main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Human heritage" (The ancient conflict between the dark side & the light side of the Force)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Greetings from about four hundred minutes from my home!

I'm visiting two of my sisters and the older one's family.

It is too bad that Lucien was used for Dark purposes as a child. :(

However it is true that with great power comes great responsibility and the more power you have at your disposal the more responsibility you must have. I wish politicians understood this better.

It sounds like you had some fun.

Sent from my iPadd from another galaxy using Tapatalk

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lucien should be happy now and make Grianan happy

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    @SWpants: I rather have Lucien read her diary then looking into his holy scriptures & find the wrong answers in there. The next step will be: trusting his own judgement again & asking his own conscience. He is a slow learner anyway. But he will get there, eventually.

@SWpants: Yepp, I had some fun & meet cool people. Old JC friends like @MsLanna/ Etain & Ceillean. But also a lot of SW artists, actors & enthusiasts.

As for Lucien: I hope he will understand about his responsibility more in future.

@earlybird-obi-wan: Let us see what he does next, right?

When it is time to return to Draconis, Parhelion helps smuggle us off. The authorities do not dare to scan his star ship. As the arch-bishop of Polysýndeton, he possesses diplomatic immunity. Aconite may be an imbecile, but he is not suicidal by questioning the Amnionian State Church.
    My wife and I are flown to the Western part of Ceilonwyn. A big welcome committee awaits us as my lodge, foremost Sionnach, Skje and my sons.
    After a somewhat relaxing evening among Clan Mössa and my sons, Grianán and I stay downstairs in the Hall of Fire. We both hesitate to stay in one of the upstairs rooms. And so we make our beds near the chimney fire, lying on pelts and satin pillows.
    My wife is fast asleep in my arms, worn out by all the excitement and efforts of the day. I hold her close to me, watching her in the semi-darkness. She looks relaxed and peaceful, but a vicious flash back gets to her anyway.

At the entrance, Luçien throws me down on my belly. He looms over me, but I cannot raise my head towards him. The restraints forbid that. So I just stare at his travel boots. “I forgot something essential upstairs,” he informs me crisply.

When the echo of his boots fades, I move by sheer instinct.

My progress over the wooden floor is painfully slow and uncoordinated. I have to fight the cramps in every muscle that I attempt to use. Inch by inch I claim my ground, and have to fight against throwing up inside the mask.

“And where do you think you are going, Grianán?” Luçien suddenly towers over me. He sounds astonished.
    I move on.

With no particular haste, he steps into my path and {goes} to his knees. “This is pointless. You can neither use the Force nor your hands to open the door at the moment.”

I stare at his boots, devastated. He is right.

“Let us get you into the ship now. I will come back later to clean the mess that you made upstairs, Grianán.” Luçien picks me up with great ease, but I have some strength left for opposing him. “Stop wiggling in my arms. You are not an eel. Your fruitless attempts at escape just anger me. Is this how you reward me for saving your soul?”

In order to calm my wife, I start singing, not caring who else can hear me. My songs finally work on her troubled mind, ease it. I keep singing until my own eye lids get heavy and I drift into a dreamless sleep.
    The next morning, Draíocht joins me in the kitchen. She raises a quizzical eye brow, when she notices that I am preparing a hot chocolate for my wife.
    I go for a straight confrontation. “Will the fear ever stop?” I ask and look at her.
    “Grianán’s fear or your own, Luçien?”
    I break more of the chocolate in tiny pieces. “My feelings are only second to hers.”
    “You need to learn to love yourself before you can love her properly,” the former

bean feasa states.

“I am but a selfish bastard, full of myself,” I rant.
    “That knowledge will not help her heal. Give it up. Give it all up. Start living, and free of fear. There has been too much fear in you right from the start.” Her calm voice holds no hate. There is only compassion in her. “Move on with your life. We all have our dark secrets.”
    “And I am Grianán’s,” I joke.
    “Her soul called out for yours, keen on making you whole. She followed you into the darkness. Now it is your turn. Nobody else can do it.”
    “There is no trying, I suppose?”
    My lame joke makes her twist her thin Elfin lips. “No trying. Besides, you are already on the case.”
    Her choice of words reminds me of something essential. “Is there a

mittimus against me?” I probe.

