main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How will The Resistance fill out its ranks now that it is so depleted?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Leoluca Randisi, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Do you guys think Shows Like,
    [​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]
    do you guys think they are setting up characters from the shows that could join the Resistance in Episode 9 even if just as Easter eggs that only Fanboys that watch the shows would notice kind of like the name drop of Hera Syndulla in Rogue One? I suppose characters in the Canon books In the Disney era can be grouped in here too may be characters from the books can be in Episode 9 as well?

whostheBossk and IlhamKamaruddin like this.
  2. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I think they will keep them separate as for the most part the animated shows & movies have been kept separate ever since the Clone Wars show started in 2008 so basically all the new characters introduced in the animated show never made it to the big screen apart fro the name drop of Syndulla & the cameo from Chopper that you couldn't even see with the naked eye.........

3. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I mean your probably right but my main question who makes up the Resistance Army that is so depleted at the end of TLJ? May be Mandalorians from New Mandalore, Maybe Mon Calamari People I mean these are just guesses I don't know? Or at the start of the movie may be the Army is at full size and Strength we are led to believe may be a bunch of people just joined the cause like how the Rebels tons of people joined the rebels to fight the Evil Empire? What about Hux I can see him defecting I don't think he is quite happy with Kylo…

whostheBossk likes this.
  4. Kole

Kole Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2016
    Given that TLJ makes a point of showing that word of the battle of crait and subsequent survival of the resistance has spread far and wide, I’m guessing that forces from several formerly republic planets coalesce and refill the resistance ranks several times over. As far as characters from the shows, I probably wouldn’t bank on it, though given Saw Guererra there is some precedent.

5. RiddleMeThis

RiddleMeThis Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2017
    Rogue New Republic supporters, and maybe a lot of stormtroopers will defect.

Leoluca Randisi and Django Fett like this.
  6. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Rise of the Resistance has already given us a clue that they manage to gather a fleet together.

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  7. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Well, TLJ already stated that they still had allies out there, and you can always bet on people joining the fight, especially when you consider how recent all the events where. This was a quick strike by the First Order that had the entire galaxy reeling. At that point there were plenty of people out there who would be willing to fight, you just need a way to rally them.

I don't think that they will use anyone from the animated shows for that. At least not in any noticeable fashion. A name-drop like in Rogue One sounds more likely to me, if they would bother at all.

8. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    This is all speculation on my part but...

There is an unconfirmed rumour that between VIII and IX the Resistance has sent pairs of Resistance fighters to lots of areas of the galaxy, to recruit those sympathetic to the Republic and resistance cause. And the so far unanswered call to allies in VIII seems to indicate they are out there.

Secondly, the speculation of a stormtrooper rebellion. This would make sense dramatically and narratively, and bolster the Resitance's chances.

Thirdly, there is the possibility of some kind of amalgamation of the Republic and First Order at the climax. This is just a theory on my part, but it could be at the height of the conflict something happens regarding balance that involves more than just one side wiping the other out. The First Order would have to change a lot in this scenario however.

9. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    This is where nostalgia comes into play. I'm sure JJ will bring in several worlds from all over the galaxy that we've all come to love in the saga: Naboo, Tatooine, Bespin, Coruscant...and bring them all in to show that the entire galaxy is on board to defeat the FO.

Oh that and, as others said, Finn recruiting stormtroopers who feel the way he felt.

10. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Broom boy is totally getting a cameo.

Luke02 and Leoluca Randisi like this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Broom boy is gonna sweep the First Order right outta the galaxy.

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    No. Even better. JJ will have Greg Grunberg come rocketing back in his X-Wing at the critical moment, shouting "Sorry I'm late guys!!!" over comms and turning the tide.

13. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Perhaps they go into the Midiclorian Realm to recruit former Jedi and that's how Luke comes back and they can get Han and Obi-Wan, Anakin, Yoda and the rest is history.

They can call it Episode IX: End Zone

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Broom Boy is Raddus in disguise.

Leoluca Randisi and Bor Mullet like this.
  15. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Task rabbit.

16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Broom Boy Raddus: “Get me a broom. I have an idea.”

17. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Broom Boy will turn up in the middle of the battle and challenge Kylo, they'll face off and shadow box without actually touching blades. Broom Boy suddenly extinguishes his blade and stands there, infuriated, Kylo charges and tries to cut Broom Boy in two. Kylo's blade passes clean through Broom Boy but it makes no difference.

"See you around old man"

Broom Boy disappears as we cut to the stables on Canto Bight, Broom Boy is hovering above a fathier with his friends watching around him. Suddenly Broom Boy collapses and dies, fading from reality and becoming one with the Force.

Another stable boy "gee that was a dumb trick", back on the battlefield, with nobody to stop him Kylo destroys what remains of the Resistance...

18. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    All kidding aside I really liked the broom boy scene it was a different way to end a star wars movie without a Hero shot to end the film it had a magical feel as did the scenes with Rose and Finn on Cantobight had a very PT Feel!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  19. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Going back to the original post, an intriguing possibility for a potential ally or even one of the fallen students massacred by Kylo.
    [​IMG]

20. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I'd much rather they draw from CW or Rebels when it comes to characters, not Lego or Resistance, neither of which are frankly at all appealing to me. Bringing back Ezra and Ahsoka for example would help tie everything together - adding Kaz to the cast would just result in buffoonery.

21. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Well I kind of meant Rebels and Clone Wars as well don't know why I didn't mention those shows, my bad.

22. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    [​IMG] Might I suggest the Rubbermaid Commercial 9B14GRACT Medium Floor Sweeper? It's a Hammerhead broom...........

Bor Mullet likes this.
  23. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Easy: have Lando lead whatever is left of the New Republic fleet/military.

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    Since we know Billy Dee is in IX, it's probably gonna be a bunch of scoundrels joining the Resistance.

I DO NOT want to see any of the new characters from "Resistance" actually joining the Resistance. [face_sick]

25. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Recruitment centers set up throughout the galaxy. They will visit high schools and promise huge enlistment bonuses and free college.