main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion how to start off my career?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Kade Skirata, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    I have that problem with depression myself when it comes to writing. But I usually find that I have to start writing after long stretches of not writing because certain ideas/characters just won't shut up. It's an invented purpose for my existence based upon the intrusions of fictional beings who probably exist in some parallel universe and decided to peek into this one and ramble on about themselves into my head (that makes no sense obviously). :p

2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    No, it makes perfect sense to me - My characters are as 'alive' as any flesh and blood living creature in some other plane of being, I'm sure. I know enough about them to fill several novel length books, though the only things that come 'through' are the more interesting stories (well, interesting to me, anyway!)

I remember one 'award thread' a long time ago, where my little OC 'broke through' and 'talked' to her fellow nominees, and was especially interested in the 'Other Lukes' that weren't her 'pay pa' (Father) - a very surreal experience! :p

BTW - I heard this a long time ago, and it really can give you the willies if you think about it too much - You know when you walk into a room, and suddenly forget why you came in there? That's just your SIMS player hitting the reset button... :eek:

3. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    Good luck.

4. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Depression can put a damper on one's creativity. And writer's blocks. When those crop up, write something else. Anything else. Just don't stop writing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.