main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How much $$$ are you bringing?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Grumpy_Jedi, Jul 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    As VK has said, if you are staying a decent hotel, they *should* cash those checks for you.

However, here's a list of banks near the convention center if you want it:
    http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&q=banks&near=90015&sa=X&oi=local&ct=title

2. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I agree with Happy Ninja on this topic. ;)

3. Sean_Walsh

Sean_Walsh Jedi Master star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    A few hundred bucks, I reckon.

Oh, and my credit card. I've never paid paper money for the autograph coupons, and I ain't about to start. :)

4. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I'm glad I'm getting a pretty big tax refund! :D

5. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I am glad the pound is so strong against the dollar, I picked up $400 today to take with me :D

6. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    No matter how much I bring, It still wont be enough!

7. darthgator69

darthgator69 Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2006
    One miiilllllliiion dollars[face_thinking]

8. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    A gazillion dollars.

9. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    While we all may have different dollar amounts that we will be bringing, one thing is certain among ALL of us:

Our original planned budgets have gone way up since the CIV announcements have come out.

10. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Alas - mine got cut to the bone - such is life!

But Edward Scissorhands is coming to Seattle - We couldn't just let it go unseen!!

11. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Probably rock-bottom. I'll be happy if I come away with one autograph. My grant check is going to be only a little over 1000, but I already owe my parents almost half that for paying for my college books. I magaed to squeeze into a big room that's being split between several people so I'm getting a deal on that, but for food, I'll bring my own (shh, don't tell anyone!). Most of what's left over will be spent on tapes for my video camera. If you see a gal wearing jeans, a SW t-shirt, a black cap covered with SW buttons and filming like there's no tomorrow...that's probably me. ;)

CIV 4-day badge: $113
    Hotel room: $200
    Autograph coupons: $10 each

Meeting Darth Maul, Chewbacca, Darth Vader, and Artoo-Detoo:
    Priceless. :)

12. Gackt

Gackt Jedi Master

Nov 3, 2004
    This is for me and my girlfriend:

- Airfare $2000 from Madrid ( Spain ) to LAX.
    - Hotel $1700 for 8 nights
    - Rent A Car to 4 persons ( 6 or 7 days ) $75 per person.
    - Meals $400.00
    - Action Figures and Goodies to buy $1000

Do you think that we will be ok?

$400 to eat 2 persons 8 days it´s ok?
    $75 per person it´s ok to rent a car to 4 people, 7 days?

Thanks!

13. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    At this rate, I would say be prepared to double your "Action Figures & Goodies" estimate. ;)

14. Gackt

Gackt Jedi Master

Nov 3, 2004
    Really we will not take $1000, we will take ?1000 ($1300 aprox.)

But we only want a Master Replicas FX saber, some autographs, some C4 Shirts and the exclusives Action Figures. I think 1300$ it´s ok.

But is ok $400 to eat 2 persons in 8 days?

15. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    That's only $25 per person per day, for three meals. You'll be surprised how much walking around the convention center can make you very hungry! :)

U.S. Goverment per diem is $64 per day per person, just to give you a comparision. I'd budget a bit more. You'll probably want to eat a nicer meal at least a few times during your stay.

16. jedileann

jedileann Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    I've been able to increase my total budget to $3000.

17. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Well I already know that hotel, airfare, & shuttle to and from both, is running about $800.

On top of that, figuring in how many autographs I want to get as well as artwork, I've come to about $1000 there.

So I think another $500 on top of that for food, taxis/subway/bus. Sounds decent to me.

18. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    more than i should!

19. JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY

JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2003
    $1500.00. I thought $800.00 was enough at C3. I was way wrong.

20. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    I have no budget. I will be bringing some cash, but anything that I can I will put on a credit card just to make life easier. We've already spent about $2000 for Airfare, Hotel, car rental, and theme park tickets, and 2 badges. We'll probably spend about another $1000 I am guessing. I really don't know. I just know that I don't really have any plans to spend a bunch of money on toys and stuff.

Someone else was asking about $25 a day for food. And I would say it is doable provided your Hotel has a free breakfast. Just don't go to a sit down restaurant every night. I've lived on much less, and I find that I eat less on Vaction because I'm too busy.

21. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I'm not buy any collectibles or anything this time since I'm flying. So it's strictly food money. I figure about $100 a day, so $400, give or take.

22. e-j

e-j Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2006
    Can you use your credit card to buy things from dealers? Will they all have a credit card facility, or is it more a cash-only payment system?

23. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I would so be bringing a credit card if I had one.. but I don't.. and I don't know of any way I can get one either.. I had a bankruptcy a few years ago.. now my husband might could get one.. but then he would not be there with me to use the card.. and I don't even know how to get him a card anyway.. though we would at this point if we could..

24. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Regardless of the amount I bring, it is becoming more & more clear that it is simply NOT going to be enough. :p

I'm happy that I am able to get some items out of the way with the vendor exclusives pre-orders before the con. At least that will help me get a better grasp of how much I need to actually bring with me to CIV.

But then again, once I get into that Dealer Room and my eyes widen with delight, my budget goes out the window and all bets are off.

25. jaklits

jaklits Jedi Knight

May 2, 2007
    The whole food thing is going to be the wildcard for me. At C2 and C3 we brought our own food, our room had a kitchen, saved tons of cash. C1 was another story, we lived on Ihop and Kentucky fried chicken. This time it's going to be a budget buster. If there is another Celebration, please bring it back to Indy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.