main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC How to be a JCCer, the Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Feb 15, 2021.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Please answer the questionnaire.

harpua and mnjedi like this.
  2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I remember Kevin like he was here yesterday; 14, 6’4” of gangle, eyes so blue they could pierce any heart, and they did mine.hobby? Taxidermy. Other ? What he did the the taxidermied.

poor yorick and harpua like this.
  3. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Disappearing words again?

4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
  5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Fat fingered typo and auto correct.

You’re so cruel ;(

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    harpua and KnightWriter like this.
  6. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    what if this is the real juli

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  7. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
  8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    No, the real Juli has shorter hair and bigger ****.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2021
    Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  9. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    No, he said he had small ****.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2021
  10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Did you not see that rack?

11. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    He claimed to be a 95 lb Asian chick with minimal chesticles. I promise you.

12. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    This is like mythical creatures on an array of sewing equipment arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

13. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I'm thinking that it was after you agreed to be a mod that they told you you had to read all the posts.

14. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    How many Tinas could dance on one of Juli's breasts?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  15. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    Gina Carano had it coming.

Sometimes you worry me...:p

Also I didn't even know introductory threads were a thing. When I joined this forum I just hopped right into the ongoing TROS thread, best I can remember. Maybe that's part of the problem - people are well used to me over in the other side, but when I posted in this area I just took it for granted that it would be the same people and the same culture and that nobody would need to learn about me.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    EHT and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  16. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Twazzo was Point Given? That's a disappointing revelation.

17. Socky-the-Sock

Socky-the-Sock Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 11, 2001
    Remember 9/11?

I didn't have a lot of access to information that day, so it was getting home, logging on and reading the thread here where the confusion, fear, pain and terror of the day actually hit me.

18. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    Gesh, yeah.

I wasn't here, obviously. But I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when the news hit, even though it was twenty years ago and I was only ten. The memory is very vivid; I can still remember seeing the second tower coming down on TV, it was pretty shock and confusing time, and I remember a lot of people - even the younger ones like me and the other kids at school - thinking it was the beginning of something bigger (which, to be fair, it sorta was)

19. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
  20. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    "Sorta" in the sense that it was the start of what led to the War on Terror and the "Islamist Scare," but not first wave of a larger-scale attack a la Pearl Harbor like a lot of people at the time were afraid that it might be. Ideally in hindsight it problobly would have been better to write "which it was, just not in the way we had thought" as "sorta" os definatly an underselling of subsequent events.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    Alpha-Red likes this.
  21. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Yes, thank you for that. You are now, and forevermore, canceled.

22. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    This is the best two post combo in the history of the JCC.

But, yeah, I remember the 9/11 thread. farraday like unironically dropped the f-bomb in the thread when the second plane hit. This was before the auto-censor. He didn't get banned though, based on the, um, you know, extenuating circumstances.

23. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    Heck, I'm pretty sure some of our teachers dropped the f-bomb at that point, and I know some of us little kids swore (I definitely remember that I myself said "s ** t."). It was very much a moment that, even though we didn't really understand what was going on, we understood the gravity and that it was something big.

#cancelRogue1-and-a-half!:p

24. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    What happened to farrie though?

25. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    This means I get to be a millionaire and not have to work ever again, right? I'm in.

You know, I don't remember whatever happened to farraday. I got to know him mostly in EU Community back when that thing first opened and it was hopping. He started EUCNN which inspired my JCCNN threads years later and I always included farraday as a character in those threads, just because he was the one who kind of came up with the whole idea. But I don't really remember him leaving. He was probably in Mod Squad during your time, wasn't he?

I think I've only had two socks ever, both game related, and farraday gave me the name for one of them when we were arguing about something and he said something along the lines of "When I get done with you, they're gonna have to upgrade to Rogue2.0." So I registered Rogue2Point0 immediately. I used it when I was game banned from playing Mafia back in the day. No idea what the password is and that e-mail account doesn't exist anymore, so it's lost forever, I guess. Don't even ask me about Small_Cloaked_Figure. I think I literally made one post in an RPG thread with that one.

EDIT: And, apparently, this one. I had no memory of this thread. But the shade is brutal.

K2771991 likes this.