few days before release. The forum rules will still apply after release for a short period with the exception of that single thread. Within a few weeks at ST/TFA board will be made to compliment the PT and CT boards for general discussion of the film. Hopefully the new discussion board will be spoiler free for VIII & IX. Meanwhile this board becomes just VIII/IX NSA and all discussion of TFA is fair game.

TheYodaPagoda and Alienware like this.
  4. The Bops

Oct 30, 2012
    Thanks Raz,

That's what I'm hoping.

5. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    They will have to have a thread like that in here considering VIII has been filming for a couple months and there are already spoilers for that floating around in conversations about VII. It'll be worse after TFA is actually released.

6. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    I thought in 2005 we just went over to the dark side (spoilers allowed forum) once the movie was shown. Otherwise, yeah just have an "Official details discussion thread" here if you really want to. Not sure it would be allowed though.

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I hadn't considered that! I figured I'd just wander over to the SA forum as soon as I'd seen the film.
    So what we need is a forum like this, which isn't just for TFA, but for all the upcoming films; then we need the SA, but that seems to be for all upcoming films as well then - and we need a "discuss TFA in as much detail as you want, but no spoilers for R1, Ep8, etc. allowed" section.

Oh my!

TheOneX_Eleazar and The Bops like this.
  8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, the current TFA Spoilers Allowed forum is really for all of the Sequel Trilogy, not just TFA. Once TFA comes out, that forum will be retitled. So if you guys want to avoid VIII and IX spoilers, you'll want to avoid that forum. This forum will remain No Spoilers Allowed for all of the future New Films; Sequel Trilogy and Spin-offs.

mavjade and PrincessKenobi can probably best explain the plan as far as new forums at that point goes. :cool:

9. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    mavjade will explain it better then me but I shall give it a shot. :) :bb8head:

So the plan once the movie comes out within that month we will move all TFA discussion to the Sequel Movies Forum. That way if you decide that you want to talk about the movie but be spoiler free you have a place to discuss the movie without rumors and spoilers from the next two movies.

It'll look something like this

*Spoilers Allowed 8 & 9
    *NSA 8 & 9
    *Spoilers Anthology Movies
    *The Force Awakens

Now when 8 comes out that information will be moved to TFA and the name changed to Sequel Trilogy and host all your Sequel discussion. Like we've done with the PT and the OT. Now I don't remember what we decided for the Anthology movies and where discussion for them would be moved. But like I said Mav will explain this even better then I did. Her explanation is top notch for this.

10. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I think you did a good job explaining it Princess Kenobi ! But I'll add my way since it's a little confusing. Basically once a movie comes out it goes to it's permanent home, like we currently have with the OT and PT forums.

So currently we have this:

Spoiler Allowed Sequel Trilogy - Episodes 7, 8, 9
    No Spoilers Allowed - Episodes 7,8,9, Rogue One, Anthology Films
    Spoiler Allowed Anthology Movies

A after TFA comes out:

Spoiler Allowed Sequel Trilogy - Episodes 8, 9
    No Spoilers Allowed - Episodes 7,8,9, Rogue One, Anthology Films
    Spoiler Allowed Anthology Movies
    Sequel Trilogy - TFA

After Rogue One comes out:
    Spoiler Allowed Sequel Trilogy - Episodes 8, 9
    No Spoilers Allowed - Episodes 8, 9, Anthology Films (excluding Rogue One)
    Spoiler Allowed Anthology Movies - Excluding Rogue One
    Sequel Trilogy - TFA
    Anthology Movies - Rogue One

After Episode 8 Comes out:
    Spoiler Allowed Sequel Trilogy - Episode 9
    No Spoilers Allowed - Episodes 9, Anthology Films (excluding Rogue One)
    Spoiler Allowed Anthology Movies - All anthology movies that have not come out
    Sequel Trilogy - TFA, Episode 8
    Anthology Movies - Rogue One

And so on and so forth until all the movies have moved out of Spoilers Allowed/No-spoilers allowed forums. We of course don't know how many movies that will be, so the SA/NSA forums will be open so long as we have new movies coming out.

11. That Real Hope

That Real Hope Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 14, 2015
    I say give it a week

Sent from my E2105 using Tapatalk

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Thanks PK and Mav for the explanations of The Plan TM. :D

mavjade likes this.
  13. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    That's a good plan.

I don't see why you would need to discuss the details of the movie right away here when you already have a spoiler forum where everyone will be discussing it. I won't be able to get to the movie for about a week, and don't plan to get spoiled (I will have to avoid the news and media in general for a week, I'm sure there will be spoilers everywhere), so it is good at least one non-spoiler forum will be open for us after the movie comes out.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Great plan. In fact, it's the same as I said was needed. I love being right :cool:
    :p

But yeah, I wouldn't want to discuss the film here, so until the TFA section is opened, I'll just head over to the SA section.

15. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Well the big thing is that after the movie comes out, the way we talk about 8 and 9 will change. 7 is setting up the next two movies. We will have a vague idea of where this is going and what to expect. Which means those thoughts and theories will get interlined with our opinions and discussions of TFA in here and some people might decide you know I don't want spoilers for 8 and 9 so I'm out. But I do want to talk about the movie over all and things it may have changed or expanded on from the other 6 films.

With filming of 8 starting in 2 months time, we do want to be proactive with this. Because those spoilers will start coming in faster then this time around. Different director different set of rules on set

TigerCraneFist and mavjade like this.
  16. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I thought the filming of 8 started a couple of months ago?

17. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    It did. And a relatively significant spoiler about VII was revealed.

18. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Hm, think I missed that one! Thank goodness!

19. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    Yes, back in September. I noticed there was no update in the spoiler alert thread. News tends to move a little slower in here than in the SA forum. Which is good I guess, but it's helpful to know when to avoid things. Good thing no one seemed to notice here.

20. Forbidden Island

Forbidden Island Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 23, 2015
    I honestly have lost the desire to see spoilers. The movie is really close; I can wait!

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  21. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Why don't the people that HAVE seen it just simply start posting in the SA forum? I mean the two forums both have very similar thread topics for the most part anyways...

And if they still want to discuss specific topics here in the NSA thread, they simply just continue to follow the no spoiler rules...? I know the mods may eventually rework the forums a bit, but for the first few weeks/months or so....

22. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    As discussed earlier in the thread - to avoid spoilers for Ep8.