main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit How should darksiders be handled post ST?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by StarWarsFan91, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    No. Quite the opposite. Maul became a Sith Master in his own right. He betrayed his Master and trained an apprentice of his own.

Sidious put quite succinctly when he confronted the two Sith Lords on Mandalore.

"You have become a rival!"

Maul was no longer an apprentice, but a rival Sith Master, having trained an apprentice of his own, officially breaking the Rule of Two in defiance of his master.

But Sidious proceeded to destroy Savage and utterly defeat Maul, in the process casting him out of the Sith Order. After that, Maul doesn't view himself as a Sith anymore. He's a Dark Side Force-wielder acting in opposition to the Sith.

[​IMG]

"The Sith took everything from me. Ripped me from my mother's arms. Murdered my brother. Used me as a weapon and then cast me aside. Abandoned me."

"Formerly Darth. Now just Maul."

Maul hates the Sith and no longer considers himself one.

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    part of me hopes that be begin to call himself Nightbrother Maul

3. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Not sure he can call himself anything now.

[​IMG]

Dawud786 and Kev-Mas_Colcha like this.
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    He has survived worse.

Ender Sai and Jester J Binks like this.
  5. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Maybe, but he's only half the man he was back then.

AusStig, Ender Sai, Dawud786 and 10 others like this.
  6. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I would have like to have seen Obi-Wan throw him on the fire to destroy the body.

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  7. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I hated hated hated bringing Maul back it was a disgrace-an utter sign of the bankruptcy of Lucasfilm.

He should never have been more than a high powered and challenging villain in TPM.

8. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Yes, I wish we'd stuck with Savage Oppress.

9. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I hope you're joking lol

Sent from my Alcatel_4060O using Tapatalk

10. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Not in the slightest. Having Maul's brother as a wild card was an interesting plotline and less ridiculous, IMHO.

As for how I think Darksiders should be handled, I'd like to make it so the galaxy is treating the Force as much-much bigger than it was in the movies. The Jedi and the Sith were the two biggest groups but I'd like to see there be more things like the Knights of Zakuul and Sorcerers of Rand. Basically, lots and lots of tiny cults or maybe even larger ones with their own force traditions and beliefs.

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  11. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I disagree with your sentiments about Oppress (mainly because of how much his introduction butchered the great lore the Nightsisters already had, and how dumb his name was), but I do agree whole heartedly with the rest of your post. There's a whole ton of interesting force using traditions out there that aren't Jedi or Sith and they need a lot of more canon love.

Especially for that mention of the Sorcerers of Rhand, whom I've always found interesting (plus I have a theory that Snoke is Cronal).

Sent from my Alcatel_4060O using Tapatalk

12. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Savage was such an interesting character because of his absurdly strong Force Powers. He was a complete brute but incredibly dangerous due to his sheer power.

I loved him in Clone Wars because he was a very effective villain. When that guy showed up, you knew heads were going to roll. He tanked Knox and Halsey, crushed Adi Gallia and kept up with Darth Sidious himself for a time.

I maintain that Savage Opress was a full Sith Lord. As legitimate as Darths Maul, Tyranus and Vader.

Charlemagne19 likes this.
  13. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Well, he was Darth Maul's apprentice for a short while so yes, he was a Sith.

Albeit, it doesn't seem Darth Maul ever gave him the title of Darth.

Vialco likes this.
  14. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    Since the current canon is expanding the concept of the Force as a religion people worship even if they aren't Force-sensitive like the Jedi and Sith are, what with groups like the Church of the Force being introduced, I would love to see a Dark Side version of that. Perhaps a planet was captured by the Sith many years ago, and its inhabitants became devout followers of the Dark Side of the Force. After the planet falls out of Sith control and into the hands of a new government like say, the New Republic, you could have a terrorist group that fights back against it out of devotion to their religion.
    Couldn't disagree more. Maul never lived up to his potential in the movies (IMO, he should have been the villain of all three prequel films), and bringing him back was a way of fully realizing said potential.

15. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Um why? He was an assassin, an agent of Palpatine to kill people(and probably interrogate and such).

Ackbar's Fishsticks likes this.
  16. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    It might be interesting to find out the Sith had not only infiltrated the Republic, but the Jedi Council itself. Over the 1,000 year/generation rule of the Republic/Jedi, Sith were slowly changing and corrupting the Jedi Code to set it up for its final manipulation in the PT. Disregarding attachment set them up for Sith like thinking that is essential to the Rule of Two. Ignoring slavery is selfish as it puts the long term health of the Jedi and Republic over those that needed their help.

