main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How would the People have reacted to Dooku's Empire?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthWolvo23, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    OK bear with me...

if everything had have gone according to the plan SIDIOUS TOLD DOOKU and dooku was taken into captivity, only to be released after the war to join the Empire, how would the people of the galaxy have reacted to the fact that "the leader of the opposition" was now number 2 in the Government.

i dont want responses like "they couldnt do anything about it anyway"

i want to know ur views on how people would have felt with dooku accepted into leadership (palpatine's number two)

dooku must have thought the galaxy would accept this as he believed this is what would happen (according to stover's novel)

2. PowerUnlimitedPower

PowerUnlimitedPower Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2006
    nope. according to the Novel Dooku actually thought that he was doing the right thing with the Seps. and when it was all over he really believed he was going to just go away and enjoy his retirement. how gullible. he never suspected he would be betrayed. he was going to help Turn Anakin, then just retire. Fool. anyway, they would have reacted badly, that is why he was never meant to last. ;) that about sums it up.

3. DarthWolvo23

Jan 30, 2005
    you are incorrect im afraid

dooku was going to realise the extent of the seps military actions whilst in captivity and make grievous the scapegoat for the war

then he was to become palps right hand man:

"a captivity that would allow him to fore swear his former allegiences...and bind himself to the new government"

4. PowerUnlimitedPower

PowerUnlimitedPower Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2006
    well i did read a part in the book about him looking forward to enjoying his retirement. i don't have the book in front of me but it is there. and regardless he was always meant to be Murdered by Anakin Skywalker . there was No plan to keep him around.

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    There are two books. Which one did you read? In Matthew Stover's novel, Dooku planned to head up a new order Force users that would include Anakin. They would band together to bring about true peace and justice to the Empire. The other book is the junior novel by Patricia C. Wrede. I haven't read that one.

6. Seperatist

Seperatist Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    What if Palpatine told the Senate that Dooku never actually left the Jedi nor the Republic. But just started the CIS to search out all the rebels in the Republic, like the Trade Federation and a few systems, and clean them up.
    I think many would believe it, and when the so-called Jedi Rebellion began Palpatine could tell them Dooku was the only one wise enough to stay true to the Republic. Much like he did with Anakin.

-S-

7. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Doesn't matter. Palpatine was going to replace Dooku with Anakin. He didn't have to justify anything. All he had to do was set up this fight and tell Anakin to kill him, if necessary.

8. WitchKing66

WitchKing66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    i like the sound of Dooku's Empire

sounds very kwel and aritrocrate/gentlemen-type of society that i want to live in

Palpatine would have probably promot his peerage from Count to Duke and then we will start calling him

Duke Dooku; i magine Sidious saying "hmmmm .. a powerfull Duke you will become"

ps: did u guys know that in terms of peerage, Archduke Poggle the Lesser outranked Count Dooku by far?

9. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Dooku's title is from his home world of Serenno. His is the heir to a vast fortune, which he used to fund the Clone Army. Poggle is the Archduke of the Geonosian race. He was a lower caste Geonosian, until Sidious arranged for Poggle's ascension.

Dooku always outranked Poggle, because he is a Sith Lord and is in charge when Sidious is not present.

10. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Palpatine could have pulled off bringing Dooku in as his number 2. Especially as a way 'to end this terrible war and bring unity once more to the Galaxy' or something like that. It's not implausible at all considering what else he pulled off. Condemn the excesses of the Confederacy and the Republic, acknowledge the "flaws" of both, have a huge constitutional convention or something while bringing the Confederacy worlds back in to addess those "flaws" and restructure the Republic in Palpatine's image.

11. DarthWolvo23

Jan 30, 2005
    Thankyou for an actual answer to the question!

I agree with this & Dooku was probably arrogant enough to believe the Galaxy still respected him

I think he wouldve played the "I knew the Jedi were corrupt, thats why I left them" card as well

12. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Why settle for a tired old man, when you can have the Chosen One himself? Anakin's far more powerful than Dooku, so their is no need for that old sack of crap.

13. WitchKing66

Jun 17, 2005
    well like it said in terms of peerage, Archduke Poggle the Lesser outranked Count Dooku by far;
    i didnt mean in actuality

the relation of Count Dooku to Archduke Poggle the Lesser is like

that of a powerfull English Earl to a Duke from a lesser Europein country

officially a Duke outranks a Count; thats what i meant, out-story wise

14. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Well, because Dooku can actually win against Obi-Wan Kenobi? Seriously, Mustafar was lose-lose for Sidious. If Anakin had won, he'd have killed Sidious immediately or within a few years. Relative power and experience doesn't matter - it's Anakin's destiny to destroy the Sith, and when he taps into that even as a relatively weaker Vader, he can still take Sidious down. Since Anakin lost, it took Sidious twenty years to get him back up to something resembling Dooku's level.

15. DarthWolvo23

Jan 30, 2005
    Why posta n answer to the question, when u can post something meaningless instead?

