main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How many Jedi left?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by chissdude10, Oct 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I have no idea?

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Approximately 10 of them have been killed so far in the NJO, so that leaves about 90 Jedi left.

3. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    I think theve been more killed.

4. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Is there a list anywhere online of known Jedi (mentioned in movies/books/comics/etc.) and any other relevant information (when they lived, how they died, species, planet of origin, etc.)?

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    These are the Jedi that have been killed in the NJO:

Miko Reglia
    Daeshara'cor
    Wurth Skidder
    Thrynni Vae
    Ikrit
    Seyyerin Itoklo
    Swilja Fenn
    Dorsk 82
    Kelbis Nu
    Jimmy

6. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    you left out Dorsk 82

JMA

7. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Those are the ones that have actually been shown to be dead, but I got the feeling from stuff like the prologue to Conquest that that's just a little taste. If you're counting full Jedi, I'm guessing NO MORE than 75, and probably closer to 60 or 50. If you count all the learners and apprentices, probably it will shoot up to 200 or so.

8. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Thats wat i was guessing too. Does anyone think wi'll se Valin anytime soon?

9. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    I don't think the "100 Jedi" differentiated between Jedi students and Jedi teachers. I believe that it was meant to give the sum total of "Jedi." Therefore, there are less than 90 Jedi left in the galaxy.

I don't think we were meant to think the "100 Jedi" applied to a limited sub-group. "Oh, I meant there are 100 Jedi Masters in the NJO - but we've got 500,213 Jedi Chefs, 1,976,321 Jedi Healers, 634,792 Jedi Hair Dressers in the order" just doesn't seem right to me.

10. yodaboy

yodaboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 5, 2001
    "634,792 Jedi Hair Dressers"

LOL!!

11. Yuuzhan_Commando

Yuuzhan_Commando Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2001
    Valin was in wossanme, with the Jedi temple being invaded by Vong

12. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    Here's a good list of the known ones. You can do the math.

Daye Azur-Jamin
    Tam Azur-Jamin
    Cilghal
    Daeshara'cor (Died at Ithor)
    Dorsk 82 (Died fight Aqualish)
    Jovan Drark
    Kyp Durron
    Swilja Fenn (Killed by Vong)
    Kenth Hamner
    Corran Horn
    Jysella Horn
    Valin Horn
    Seyyerin Itoklo (Killed by Vong)
    Tenel Ka
    Kyle Katarn
    Ulaha Kore
    Tresina Lobi
    Lowbacca
    Lusa
    Lyric
    Markre Medjev
    Cray Mingla
    Miko Reglia (Died at Helska 4)
    Ganner Rhysode
    Sannah
    Wurth Skidder (Killed by Vong)
    Luke Skywalker
    Mara Jade Skywalker
    Anakin Solo
    Leia Organa Solo
    Jacen Solo
    Jaina Solo
    Kam Solusar
    Tionne Solusar
    Streen
    Tekli
    Raynar Thul
    Kirana Ti
    Thrynni Vae (Killed at Duro)
    Tahiri Veila
    Ikrit (Died at Yavin 4)
    Zekk

That's 42, and 7 of em are dead, so who knows how many more there are and how many more have been killed. A good site for this kind of stuff is: http://fan.starwars.com/GavinDarklighter/index.html

13. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Unless things changed in the EU then Cray Mingla became Callista, the broad who cared more about herself than Luke, so.....she's gone too.

14. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Hehe, you missed Kelbis Nu on that list.

15. LordCroesus

LordCroesus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2001
    I figure that on Dathomir, if there were 25-30 force-capable sisters in one clan, and assuming the three mentioned clans are the only ones with force-sisters, there are between 60 and 100. Another indefinite number of Jesaarai on another planet (Can't remember the exact name of the planet, was in the end of "I, Jedi"), though there were only 17 accounted for in "I, Jedi".
    There are also force-users in the Empire, former Emperor's Hands and so forth, plus one who was mentioned briefly in Courtship of Princess Leia.

These aren't really Jedi, as such, but they're potential Jedi, I can only hope they're worked into the NJO somehow...

16. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Here's my question. Is the number we're given the number of those trained to at least knighthood or does it include those students still in training? If it's the latter, then the loss of ten would be a serious injury to the fighting ability of the order. Let's say that it is the latter and that the number of Jedi who could actually fight, the Knights and Masters (with Padawans being among this group), is maybe 40 or 50, with the remainder being students still being trained to the point where they could become a Padawan. Loose 10 and the fighting strength drops, a fighting strength that is already rather lower than apprently needed to fight the Vong. And it's a fighting strenght that is factured at that.

However, if the number 100 is actually a reflection of the fighting strength, Padawans, Knights, and Masters, then the loss of ten is less severe. Yes, it's not like they can be easily replaced. But it does mean that the order still has a fairly decent fighting strength to use against the Vong, despite being fractured.

Moreover, a few of the Jedi students are bound to reach the rank of Padawan and begin training with nights and Masters, which will make up for some losses, but not all of them. Let's say that there might be fifty students and only three or four of them have advanced enough to become Padawans. With the loss of ten from the fighting strength, three or four would, in these dark times, probably look pretty good. However, there are doubtlessly more who will die and their loss will not be replaced any time soon.

17. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    I got the impression form the last couple of books that there where a lot of Jedi Students on Yavin 4 and then later on Booster's Ship. I think that the 100 or so they talk about earlier in the NJO are the ones out in the field doing missions. But if there are large numbers in the bull pen. (close to becoming of age) then we could see an increase in numbers during the next year or so. The age The Jedi seem to be ready to go into the field is around 13 or 14 as a padawan anyway. So if there are a bunch of 11 or 12 year olds waiting to go there could be more coming soon.
    (I operate under the thought that in the GFFA we see kids become an adult at an earlier age than here on Earth.) Different universe.. different rules.

18. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    That's the problem though. Waiting for kids to be old enough to become a part of what I termed the fighting strength. The numbers that are being lost would suggest that even a month may be too long a wait.

19. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    It's my impression that at the time of the VP, there are approximately 100 Jedi Knights (Including Masters and Padawans/Apprentices) produced from the Jedi Praxeum on Yavin 4 - but that number also means "give or take a few."

It's also my impression that that number does NOT include the 20 plus Jedi students, (i.e., Valin, Jysella, Sannah. etc.), now in the care of Kam Solusar and Tionne as of Greg Keyes' Edge of Victory. And I also believe that that number does NOT include the number of failed students, (i.e., Brakiss, Dolph, - except those two examples are deceased/presumed deceased - but you know what I mean) and/or students that might have left to pursue self-training before completing their studies under the instructors at Yavin 4.

As of right now, I also believe that there's not enough information to ascertain if the approximate 100 Jedi includes other disciplines like the "Jensaarai" (sp?) which had over 10 members in Mike Stackpole's novel, "I, Jedi" - but which also appears to have had some affiliation with Master Luke Skywalker (which is in a passing reference in Tim Zahn's Hand of Thrawn novels). Also note, the Jensaarai might have either gained or lost more members in the years since the time of "I, Jedi."

Plus, we have no idea what happened to the Jedi/Dark Jedi being trained by Lord Adalric Brandl, High Inquisitor Tremayne, Lumiya, Arden Lynn, the Prophets of the Dark Side, or any number of Imperial and/or Dark Side holdovers from the days of the Empire. Both Wizards of the Coast and West End Games have produced, and continue to produce, possible threads that there are still several Darksiders and (Dark Side and/or Force) Adepts still running around.

Personally, I don't think we have a hard number as of yet as to an accounting of the "NJO Jedi" totals. There's lots of room for variation in the total accounting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.