main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga How often do you watch through the whole Saga?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by theskycorvair, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    This will be the first year in several that I don't do a I-VI marathon around May the 4th. I used to watch one Episode a day, usually with ANH landing on Star Wars day. With all the new stuff coming out and all of the stuff that I want to re-watch, an annual marathon doesn't feel as necessary.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s been a long time since I have watched through the entire saga. A long time

darthfettus2015 likes this.
  3. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    Not very often. I might watch the occasional movie, but the entire saga within a small time period? Very rarely.

4. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    May I suggest a great way to watch the saga.. albeit in edited form is the excellent, ever extending Canon time line video by star wars explained on YouTube. it's really well done if some people don't know its extended every year with every new film, book, computer game and TV release
    watching it like this the story really comes alive, a tribute to the many writers that have gone into the saga...you need a free 58mins
    please check it out is love to chat about it on here
    happy star wars day May the 4th...

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  5. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I'll be watching through the entire saga starting today, probably stretched over a couple of weeks. I've reached the point where I can comfortably do all nine films once a year, which I make time for on Star Wars Day since, y'know... it's Star Wars Day.

darthfettus2015 and Sadie Erso like this.
  6. Sadie Erso

Sadie Erso Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2020
    My family tries to watch one movie every month... We already have watched Rogue One and now I'm gonna force my sisters to watch ANH (since they don't like it very much).

darthfettus2015 and HolyKenobi93 like this.
  7. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    i used to be just a film guy but getting into the other parts of the story from other mediums. Think its brilliant how so many writers make it all tie in. The episodes are merely snippets. and when taken in context with everything else... the saga becomes more astonishing
    i prob won't watch all films all the way through in a given year but will rewatch it in sections and as I said above love the Canon time line approach

Sadie Erso likes this.
  8. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I do a solid dedicated watch of 4-6 at least a couple of times a year. Those usually happen in spring or summer time when it's also convention season and I'm just in an overall nerdy state of mind. But then also, whenever 4-6 air on TNT/TBS, I usually just have it on as background while I go about my day doing other things. So I'd say I watch 4-6 pretty consistently. I'm always a sucker for a good old fashioned themed television marathon. Oh, and these days, RO is definitely included in my OT watch.

Although as of late, TNT/TBS have been advertising just an awful slate of their original programming at every commercial break and it makes things completely unwatchable sometimes. Which is exactly what is happening today on May the 4th. This may be the last year I'll have basic cable like this anyhow, so I'll still have it on. But sometimes it's obvious that Star Was is only being shown to advertise something else, and when that happens, I specifically don't have it on.

I can't say I ever do a full dedicated 1-6 watch though. Usually when it's 1-6, again, it's just on as background and is something I'm passively watching. I do watch TPM regularly, because I think it's the best of 1-3, and is its own self contained film. But, honestly, I don't think I've ever actually just straight up decided to watch AOTC or ROTS on their own without any distractions.

And I hardly ever watch 7-9. I occasionally watch TFA because it reminds me of a time when that was the only ST release we had, and optimism for the franchise was still sky high. But beyond that, I can't even bring myself to watch TLJ, and especially TROS, without just shaking my head at how unforgivably ridiculous they are. They don't even register as SW movies to me. It's not that I'm deciding they aren't SW movies. I genuinely consider them to be a modern reboot of an old franchise rather than a direct continuation of that franchise. Kind of like what they did with Get Smart. I still have a lot of love for the ST era and being a Star Wars fan during that time. Just not the ST itself.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    DarthKreVass and HolyKenobi93 like this.