main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How to make footprints and track on sand?

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by PalpatineSpecter, Oct 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PalpatineSpecter

PalpatineSpecter Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 22, 2004
    How to make footprints and track on sand?

2. takhs77

takhs77 Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2006
    Dont you think we need some more info here ?? like what program ur using... a screenshot maybe... or something... :confused:

3. -OC-

-OC- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    -Find a beach or a desert.
    -take your shoes off
    -start walking
    -when you're borred you can stop walking and turn around. TADA!

Same thing for track but instead of walking, use a car, a quad or something with wheels. You don't have to take your shoes off this time. You can actualy keep your shoes on when you walk too, but you'll get some sand inside.

you're welcome

That was Dr. Jones' first turorial

4. PalpatineSpecter

Dec 22, 2004
    Listen! This forum is for serious 3D computer graphics discussion. If you want to spam go elsewhere.

5. Wiz

Wiz Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 29, 2005
    LOL... OC, class...

;)

Ok, had a quick look around and found a thread on CGTALK that might be of help, although its Maya based, so as you didnt state what software etc. you are using this may or may not be off use.

Walk in the sand and look back lmao...

Wiz.

6. mishra

mishra Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2004
    Update: walking backwards enables you to make prints and track at the same time!

7. Wiz

Jul 29, 2005
    I did actually post a link with that, for some reason it didnt go...

Try again...

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=25533&highlight=tire+tracks

8. dvdcdr

dvdcdr Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2006
    3 ideas.

1) dynamics/simulations depends on how advanced ur cg software is
    2) photoshop-framebyframe, yuck
    3) just go outside on a beach and walk, paint your shoes green, put your cg guy in later. (im assumming you want digital characters/elements in this)

9. -OC-

Sep 23, 2004
    Yeah it used to be a serious place, but since people don't even take time to ask for help decently and just throw "hey, how I do that", when it's not "hey someone do that for me", I'm not really willing to help. Seriously, you just copy/pasted your title into your message's body. If you can't even spend two minutes to explain what you need, why would I waste ten to explain how to do your thing. I'd rather spend 5 to make fun of you, like I did.

10. PalpatineSpecter

Dec 22, 2004
    So right now I spent 4 and you spent 17 right?

11. -OC-

Sep 23, 2004
    Yup, and you're the one calling me a spammer? :p

12. Wiz

Jul 29, 2005
    Okay are you going to give us more information on your request???

For some reason I am dying to know now... I just got to know...

I have invested time and effort into this thread, lost sleep, not been able to eat, my girlfriend has dis-owned, the dog won't even come to me anymore, and don't get me started on the cat...

Is there more to "How to make footprints and track on sand?"

Yours sincerely,

Wiz.

13. Cryptite_

Cryptite_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2004
    Now posting in a legendary thread.

14. Kchr1ss

Kchr1ss Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 24, 2005
    something made we want to post here too XD while 3ds max is rendering a cliff, a layer im gonna use in a composition waiting in AE.

I found there was a exact tutorial in alan mckays advanced visual effects dvd tutorial. its done in 3ds max and using particles.

I havent watched it entirely, just a little. He makes a object leave behind particles(cubes) which deform the plane it walks on, leaving foot prints.

Another way you could do is use realflow. and import the animated foot and tweak the settings of the realflow particles to move like sand.

Either way you have to know particles kinda well enough.

15. Darksteps

Darksteps Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2001
    it's been a long ass time since I posted here, so I'll ask this as sucintcly as possible...

IF you ARE using 3D STUDIO MAX, go over to maxplugins.de and look for a plugin called Mesh Discplacement... what this does is, you take a mesh obejct say a foot or a tire and it will displace a shape relative to that mesh into another mesh, say sand or snow(whatever you make)...

if you're not using MAX, which is what people have been asking since you posted, then there's little I can do...

Darksteps...

16. -OC-

Sep 23, 2004
    if you're not using Max... buy Maya. It's cheaper, and maybe it comes with a manual: I received my copy of max 9 yesterday and it came with no manual! I thought it was missing but from what I could read on cgtalk, it's missing for everyone so far. Not that I really need it, but that's a shame when you know how much it costs! You cannot even tell "RTFM" anymore :(

Sorry for the off-topic thing, but it looks like the guy who asked the question doesn't even care about getting an answer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.