main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo How packed was your theatre?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by HaloWithStyle, May 27, 2018.

1. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    I went to screening at 3.10pm on Sunday and it was only about half full maybe less.

Are people just not interested or could a lot of people not even know the movie exists? What’s going on here?

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    All three times it was full.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    My theater wasn't particularly packed; but what's ironic is that I actually went to the cinema with the intention of seeing the new Avengers movie; but couldn't get a seat for the next few hours. There were a few open seats for Solo when I saw it today; I actually wound up sitting next to a boy with his companion dog (a large Golden Retriever) sitting on his lap the entire time.

Billy_Dee_Binks and Bor Mullet like this.
  4. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Memorial day weekend in a military town means this place is dead. My viewings were only about half full.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  5. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    The central sector was full but the entire wings were empty.

6. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Mine was fairly packed, maybe a little less then Deadpool 2 but not by much.

7. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Both showings I've been to were completely full other than a handful of seats in the front row.

8. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    My 7pm Thursday showing was not packed at all. It was the same for Rogue One. I'm wondering if casual audiences see "A Star Wars Story" and think it's some totally different spin off movie that is just using the Star Wars name to sell it. I live in the Los Angeles area, and that's all I can think of to account for the lack of a crowd for now two consecutive Anthology opening nights. And compare that to TLJ this past December where every single seat was taken at the 7pm Thursday showing.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    My theater was pretty full overall. I think there was 7 empty seats

10. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016
    Nearly full Friday night, barely half full Saturday evening

11. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Just did an afternoon matinee. Theater was sold out.

12. Bossk_Baby

Bossk_Baby Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2018
    Full theater Friday right. Some light laughs, murmurs at the Maul reveal, light applause at the end. Crowd didn’t seem super engaged but comments were positive in lobby after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    This for me during the early fan screening

14. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Saw it Friday at noon, in a larger US city. It was a big theater. I'd say about 15-20 people total were in it.

15. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Actually the busiest I've seen an SW movie in the cinema. Might be because Half term just started for schools here in England, and people were flocking to the cinema. The whole place seemed pretty busy though, other films included. Plus it's not my usual cinema, so I'm not sure how much this really tells me.

16. Organafan

Organafan Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2017
    Big crowd from what I saw walking in and walking out as I sat close to the front. There weren't so many people that the front rows were occupied, but I have rarely seen that. Bedroom community town by a small (crappy) city.
    Friday evening, 6:00 PM, 2D, one of the two best auditoriums in the place (I don't know the sound specifics). This was one of four screens showing the movie.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  17. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Dead...

18. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    10:15PM on Thursday 60% full

10:25AM on Saturday 20% full

19. AV-6R7

AV-6R7 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2014
    I was at the Thursday night IMAX 3D screening. It was absolutely packed.

20. CaptainEO

CaptainEO Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    I first saw it at a preview screening which was a full house as all press screenings are.
    When I went again on actual opening day, it was dead. No lines, and the theater was only about half filled. The talk in the multiplex was about Deadpool 2. They probably should have stuck to the December release. Especially after the negativity surrounding TLJ.

21. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Thursday previews had a scattering of people. Friday at 6 pm had even less. :(

22. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I went opening night at 5pm and maybe 1/4 of the seats were full. I went to TLJ opening night and it was shoulder-to-shoulder.

23. Edgar Allen Poe Dameron

Edgar Allen Poe Dameron Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    I mentioned this in the B.O. thread but we went Friday at 4:20pm and there were about 50 - 60 people so probably around 20% - 25% of the seats were full. This was IMAX non-3D if that matters. Perhaps non IMAX/3D theaters were fuller since they're cheaper seats. I don't like 3D but I do like IMAX and Solo was worth the extra.

24. Tyrian

Tyrian Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2000
    5pm Friday, under 5 people in the cinema.

25. ChillCaladbolg

ChillCaladbolg Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2017
    I’ve been once, on Thursday night, and it was completely packed full of very excited people.