main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT How Star Wars Created Iconic Characters

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by ThinkStory, Feb 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ThinkStory

ThinkStory Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2018
    Screenwriter and huge Star Wars fan here. New to the forums.

A question I kept asking myself recently was WHY we love the characters from Star Wars (specifically the original trilogy). So I put together this video going in depth to the characters. I know it's long, but give it a try and let me know what you think. Feel free to post what you love about the characters too!

2. Frisco

Frisco Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 21, 2019
    The droids look "real," which I think encourages us to want to believe what we're seeing.
    This is especially important as ANH is told though their "eyes," pretty much. Chewie can't
    help but look real, he's all hair. And the bad guy's outfit, voice and heavy breathing are all
    done to perfection. Otherwise, the main characters probably could've been cast differently
    without affecting things all that negatively. What they all benefitted from was their mutual
    chemistry and the fact of George Lucas' direction. More than anything, the tonality of ANH
    is correct and that's all George. But we're lucky that SW was cast as it was, because they're
    all pros!

[​IMG]

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  3. ZodaEX

ZodaEX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 27, 2015

Lol, hair does not making something look real. The blue ape from Transformers Beast Wars looks fake as hell, for example.

4. Frisco

Frisco Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 21, 2019
    Perhaps, but you know what Chewie looks like. He's covered head to foot in mohair and yak ... not polyester!

5. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I would say that the original trilogy handled the character arcs of Luke and Vader the best. Also, Han Solo's arc is good, especially in ANH and TESB. He's pretty much along for the ride in ROTJ. I would also say that Sidious is more subtle in ROTJ than he was in ROTS by a long shot.

Sarge likes this.