I didnt ask why should sidious settle for dooku now did i?????

i am interested in what reasons there were for dooku to buy the story he couldve become no. 2 in the empire!!!!!

16. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    i personally like dooku a lot and i think he had actual plans for a new jedi order or an order of force users. and sneaking him into the government should not have proven too hard for palps. i mean, he gets away with the jedicide and all, right?

17. WitchKing66

Jun 17, 2005
    i will always be mad at lucas for making such a great character but not using it properly;

his presentation of Dooku was so weak the makes people think Dooku was unimportant and was just a lever in sidious's game; which is true but for christ;s sake, Dooku was Darth Tyranus a full-fledge Sith Lord. a very dangerous one i think; more dangerous than anakin and maul in terms of skill and ambition, whereas anakin had ambition but no sound plan.

you know in many ways the duel between Dooku and Yoda at the end of AOTC is much like the duel between OB1 abd Anankin at mustaphar; yet there is no emotion between Dooku and his former Master; when dooku was killed in ROTS, yoda didnt gave a rat's azz. nothing. no reference nothing.

IMHO, Dooku was not a lever in sidious's game, i THINK dooku was a lever in LUCAS's game. "hey lets just create a new sith lord out of the blue (EU will cover the backstory) and he will just lever that is it"

Dooku was Darth Tyranus a full-fledge Sith Lord. yet i did not see such thing when i watched AOTC and ROTS. Though he did shows a ridicoulus lightining in AOTC, which didnt come upin ROTS for some reason. I beilive Lucas said in commentary of AOTC "you know i just wanted to give him Sith powers to establish that doooooku is a bad guy" people (SW hardcore fans) will always think "oh it was all part of Lucas's master plan, the Great Lucas wanted to showus the three aspects of Anakin s Vader 1) warrior 2)a fallen Jedi 3)robotics from grevious" that is a load of ****. whereis Dooku's RED/YELLOW eyes? SW hardcore fans will answer "hey u know dooku was more like aritocrat sithlord so it wouldnt make sense that lucas uses RED/YELLOW eyes on him"

Dooku was an awesome character but misused. someone mentioned this before that Gui-con Jiin character shuld have been merged with Dooku. In TPM he should not have been killed but he would leave the Jedi Order and that in AOTC he becomes the new Sith Lord. Imagine watching an AOTC with Gui-con Jiin as a Sith Lord and fallen Jedi

another great thing to do would have been to make Maul not die in TPM. he would have been killed in AOTC or ROTS. WOWWWW Imagine Maul in TPM/AOTC/ROTS. and Dooku would have been a Jedi gone rogue, not nessarly a Sith Lord. i just cant see Dooku as a Sith Lord.

but than again a typical SW hardcore fans will answer "oh it was all part of Lucas's master plan. lucas needed a aristocrat type of villian to lead the seppies and Maul wasnt fit for that role" a typical SW hardcore fans will also answer that: "oh it was all part of Sidious's master plan. sidious needed a aristocrat type of apprentice to lead the seppies and Maul wasnt fit for that role". notice any similarity

something most people just dont get is that; Dooku's chacter was created first then all that seppies movement bull**** tailored to fit his character. trust me there are many ways to start a Clone Wars and just because most people lack imagination doesnt really mean that direction Lucas went with Dooku and seppies is the ONLY sacred way. as i remember in fact the female villian in SW: CLone wars cartoons was consider to be a sithlord and she doesnt not look like someone that can lead the seppies movement, does she?

18. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Why don't you settle down. Dooku bought into it because like all Sith Lords, he can be greedy and will let the greed blind him.

Palpatine knows that day will come, because he did that to Plagueis. It's in the nature of the Sith to betray each other. All that matters is that the Sith rule the Empire til the end of time. And in this case, having the most powerful Sith continue is insturmental. Every Sith wants a powerful Apprentice. Dooku was just a temporary solution to a problem. If Sidious did create Anakin, he would've dumped Maul for him.

Dooku's role was just to get the Clone Wars going, demonstrate that a Jedi can turn evil and that he is needed to turn Anakin. But also there is another role. To show that the Sith want the better man. Maul was well trained and was to be Palpatine's point man for his master plan. Then he got himself killed. Time to replace him with someone else. Enter Tyranus. But there is an even stronger Apprentice in the wings with Anakin. So Dooku is betrayed, another common theme among the Sith, and replaced with Vader. But when Sidious becomes disappointed in Vader, he looks to turn Luke to get a better deal. Dooku was just given a lot of attention in the eu, because Lucas allowed them to tell all the stories of the Clone Wars.

Dooku chose not to use the Lightning in ROTS, because he'

19. TrueJedi

TrueJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 22, 2000
    The only thing I can think of is that it could be explained as a coalition govt. in order to stop the war and placate the Separatists.

20. Master_EdgeCrusher

Master_EdgeCrusher Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 21, 2005
    Dooku was too old. And was brought up too late as an apprentice, which is what Sidious knew! He just wanted to Dooku to piss off Anikan and get Revenge, bringing him closer to the Apprentice side!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.