main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT How old were you when you heard Vader's Revelation?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by SateleNovelist11, Jul 19, 2018.

?

What was your age?

1. 4-13

87.3%
  2. 14-18

12.7%
  3. 19-29

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 30 or older

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I couldn't place a vote.

I was in the womb, having been conceived about a month before ESB came out.

Triad Moons and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  2. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Conceived were you? Take you to TESB I will. Ha ha ha!

3. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Yep, I was Team Vader Is A Lying Liar from 1980 through early 1983.

So yeah, I was nine, although I read it in the novelization before the film was released, which I think is partly why I held on to the idea that it was BS. Much easier to be uncertain on the page. The tone of the way it's filmed makes it seem a lot more definitive in retrospect -- if it was just a sketchy "maybe" the level of sheer drama wouldn't be what it is.

Sarge and DARTH_BELO like this.
  4. Jake Starkiller

Jake Starkiller Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 6, 2020
    I wasn't so much as a fetus by the time ESB came out, but when I saw them on Video 2 decides later, I was 5. I always thought Vader was telling the truth, though I did watch all of the CT one after the other, so I didn't have years to speculate like others.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  5. Emperor McClane

Emperor McClane Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2019
    Born in 1982 my first experience was 1990, when Star Wars was first shown on TV in Germany. I knew nothing about it and nothing about the twist in TESB. I was shocked and thought Vader lied. Fortunately I had only wait 1 week to find out that he told the truth, since the movies where shown one movie a week. Further I was very confused, what was with part 1,2 and 3? my older brother explained it to me without spoiling. SW will always be something special since my older brother and me really bonded due to SW. He red the EU, we exchanged books and talked about the GFA.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    lovethedarkside likes this.
  6. Jaina's Boyfriend

Jaina's Boyfriend Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2020
  7. AllTheSingleMaras

AllTheSingleMaras Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2019
    I would watch Star Wars when I was... gosh...6 or 7? With my brother, on our old plaid couch. My parents had taped it off of the TV, so it usually followed the line up of Annie, a heavily censored Jaws, and THEN Star Wars... but get this: my parents had the recording time wrong, so they only got Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. For the first few years of being introduced to SW, I thought there were only 2 films! So the Dad reveal...

I mean, it was still a shock, because the mean scary man was the good guy's father. But I didn't get the proper buildup! Finally my parents rented A New Hope and my world was blown. I was finally seeing the "Prequel" to Star Wars Duology! lol

8. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    13 yrs old, will never forget someone spray painted the spoiler of all spoilers on a billboard.
    In huge block letters. DARTH VADER IS LUKE'S FATHER. Thank god I saw ESB first. Was thinking at the time,
    that idiot just ruined it for a lot of people.

Iron_lord and AllTheSingleMaras like this.
  9. Darthvader1975

Darthvader1975 Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2020
    I was 5. It was cool moment

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I was very old at this point. 109 years old. I was so shocked by this that it killed me and then resurrected me STRONGAH THAN EVAH BEFOAH

11. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    I was spoiled about it by my father before I found out.I was playing Star Wars with my friend and I was pretending to be Darth Vader and my friend was Luke Skywalker.Then my friend was all like “oh you killed my father” and my Dad walks in and is like ?? Darth Vader is your father.Im like?!?!?:eek:

12. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

This movie never gets old, nor does the way Jones read Vader's lines.

13. Triad Moons

Triad Moons Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 14, 2020
    That sounds like a dad thing to do.

The Senate likes this.
  14. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I think I was 5, pretty sure I watched ESB before ANH. The whole cloud city story arc was scary to me. For some reason, I thought that Luke's hand/garbage debris that falls past him on the lower antenna was a copy of Luke that fell to its death. It was the same person in the Vader suit during the Dagobah cave.

15. Classified8

Classified8 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2016
    14, opening night of ESB in theater.