main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How Will Ep. IX Begin?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by The Regular Mustache, Aug 20, 2018.

1. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Or it's Kylo's fever dream.
    Pan down from the crawl to a vast archaic fleet, manned by people in quite medieval armor that turns out to be an ancient Sith Armada, out to conquer the Galaxy.

And then he wakes up, and we all think "Bugger. That's not this movie."

2. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Interesting question.

Back in 2005, before Mike Klimo, a member here compared the openings and endings of the 6 Saga films. One film in the PT would rhyme with a film in the OT in one way, but not both, and the connections were completely exhausted—12 rhymes.

I wonder if the Story Group has influenced JJ and RJ to maintain this rhyming.

Interestingly TFA’s working title Shadow of the Empire broke with GL’s rhyming the first letter of the title of each SW film. But TFA maintained the rhyme. TLJ broke it.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  3. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Even the title subverted expectations

4. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    My only real complaint with the movie. But even before Klimo I love Lucas’s musical-like motifs, poetic rhyming. Only one aspect of his genius.

5. Giando74

Giando74 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 24, 2014
    I'd love to see a pan down from the outer space to a planet... he ruins of Coruscant. A steady shot of an empty space, the square in front of the Jedi Temple...
    At least 20 seconds of silence with subtle music and a super-slow zoom in.
    And then Luke Skywalker appearing in all his glory, alive, in the same position he disappeared at the end of TLJ (robotic arm included, of course!).
    He opens his eyes, stands up with grace and walks toward the Temple.

This could restore my interest in the story and partly correct the abomination :p

6. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    Bad Robot?

Gai' Phó likes this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I see it starting in an ESB-Hoth sort of way, with Poe, Finn and Chewie leading a Resistance cell on the grassland planet.

8. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    Running through the fields. Back and forth and stopping now and again to stare at the camera. With Finn and Poe and BB-8 chasing after it, firing blasters.

9. lookameatbag

lookameatbag Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2014
    Poe cracks a yo-mama joke in front of Hux, oh wait.

10. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Are you tooling with us?

lookameatbag likes this.
  11. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    oops wrong thread...

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  12. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Episode 9 should open with the Star Wars equivalent to the scene from Saving Private Ryan where they storm Omaha beach.

Gai' Phó likes this.
  13. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Makes me think, why didn't they just make the old ally in TFA Wedge? No one would have cared if it was recast (its 30 years later and they could've found a good actor who resembles Lawson enough). Would've tied in nicely with Skywalker and made a lot more sense instantly why he had a map to Luke/Jedi Temple, how he knew Leia and how Kylo would have recognized him, etc....

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  14. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Because there are way more Lando fans than Wedge fans and Lando has much bigger role in the OT than Wedge and I'm betting the average general audience member remembers Lando more than Wedge. Heck even I can't remember what Wedge looks like or what role he played in the OT.

15. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    Wait, Lando was in TFA??? I'm confused. I'm talking about the Lor San Tekka character being Wedge instead.

16. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Ah my bad.

Rodie likes this.
  17. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    Wedge?

He's the one that was with Luke in the trench run in ANH but couldn't do anything else back there....

He's the one that takes one of the AT-ATs in the battle of Hoth AND doesn't get shot down. Not even Luke managed this!

He's the one that made the run inside the DS2 superstructure and destroyed the DS2 after Lando takes down the other target (can't recall what it was called)

I know Lando plays a larger role in the story but Wedge is also quite important. So much that he's in the final shot also and with the VIPs in the celebration in Endor.

Anyway's I think that it's ok not to have Wedge as for casual viewers they won't recall him. But he has a much larger role than Admiral Ackbar. Just not as many memes

18. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    This whole Lor San Tekka idea is something I hoped to learn more about as well-I was hoping the "old ally" would've been either someone we were familiar with, or we would've learned more about this supposed ally. This was one of the threads I found more confusing once TLJ decided not to elaborate on it. Who was Lor San Tekka in relation to Luke and Leia, and most of all-why on EARTH did he have that last piece of the map? How did he get it?! There's just SO much there that IMO would be really interesting to learn-but alas, just like Snoke, we're just supposed to forget all about that....

I REALLY hope this is something that is touched on in Episode IX. Wouldn't take much-one simple sentence of dialogue could answer all that in "one swift stroke!"

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  19. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Lol, they have absolutely NO overall story to this trilogy or what happened between 6 and 7. They introduce all these new characters and ideas with no overall story to fill in the gaps. They will just write comics and books among other things to fill in the blanks (if we are even that lucky). They are probably doing it on purpose so people will buy crap that explains what we wanted to learn about in the movies. Disney does not care about making good movies, just making alot of money. Lor San Tekka? Nobody in the Star Wars story groups even knows who he really is. Snoke? Serkis said he knew, but how much? Some guy that makes a comic will probably make 99% of his story up. He has a few key points given about him, that's it. Why did Ben fall to the Darkside( details on what Snoke held over him) were probably just recently written by JJ, but only if it's in the movie. If not, some author will come up with that also.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  20. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    *Furiously begins making Wedge memes*

21. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Unfortunately Wedge got infected with the dangerous D'Qar flu and morphed into a potato.
    As he is not able to fly any more he is now appearing in fast food restaurant commercials on Corellia State TV.
    He names himself now Potato-Wedge
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    11-4D and GregMcP like this.
  22. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    That's alot of work for an awful, awful joke.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  23. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Potato Wedge.

[​IMG]

24. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I'm picturing some sort of heist/action sequence involving Lando. The Rebels might be in need of resources that just so happen to be his and attempt to steal them... or maybe the resources belong to someone else and Lando is also after them?

Just brainstorming :)

25. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I kind of like that first idea-that the Rebels would unknowingly steal from his supply of...something. It could then play out that Lando finds out just WHO it is stealing from him, and then his demeanor changes and he's like..."I would've just given it to you if you asked..."

Lulu Mars likes this.