main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How to inspire yourself using Star Wars characters

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by cratylus, Feb 15, 2020.

1. cratylus

cratylus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    If you hate doing chores for your family, consider that you are just like Luke Skywalker.

Are you in an unspeakable mountain of debt? Consider that you are kind of like Han Solo.

Are you sure the government is run by terrible awful people? You're like Leia?

Do you feel like nobody loves you? Then you're like Rey.

Is the world totally crazy and you're desperate to escape? You're like Finn.

Overweight? Well you are kind of like Snap Wexley. Or Porkins. Come to think of it, this might not be the most inspiring thing after all, because the fatter you are the more likely you are to get killed. Jabba the Hutt being an extreme case that proves the trend. Or at least lose your beloved man-eating pet rancor. Hmm.

This is meant to be funny, but some of these might work. Anyone have similar "inspirational" thoughts?

2. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    I rolled a satsuma across the dinner table for my wife to eat for afters last night. I am Anakin.

3. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    If short like me you are, get to be like Yoda, you do. Inspiration enough to do anything that should be. :yoda:

4. cratylus

May 9, 2001
    When you get old you can think "I am like Obi-Wan Kenobi."

5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I want to conquer the galaxy and blow up planets if they refuse to join me. Guess I'm Palpatine.

cratylus likes this.
  6. cratylus

May 9, 2001
    That's not how you are supposed to.... wait a minute... actually yes.

Yes, you are doing it right.

7. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    When you're not sure if you can do something: "Do or do not, there is no try." Or, "A powerful ally the Force is."

When somebody thinks your plan is nuts even though you're pretty sure it will work: "I find your lack of faith disturbing."

When somebody wants to tell you all about the insurmountable odds against your plan working and you DGAF: "Never tell me the odds."

devilinthedetails likes this.
  8. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    When you thought your students' performance should be like Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi's in the first part of TPM—some parts to improve here and there, but overall solid—and instead it ends up being like Padawan Anakin Skywalker's in his first scene in AotC—meeting disaster: they'll have things mastered in three years' time. Just look at the beginning of RotS. And that's enough videos for the day. Off to bed with you. O:)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020