main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo How packed was your theatre?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by HaloWithStyle, May 27, 2018.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Second viewing this morning (1045 AM) - 10 of us in the screen. (It was one of the smaller ones as well.)

2. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I saw it opening weekend and there were only about 25-30 people in my theatre!

3. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I saw it opening night and it was about 1/3 filled which tbf is about roughly what the crowd size normally is when I go see a movie on Thursday Night preview. The theater my family and I use is not often crowded for a whole slew of reasons therefore I really did not think anything of the theater only about a 1/3 filled. Heck when my wife and I went to see TFA I think there was a grand total of 12 people in the theater. It wasn't until I saw online that most theaters were empty too.

4. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Monday evening, week 2, 500-seater, 30 in attendance.

5. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Saw it opening night at 10 pm in the suburbs. Estimate about 25% capacity; although there are loads of theaters and showings around here.
    The audience was unusually silent throughout the entire screening. [face_dunno]

I need to see it again soon. I like the movie, but must say it was the most lackluster SW theater experience I've ever had.

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  6. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Ha! Sounds like the perfect way to watch Solo- with a furry co-pilot by your side. B)

RiddleMeThis and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Well again it was a companion animal; so it wasn't just an ordinary pet. If the dog didn't have the special companion animal vest on it, I would've complained.

8. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Saw it three times, including the opening night fan event. All showings had a lot of empty seats.

9. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Saw this for the first and last time last Sunday. No more than 20 people in the cinema.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I went on Wednesday and there was only 3 people including me and a friend.

11. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    Saw it again this afternoon. And it was about 80 percent full

christophero30 likes this.
  12. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Not packed at all, but then again I purposely went on a Wednesday afternoon to avoid the crowds.

And I STILL had a talkative kid in there with me somewhere. [face_bleh]

3sm1r and christophero30 like this.
  13. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    We went the first Friday at 4pm. It was about half full.

14. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    My 2:30 yesterday was full with 10-20% families with kids.

15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I went to see Fallen Kingdom the other day, and during the first five minutes a kid was shining the flashlight on her phone onto the movie screen...

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That's why I went to morning showings. The kids are in school. Of course I got the idiot sitting diagonally behind me who kept checking his phone screen at the first showing I went to. The light was totally distracting.

17. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I went opening night, and it was maybe.... 1/2 full

18. deathfromabove

deathfromabove Jedi Master star 2

Feb 18, 2007
    I went the sunday evening of the weekend came out and it was maybe 1/4 full.

19. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I saw it on Father's Day and it seemed about half-full.

20. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Same here saw it last weekend and half full. There was even an older couple possibly in their 60's watching it.

21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    6:45 PM Sunday Canada Day show for Solo in Hamilton Ontario was surprisingly packed! Every row had multiple people in it. Maybe 2/3rd or more full overall. Over a month out from release. Hell, I think it was better attended than the 3:00 PM show I saw on the Friday it opened!

Maybe just some Star Wars geeks like me saw it was getting bounced on Thursday for Ant-Man and decided to go for a final one before it left the closest theatre.

22. Felicia

Felicia Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    I got to my theater early because I wanted to beat the crowds. However there was not a really large crowd for the showing I went to which was on a Thursday night and that was surprising to me. The previous showings id gone to at the same theater such as Rogue One and TLJ were all crowded on opening night.

23. Iefan

Iefan Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 31, 2013
    I saw it the Thursday before its Friday release (here in the US). The theater wasn't by any means empty, but I was quite surprised that the number seemed to be far fewer than I expected. A shame.

24. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    I've just got back and there were six of us in there. Given the weather and week I was suprised to find that I wasn't the only one.

25. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Ah! I was already wondering when looking at box office mojo, who could have boosted the income by buying 6 tickets today.
    [face_laugh]

Blobofat likes this.