main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC How to be a JCCer, the Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    She’s real to me

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    Joystick Chevron and Alpha-Red like this.
  2. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Magic 8 ball says: Things are looking up!

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Okay I finally figured out who bib was. the dude was banned for spam I think. Had something like 70k posts.

I really do have a sad amount of posts don’t I? I think I had something like 50k on my second year or something sad like that. At least I can make fun of it now. Back then I really did care about how many posts I had. Now I feel embarrassed that I ever cared.

Then again I was also the guy who would like his own posts for the first year I was here. So I am all around an embarrassment to myself

4. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Was it ever possible to like your own posts?

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No. I just made a sock for it @Jedi Knight Bane very original I know around 5k of my likes are from that sock. I have thought of unliking all those posts but that would take forever so...

K2771991 likes this.
  6. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    You...liked your own posts with a sock?

K2771991 likes this.
  7. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    People have liked things with other strange objects

K2771991 likes this.
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Now, you've joined the rest of us in the much more sane pursuit of disliking our own posts and everyone else's posts and our entire experience on here.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I was a really really insecure 15 year old. For some reason I thought that would make me feel better.

I would go back and find posts from back then. There was a reason literally nobody liked them. I can barely understand them now

10. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    So this is an existential thread now?

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Group therapy is how to be a JCCer, Arlol.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    This is the second or third time I have brought this up. This is to demonstrate how pathetic I was as a 15 year old.

13. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Ah... just noticed your age.

14. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    You were 15 its OK.

15. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Arlol was a wacky 15 year old, as well.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    It would be ok if you were an insecure 45 year old. All that matters is that you found a place of belonging on here and were able to move past such antics.

TCF-1138 , soitscometothis and harpua like this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh I know. I just play it for a joke now. I’ll probably one day unlike those posts. But today isn’t that day.

Also on the posts. I used to get really really bored in high school. So that’s basically what I did during high school class all the time. Just post here. I wasn’t a very good student. But I got good grades and went to college so that’s a win I think

18. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Somehow I was able to once through some weird board error.

Alpha-Red likes this.
  19. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Was?

But seriously looking back on my past self, the insecurities and self hate can still be there. But I recognize it now and have been able to deal with it all better. I've actually accomplished things now, for once I can be proud of myself. (Just not too much or else I get overconfident and fail on stuff like with something recent. Took eating humble pie past few weeks to overcome it)

20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    He was a fifteen yo male, it’s not that strange he liked himself with a sock. I always went bareback, but I’m old school.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    At least he's open about it. Most 15 year old boys who like their own post with a sock tend to lock the bathroom door.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think we discussed how everyone was either weird or insecure when they were 15 earlier in this thread.

This is why I love the JCC. You could never post that in the film section.

Coruscant and Diggy like this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    DP dammit

24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Why? Is discussion of sperm cancel culture not allowed?

Edit: let me put my post in the right place. So I don’t seem like a weirdo.

25. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    Firstly, thank you very much for directing me here.

Secondly, I've scanned through the first ten pages and all it is people reminiscing. Can you link me to the specific part of this thread where it's laid out how the subforum operates, becuase best I can get is this comment from...

...in which case am I to assume that the gist is basically "this subform is a toxic pit filled with mean-spirited bullies who hate outsiders and consider themselves super special" - like, if that's the case all I wanted to do was observe American politics, I did'nt want to get in a row with the Heathers of the TF.net.

Also, you guys keep repeating "read the room" but nobody described how to do that; you know where on the internet, right; it's like, super easy to misunderstand people online. I can't "read the room" when the room does'nt actually exist and is just people taking on what's literally the most prone-to-misunderstandings form of communcation known to man.

1) I did that.
    2) I never did that. I jumped right into the TROS thread:)
    3) I did that.
    4) I got banned once on april fools as a joke. Does that count?
    5) I'm *never* doing that. I don't want the power and they'll never trust me with it[face_batting]
    6) I did'nt even know they were things. I was just looking for a threat to talk about politics becuase I thought it would be a nice change and I though the current situation was ripe for interesting conversations.
    7) I read the terms of service when I registred on the forum...like, is that not normal? Lol.
    8) I don't even know what that is (a coms thread, not a flash mob).
    9) I'm never going to do that.
    10) I'm doing that.

I guess I'm not ready to "be a JCCer" (whatever the heck that means).

Like come on, guys, I just wanted to talk about whats going on in the US politically. Why the heck is the subform apparently some sort of super-special club with an apparently aggressive and combative demenor and a hatred of outsiders. Why do the mods stand for that, their usually so dilligent, is it like...a social experiment, or something?

Okay, then explain it. Nobody's told me crap, they've just said what amounts to "we do things different around here. Shut up and read the room, noob" without actually really sitting down an explaining (outside of Jedi Knight Fett) how exactly that is.

What are the particularities of the senate tag and the JCC, as opposed to the rest of the forum, and why is it given/allowed special treatment/a different social air?

Including themselves...:p[face_sick]

Oh, you...

200 GiGaToN LIght TuRBOlazErs!!!!!

Lol "saxonites", what is this, spacebattles?

and

I wonder.

Hey @K2771991

OMG it worked...I can have conversations with myself now! That's amazing!