So future movies presenting *darksiders* in this way would be interesting. It would help explain Snoke being hidden within the Rebellion (and later New Republic) as opposed to being in the Empire itself (allowing him to get close to Ben Solo). It would present the darksiders (but not officially Sith) as more than just enforcers that show up to oppose the Republic, Rebellion, New Republic, Resistance with a smile instead of a lightsaber.

Darth Nave likes this.
  17. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007

Not just an assassin or an agent. Maul was a Sith Lord. The Apprentice of the Master. Up until his defeat on Naboo, Maul was intended to be Sidious's right hand. He would be the leader of the Separatist Armies in the Clone Wars and carry the fight to the Jedi. And when the fighting was all finished, Maul would have served Emperor Palpatine as an emissary and executor. Remember that Palpatine was not aware of Anakin Skywalker until after Maul was defeated.

"I was apprenticed to the most powerful being in the Galaxy once. I was destined to become....so much more."

Jedi Princess likes this.
  18. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Honestly, I think Palpatine was disillusioned with Maul by TPM given he had very little leadership ability.

I imagine Dooku would have destroyed Maul by Palpatine's design.

19. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Quite possibly. But perhaps not. We saw in Clone Wars that Maul does have leadership ability. Sidious trained him to be a true Sith Lord with all the power and personality that entails.

We also know that by TPM, Sidious had both Maul and Dooku as servants. That's the only way Sifo-Dyas's death and the clone army's creation work. But whether Sidious would choose the Count over Maul is debatable. Sidious has show a preference for younger apprentices who are in the prime of their lives.

"Soon I will have a new apprentice. One far younger and more powerful!"

Jedi Princess likes this.
  20. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Honestly, I'm inclined to think Maul's fate was sealed as soon as Palpatine met Anakin.

However, Dooku's corruption only began after Qui-Gon's death and was in large part because of such. 10 years is also a long time to start a war which was a long time coming.

Vialco likes this.
  21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    If you go by TCW Season 6 -- Dooku was heavily involved with the assassination of Sifo-Dyas - and this was in the Valorum administration - before Qui Gon's death - since Qui-Gon died right after the time Valorum was deposed via "vote of no-confidence".

Which suggests Dooku was somewhat corrupt even then.

Dawud786, Jedi Princess and Vialco like this.
  22. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Oh yeah, as soon as Senator Palpatine met Anakin Skywalker, he was determined to have the Chosen One as his perfect apprentice.

"We shall watch your career with great interest."

To the Sith, nothing is more appealing than power and Anakin's sheer untapped potential was something that Darth Sidious was enthralled by.

"Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us."

He probably imagined Anakin becoming a god-like being, tapping the Dark Side like no other before him.

23. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    I would imagine if Maul qualifies as a Sith lord still after Naboo, he would be a wannabe Master, not an official one: he never defeated his master, the key to become a master oneself, and was pretty much forgotten by Palpatine (if he wasn´t and Palpatine basically rescued him from Naboo, he would have been loyal still, no doubt).

This is all very interesting, because in his book Plagueis mentions that there are several individuals claiming to be Sith Lords in the role of masters and apprentices, and he proudly reminded himself that he was the true one, with a direct line back all the way to Darth Bane. There is no doubt that the life of a darksider is a harsh, competitive one without much room for second chances...

24. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Palpatine may have viewed Maul as a rival, but never truly as an equal. The instant Maul grew powerful enough to be a potential problem down the line, Sidious slaps him silly, kills his brother and tortures him into submission. By the time he reappears in Rebels he's reduced to scrapping it out with one Jedi, his apprentice and a ship's worth of Rebels - still a dangerous physical threat (as the Inquisitors will would attest) but not a player of the game on the largest scale any more.

The other Dark Side cult that ever had much influence on events (in new canon anyway) were the Dathomiri, and even then they were more or less dealt with by Dooku (the apprentice) and not ever seen as a true threat/problem by Sidious himself.

25. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Mother Talzin was powerful enough to be a threat to Sidious' plans but he dealt with her. Weirdly, I imagine she's probably one of the few beings he'd have any respect for.

AusStig and Vialco like this.