main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How to Control Your LineUp Activity

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Activities' started by Swampsurfer, Apr 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Hi all,

I am Swampsurfer of FanForce Acadiana (based out of Lafayette, LA).

I was wondering what the different groups are doing to organize their camp-out to get good seats lineup activities.

For instance, we intend to establish a designated area for camping out. At this site we would like to have an ongoing LAN party for computer gamers. Possibly costume competitions, trivia games, and the like. However, our delima is how do we control who gets in line first, and how do we keep folks who are not participating in our camp out from getting in line at the theatre entrance and securing a better spot than those who are camping out in the designated area?

PLEASE respond if you have any ideas that may help us organize a successful event.

2. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Mai la force soit avec vous!

Just bumpin' for a response is all.

3. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Well my advice is to work with the theatre manager on this. If you don't you will definitely get left in the cold.

Some of my friends camped out for Ep I several days in advance. But on the day preceding the Midnight showing a line starting forming in the front of the theatre. Little did those fans know that the "real" line was out back. Because they had the permission of the theatre they were given an extension cord so they could watch movies and such. AND they were let into the theatre a full 30 mins before everyone else so that they could get good seats and have time to hit the concession stand.

I am currently working with a theatre where I live and I was surprised just how helpful he has been. He has even contacted his corporate office to try to give us a little something extra that only they can approove!

Again, just talk to the manager. More than likely they will work with you. If they don't, consider going someplace else. That's what I did. The first place I spoke to gave me the brush off. For that reason they have just lost a full theatre's worth of revenue (not that I think they will have problems filling our place mind you). The worst that can happend is they will tell you no. And honestly any decent chain or idependent venue should be willing to work with you provided you give them plenty of notice.

Hope this helps!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.