main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga How many weapons does an Imperial star destroyer actually have?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by TheMerchant, Jul 29, 2020.

1. TheMerchant

TheMerchant Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2020
    As we know thanks to RPG stats ISDs tend to be listed as having 60 Heavy turbolasers for example. But, has it ever been possible to actually count how weapons it actually has on the models?

2. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I don't think there has ever been a scene in any of the movies that give you a good enough view, even when paused, to get a full count of the weaponry of a ISD. Also, you have to take into consideration, the larger the Star Destroyer, the more weaponry it has. And if you're speaking of a physical model, I've not seen one with enough detail to know truly how many weapons are contained on an ISD.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  3. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    There's also the consideration of whether there are weapons there that are simply not used onscreen or in the EU. Also, would squadrons of TIEs and whatever else type of shuttle or starfighter have been included in that list? IMO they should be.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  4. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    As I understood the original question, TIEs would not be included in a star destroyer's own weapons. They are more like a supplement. I think a SD can carry TIEs, but can probably also function pretty well without them, depending on the situation.
    I agree. Haven't the actual models used in the movies been on display on several expositions? But even those wouldn't do to get the actual number of guns. Some guns could be "hidden" near hangars etc. and wouldn't have been built into the models. What would be the point if you don't see them on screen anyway?