main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC How to be a JCCer, the Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I was a baby during 9/11 so no I can’t say I do. But it is crazy to me that we are approaching the 20th anniversary

2. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I was in middle school.

.... no, wait, that was the shuttle explosion. I was working in a physics lab when 9/11 happened.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  3. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I was 27, living in Boulder, CO.

4. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    have you seen Titanic

5. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    have you seen the Star Wars

i have. in a Movie Theater. When it was just called "Star Wars".

HOLY **** I'M OLD

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes

7. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    Just know that you will never experience anything like that theatrical release in your life

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Theaters are dead. So I don’t think we’ll be experiencing anything theatrical anytime soon

9. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    It’s ok. Everything is slowly rotting away.

K2771991 likes this.
  10. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    I was 20. One of the players at my RPG table at the time called me to tell me "turn on your TV, you're going to love what's happening". Just in time to watch a plane crash into the second tower "live". More than enough in time to watch both towers fall as it happened.

I see your Titanic theatrical experience and raise you Schindler's List.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What did you friend think you would love to see? 9/11?

12. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    The theatrical releases of Aliens and Saving Private Ryan were also noteworthy IMHO.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  13. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    You're a disappointing revelation.

14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  15. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Yes.

16. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Wait but "Rogue-one-and-a-half" already existed as a concept before the movie came out?

I thought the name was invented in 2016 :eek:

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL same.

I was in ninth grade when the Challenger explosion happened, and 9/11 was just before my 30th birthday. I had just moved to Charlotte.

K2771991 and blackmyron like this.
  18. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Every generation had its own shuttle disaster. Or at least, every generation that mattered.

19. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    You think that's bad; on the flip side I'm young enough to have had a older middle school teacher who worked with and personally knew Krista McCalluf at Concord High when he was a young man.

Rogue One and Half is the sidequel tie-in to Rogue One, it's about Chirrut walking around Jedda City preaching about the Force and asking people about their jewelry while Baze is really, real board. It was a direct release with low production values and Chirrut recasted with Randall Park - suffice to say, it didn't do so good, so I'm surprised you haven't heard about it.

Still it wasn't as bad as Lando the Magnificent, the spinoff prequel to Solo where Lando performs cheap magic tricks to con the people of Coruscant and gets roped into rescuing the emperor when he's apparently kidnapped by Mother Talzin.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  20. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I've been Rogue1-and-a-half for over twenty years now. Never did a name change. It's a reference to one of the X-Wing books. I forget which one. One of the Wraith Squadron ones, I'm pretty sure. It's established that the worst pilot in a squadron gets assigned number two so that they'll have the leader and thus most experienced pilot as their wingman. I figure I'd be even worse than the number two guy so I'd get the 1-and-a-half callsign in any squadron I was in.

Sarge, Juliet316 , K2771991 and 8 others like this.
  21. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I thought it was a reference to the ongoing gag in the boom series about the fake Ewok pilot.

22. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    This is the revelation of the week, easily.

BookExogorth and SuperWatto like this.
  23. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I always thought it was a reference to the minimum number of pages you need to write for your movie reviews.

24. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    "His name is Kettch, and he's an Ewok."
    "No."
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

blackmyron likes this.
  25. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    This has been a fun read (with the exception of the numbers username with the Aphra icon, who posted so far the opposite of how Aphra would post... lol). Anyway, only skimmed it overall but picked up quite a few things.

Lots of names were mentioned I hadn't thought about in 15 years or more. Some I'm glad to remember. Some I wish I could still forget.

I found out about someone being a creeper from another thread earlier. When I first joined I was 13 and stupid and didn't get along with a lot of people but I turned it around and got along with almost everyone or at least mutually ignored each other otherwise. Yet I distinctly remember never liking him. Makes me feel justified now. Sucks that it happened to the victims.

I thought the ASG thing came out earlier than it did. Or maybe we just suspected something was amiss but it was never proven until later? Because I was probably disappeared by the time the truth was verified. Or maybe I just happened to be lurking at the right time to see it somewhere down the line or someone told me about it or something. idk.

Mod Squad updates. When I was a regular user I remember waiting in anticipation for a recap of the weekly drama. Then for a while if you knew who to talk to on AIM, or for a while a separate website, you could get "leaked mod squad forum threads" that were html file saves. Then I became a mod and realized it was actually quite boring. Even for a 16 year old who just wanted to constantly make thread indexes and otherwise try too hard to be liked.

Anyone remember InvisionFree boards? There was an offshoot board for like every little group when WiseGate was going on and no one was sure what was going to happen. I probably made some for something or other. Can't remember. They all disappeared pretty quick when the "Free" part of InvisionFree was no longer free.

Someone mentioned the old Advisory Council. I remember it existed, but nothing more about it. Don't think it lasted very long.

Once upon a time we had to put WTH or WT* because the letter F was banned.

Also banned was "slash fanfic." That seemed like a debate that would never end. Seems silly now that almost every new-canon book has a character that would fall into that category.

Sometimes when I drive by an Arbys I still think of the phrase "I found a pubic hair in my Arby's curly fries"