main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG How many times has everyone watched? Who's seeing again?

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by JediDarT, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDarT

JediDarT Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    I've watched it twice. Gonna watch at least once more, how about everyone else?

Scalpers are going crazy, Dooku going at $30 man. Lucky I got my Saesee Tiin and Nikto cheap

2. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I've watched it 3 times, and I'm probably gonna watch it at least ONE MORE TIME before it stops showing in the cinemas..... then again, it could be showing in the cinemas for quite some time!! :p

But I still bow down to lukedecop though..... I think you still hold the record here lukedecop! :cool:

3. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I only watch it 5 times: Charity Premiere, TODAY-MediaCorp Premiere, May 16th Midnight, May 16th evening and May 18th. But I haven't reach my target of viewings at different cinemas so got a few more to go. ;)

Now let me see, I haven't at Eng Wah's and I must do once at Yishun 10 . . . . how many cinema companies (showing AOTC) there are in Singapore? :D

Ya, I think Lukedecop hold the highest record here. ;)

4. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    5 times for me too..and 2 of those was at Cathay Orchard (one too many). like DE, I'm also hoping to try out every cinema, so still a long way to go for me :D

5. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    Yes, i have seen it 7 times.
    1. Charity Prem. (2nd Best)
    2. Today's Prem. (rush rush couldnt sit with everybody)
    3. 15th May Preview (fun)
    4. 16th May Offical Opening Day (The Best)
    5. 17th May with Classmates (they were SHOCK)
    6. 18th May with Friends (SHOCK TOO)
    7. 19th May (a.k.a Big Walk Day)with church friends (can consider the worst bec. fell asleep too tired woke up at 5.00a.m)

Looking forward to maybe seeing it with u guys on Sunday, provided i can go later for my friends house warming party.

6. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Let me list out in order of merit..

1. Charity Premiere (Can't beat the atmosphere)
    2. 16th May Evening (Actually on par with the Charity Premiere :D )
    3. TODAY Screening (It's u SW fans which made it more fun)
    4. 20th May (Watch with classmates)
    5. 28th May (Watch alone, plus there was this guy in front of me blocking my view :( )
    6. Tomorrow! (With my bro)

I watched TPM 6 times, so I'm going to be on par soon.. ;)

7. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    1. May 16th Evening

2. Charity Premiere
    2. May 16th Midnight

4. TODAY Screening

5. May 18th Screening
    (My younger bro insisted keeping 10 metres away from me cause I was wearing a Jedi Costume :( )

Next one should be this Sunday. :D After that, back to Eng Wah's Jubilee and then to GV Yishun 10 and then . . . . I'm broke :p

8. DarthMenace

DarthMenace Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2002
    Saw it 2 times.

First at the Charity Premier at Shaw cinema. The curve screen gave me a shock! But the picture was clear and sound was very good.

Second viewing was at GV Tampines. Picture was very grainy! I could see the background blurred and very blocky (if there's such a word). And the sound was terrible!! It seems like it was coming from s stereo speaker only. No surround effect as far as I can tell. Did not enjoy it at all.

Now planning for the 3rd and most probably final viewing. Could you guys tell me from your experience which cinema has good picture and sound. Cathay Orchard? Eng Wah Suntec etc.

Can't view more times than this due to 2 reasons. 1st Can't quite accept the bad dialog between Ani and Padme. Everytime when it reaches that part of the movie, I will cringe at the dialog. 2nd my wife would kill me :) !

9. B0baFett

B0baFett Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2002
    I watched SW2 only ONCE (16th May) & don't intend to anymore.
    I am a die hard fan of SW especially Eps 4 -6. But the thought of seeing Fett's head sliced off still tramatises me. Even more so while watching it wearing the similar Mandalore costume.
    Can't wait for SW3, maybe by then my suit can fly!

10. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Ermm... could I be the record holder...?

1. Charity
    2. Mediacorp TODAY
    3. Midnight
    4. 16 May 1400
    5. 17 May ard 1830
    6. 21 May 1100
    7. 23 May 2100
    8. 25 May 1300
    9. 28 May 1530
    10.29 May 1430

:D

11. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    B0baFett - Try closing your eyes when you know his head's gonna come off...?

Me, only twice (TODAY screening and May 16th) :( But hopefully I can watch it a few more times with friends and family. :)

12. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Bobafett81 - That's quite a record! :D

13. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    DarthMenace - U can try orchard cineplex, they got "THX" there by Lucas film, theater 1 and 4 is the best if i remember correctly. Lido is pretty gd as well.

14. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Avoid GV Grand for now. They corrected the crappy, blurish picture on May 17-18th after a group of fans who also contacted Fox, complained on May 16th but within day, it's back to normal. :(

15. DarthMenace

DarthMenace Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2002
    Thanks lukedecop and Darth_Eagle for the recommendation. I actually watch it at Eng Wah Suntec City last night. The sound was not bad. But I noticed that the night scenes are still blocky, which I attribute it to Digital photography. I have a digital camera and I get this type of picture when taking low light scenes. I guess this is one of the disadvantages of digital technology.

Guess what, I doze off at the middle of the movie :) ! Somehow the movie is not holding my interest anymore. Even the final battle scenes is plain boring! I was watching the background jedi fighting and you could see their action is not believable and very slow. Jump, hesitate, pretend to block some laser, hesitate, chop, hesitate ......

All the fight scenes seems to have lost the "edge". In this respect, TPM is much better. The fight scenes between Oui Gon, Obi Wan and Dart Maul is better.

And to conveniently kill off Jango, they let the Reek monster damage his jet pack and then let Mace chop his head off. Do you think he could have done that if Jango's jet pack is still ok. I don't think so!

Oh well, here's hoping for a better Episode III.

16. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Haha I agree with DarthMenace about the extra jedi fighting in the background. Some are swinging their lightsabres when there isn't any droids in front of them! :D. It's quite obvious that the human actors in that scene were all in front of a blue screen. ILM could have made it more realistic

17. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    11may charity premiere
    13may chan5/perfect10 premiere
    14may singtel/pod premiere
    16may afternoon show, parents didnt allow me to go for the midnight one

no more time nor money to watch, and i find it disappointing so i guess i shouldnt waste anymore money

18. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I finally went to GV GRAND last night but it didn't seem to have that problem u guys mentioned..or it could be because it was a different screen.

Btw, it was at least 60% full, and it was quite a large theatre! :)

19. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Someone complained and they had corrected it again?

Hmm, 60% Full. I remembered when I watch it on Fan Day in 1999 (June 19th) there, there were only 3 people inside the cinema and I sat somewhere in the middle. :D

20. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    June 19th? That would only be less than 3 weeks after the June 3rd opening in Singapore... Where as now, about the same time after 16th May opening, it still seems to be going strong. A sign? :D

21. JediDarT

JediDarT Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    How much does it cost at GV grand anyway?

22. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    It's the usual price, unless you're intending to go for Gold Class, which is $25 or $30 I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.