main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How will Episode IX end?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Wildcatbarry, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    And he could team up with the son of Ice Cream maker man to rid the galaxy of evil with cleanliness and cool treats.

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Iris out.

godisawesome likes this.
  3. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Copyright notice.

JediMasterSven and Bor Mullet like this.
  4. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    WRITTEN AND DIRECTED BY
    J.J. Abrams​

5. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    With Kylo and Rey stuck in a Chinese finger trap.

JediMasterSven and dlbates like this.
  6. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    The leader of the Vong standing on his command deck. "The time has come admiral, exit hyperspace".

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  7. JediMasterSven

JediMasterSven Jedi Master star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    I'm torn between one of two options:

Option 1 :a dissolve to a digitally de-aged George Lucas and Steven Spielberg in Hawaii
    George" So, Steven, that's the full story of Star Wars."
    Steven" You know ...I think you have something here. "
    George: "So, what are you planning on doing next?"
    Steven: "Well, I've always wanted to a James Bond picture."
    George: I got something better than Bond.

Or...

Or it ends with the Joker, voiced by Mark Hamill, waking up in Arkham Asylum alongside Harley Quinn and he tells her about this strange dream he had.

8. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    I would love to see an Anthology Trilogy associating the Vong.

9. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
  10. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I'd prefer if this was the beginning of Ep. IX. The whole movie lasts five minutes including the credits. :p

11. ObidioJuan

Nov 1, 2002
    The first act is either going to make or break this movie. The ending is hard to predict. It all depends on how serious they are on doing Episodes X-XII. If they really want to do another trilogy then it can even end in a cliffhanger or in a massive twist.

E.G. Rey goes to confront Kylo in SKB 3.0 and then just as she's about to reach him... Phasma shows up and kills Rey. The resistance is decimated and Kylo becomes a full DARK LORD. Then the last shot is broom kid or similar talking to a familiar ghost figure (ie. Luke instructing him to seek Ezra or Ashoka or some temple or something).
    It could also end in the middle of something. Like TFA did.

If there are giving up on another trilogy then:
    - It could have an epilogue. Like Harry Potter.
    - It could end in a celebration of sorts
    - The "good" guys will win and the bad guys will loose

But what will be key, IMHO is the first act. How they set up the situation from just the MF and a dozen people against the might of all the FO and all the systems that are now under their control. At the end of TLJ the situation is super lopsided. Just one ancient ship against everyone in the GFFA. Sorry even Han won't take those odds.

Voltron64 likes this.
  12. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Probably very similar to this ending........

Voltron64 likes this.
  13. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Group photos with everybody smiling to the camera. THE END.

Voltron64 likes this.
  14. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Presumably with something big getting blown up, either another space station, a bunch of FO ships, a base on a planet or moon or some combo of all the aforementioned.

11-4D and dlbates like this.
  15. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    Along with Rey kneeling next to a dying Ben Solo or vise versa

16. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Unless a fatally wounded Ben who has come back to the light pilots the Millennium Falcon into the FO base/ship and appears to die.

17. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Cue Benioff & Weiss!

On a more serious note, I had always hoped that we'd see a skip forward in time, perhaps decades even. Then we swipe to R2 and 3PO on whatever Jedi temple exists at that point, as they are finishing the last words of this story that they've been telling-basically the whole Skywalker saga-to an audience of young padawans. Then they are interrupted by something as R2 and 3PO watch the padawans leave, and they walk out onto some balcony or other. Then 3PO says something sentimental to R2, putting his hand on him as R2 bleeps in acknowledgement. Iris out.

I feel like I might have posted something like that already in the past.....? [face_thinking] Oh well. It's worth repeating I guess...

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  18. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Since they have been insisting IX closes the Skywalker Saga, and LFL has been teasing a potential new thread in the shape of a FS alien race from the UR, I think the next set of movies is clearly not going to be X-XII, but something else with the ST cast, except for the Skywalkers.

19. ObidioJuan

Nov 1, 2002
    Does that mean then that Kylo and Leia will die in the next one?

20. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    Probably, maybe Leia kamikazesa ship into Kylo or something.

21. Psych_Jedi

Psych_Jedi Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    This reminds me of what I used to do with my Star Wars action figures when I was young. I apparently liked the school plays we did, particularly the use of risers for us to all stand on. I would, in a way, set up my action figures as if they were on risers--picture three or four curved rows with maybe 10 in a row (I have a picture of this somewhere). Of course I didn't have mini-risers, so I ordered them by height. :D

Perhaps IX will end with C3PO sitting down, taking a deep breath and saying, "You know, R2...it's been a wild ride.".

Lulu Mars likes this.
  22. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Ghost Force Luke looking at everyone and then fading away

23. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    The Knights of Ren showing up in the last minute of the movie and being all, "Alright we're finally here! Let's do this! Wait! What? It's over? Really? We missed everything? What the hell man?" Cut to credits.

dlbates likes this.
  24. KSennia

KSennia Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    It will end with a Reylo wedding, after Ben and Rey successfully destroy the First Order. In the beginning of the film, General Hugs and co will set a trap for Kylo and try and kill him. He escapes, barely with his life, and goes off to sulk alone on some barren planet. Rey finds him there and asks for his help in destroying the First Order. Kylo agrees and whilst working together the flame of romance is rekindled. Kylo sacrifices himself to save Rey, but then she uses the force to heal him. And then they get married and have twins and restart the Jedi Academy together. Broom boy is their first student.

25. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Maybe some blue text to mirror the "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away" that goes at the beginning.

Like...After the last scene. Fade to bright blue text on a black background. "...And they lived happily ever after for the dark times were over" Something like that. Then credits.

Voltron64 likes this.