main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HP-TSS - NOW DISCUSSING Chapter 16: Three-headed Sentinel

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Moleman1138, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    The special effects weren't so good in the part when Draco is flying on the broom. You can tell it's a green screen behind Draco as he says "Have it your way, then."

But I do like the scene where Harry catches the Remembrall and does a little flip outside McGonagall's window.

2. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Update the effects perhaps. It's not hard. The continuity of the DADA office might be.

3. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Well the special effects could have been better i still liked the scene because of how Harry was first a bit awkward on the broom. Then he became more comfortable and did the little flip.

4. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    Thank you for all your participation in CBC (Chapter by Chapter). HP-TSS Chapter 16: Three-headed Sentinel DISCUSSION will be made available 11:30 PM EST. Although the discussion timeframe has passed, you may still discuss this chapter at your convienience. However, we will be moving on to the next chapter.

5. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    Due to the success of the SFF CBC discussions, I would like to discuss HP-TSS chapter by chapter on the DVD. There are 34 chapters to discuss over the next eight months, excluding Chapter 35: End Credits

Each discussion will last 5 days. At the end of 5 days, the following chapter will be posted.

Chapter 16: Three-headed Sentinel
    DISCUSSION: August 19, 2007 ? August 23, 2007
    DVD TIME INDEX: 60:53 ? 63:38

Synopsis:
    The staircase is changing. They reach the forbidden corridor of the third floor and meet up with Filch?s cat. The door in front is locked. Hermione opens using Alohomora. Filch comes to his cat. Harry, Ron and Hermione see a three-headed dog and try to escape its wrath. Hermione noticed it was guarding a trapdoor it?s on. Hermione goes to bed before getting killed or worse expelled. END OF CHAPTER

Opinion:
    A tiny adventure after the last aerial chapter. We?re back inside Hogwarts and exposed to the changing of the stairs. I think it?s a great addition by Columbus and Rowling and definitely brings the magic to the first film. It subtle, but important.

The scene with Fluffy who we don?t know by name yet doesn?t seem that dated and for 2001 was really well done. Always a pleasure to see Filch and Mrs. Norris cutting the fun slightly short. Neither character I like but still from a cinematic point of view, it works intriguingly.

Hermione line about going to bed before getting killed or worse expelled show off her intelligent character. I don?t know whether it?s honest or she?s pulling her know-it-all tactics again. But to get expelled is worse than dying is a little off the wall. But it?s a great line and I love her exchange here with Harry and Ron.

Good few minutes that were somewhat true to the book, the chapter is very nice for what the material brings to the table. Hope they improve Fluffy down the road. The better CG the better the film is as a whole. I?m coughing Quidditch of course. Good chapter.

6. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
  7. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I loved the stairs, i thought it added to the magic of the film. I cant help but think of Home Alone when the trio confront Fluffy for the first time. Their screaming reaction was similar IMO to Home Alone, still it was very nice. The scene also showed the chemistry that would develop more in later films. over all it was done very well. Very close to the book, which Columbus has been critized(sp) for. As an advid reader of HP i appreaciated this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.