“A warrant of commitment to prison?” She rolls her eyes. “Think again. If it was the case, agents of the Crown would have arrested you straight on your arrival. You have to thank Agathos for his insight. He pulled the strings from the very beginning of this unfortunate affair. After his death the royal court continued to follow his explicit orders.”
    “So the infamous rat pack also holds him in their highest respect,” I conclude.
    Narrowing her eyes, Draíocht pours herself a mug of chocolate. “Those three women pose a greater threat to you than Princess Daná. You do not need that. Please them by pleasing your wife. Then all will be a piece of cake.”
    “Women power,” I sigh, somewhat beaten.
    “The hand that holds the cradle rules the world,” the red haired Elf quotes the motto of royal House Tjiehennet. “The belated god queen raised three more daughters to be Grianán’s companions forever more. A child so sensitive to the universe needed more protection than she was able to give. She knew how essential Narthex was for Agathos’ upbringing. Believing in the trinarcia of the Mother Goddess, she thought three body guards was a better number.”
    In the back of my mind, I summon a triskele, an ancient motif consisting of three interlocked spirals. Three bent human legs, or three curved lines can extend from the centre of such a symbol: Miss Djed, Doctor Hemutiu and Admiral Merkhet.
    A cocoon of safety, love and companionship meant for Grianán. And I destroyed it.
    “You should drop the past at a point,” suggests Draíocht, licking her lips like a Lidérc.
    “I will have to answer for my heinous crimes first.”
    “You already do. Miss Djed gave me permission to kill the both of you, if I would notice the shroud of the dark side.” She gives me a frightening smile. “In so far I can only see one person being effected here and it certainly is not you.”
    I grant her a weak smile. “I suppose I owe you my cordial thanks?”
    “This lodge perhaps,” Draíocht answers straight away. “I will not settle for anything less.”
    “Lifelong right of residence?” I suggest.
    Her extended left hand shoots towards me. “Life estate indeed.”
    “Do you need a knife for this deal?”
    She shakes her head. “I do not want your blood, just this place. Your torture of Grianán left enough stains already. You can be glad the wolf is such an excellent cleaner.”
    The mention of Taran drives an invisible arrow straight into my chest. “He cleaned my mess?”
    “He is a most loyal friend to you, Luçien. His deeds for you prove to me that he is more sane than people give him credit for. But do not worry, I will let Sionnach find out all by herself. Words can be so meaningless at times. Don’t you think?”
    In silence, we exchange a long handshake. Draíocht is a tough one, but honest.
    Sionnach comes up right behind me, already fully dressed in an florid Udaler outfit.

“Chololat chaud?” she inquires. Hot chocolate?

I pour the drink into a clay mug, adding sugar to it. “Cocoa solids contain alkaloids such as the obromine and phenylalanine,” I answer without looking up. “Those have physiological effects on my wife’s body. Which is a good thing. She needs to heal from the inside out.”
    “Yes, I have known that for a long time. My surprise here is in finding that you are ready to acknowledge positive effects from

xocolātl.” Her excitement is obvious. “You must deeply love Grianán when you violate the Holy Scriptures of your own people.”

I keep my face blank, while I garnished the beverage with a spoonful of whipped cream. I also add chocolate curls. “In a less proper sense, any transgression against the virtue of religion would be a sacrilege. But I happen to place my wife’s virtue higher these days.”
    “I am glad that you learn to jump over your large shadow for Grianán.”
    “Chocolate is not as evil as I always believed it to be. Besides, her brain needs a high serotonin level at present. Happy thoughts so to speak.”
    Draíocht loiters around still, enjoying my verbal exchange with Sionnach. I cannot help but find her behaviour somewhat triumphant. She loves to see me with my pants down.
    “We should talk outside,” I consider. “I owe you many answers.There was no time yesterday.But can I give Grianán her beloved chocolate first?”

(To be continued!)

DarthUncle likes this.
  4. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Small victories are important, especially when it is about allowing chocolate into your life at the right times :)

Nyota's Heart and AzureAngel2 like this.
  5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @DarthUncle: Okay, I confess now that you are standing in the kitchen, making more hot chicken soup for me. I used all the 4 chocolate sticks (2x dark, 2x white) to make myself 2 mugs of chocolate, while you were looking at my threads. Yes you told me milk & chocolate are NOT good for my sore throat at present. And you made me the big pot of camomile earlier on. What can I say? Today is the last day of... erm, you know. I am but a weak, foolish woman.

And yes, I am watching "Bates Motel", Season 2, in German on youtube. Because:

a) the library did not have it

b) when we are to meet the son of Mr. Panczak, the German voice of Luke Skywalker, then I want to know some of the guys most recent pieces of artistic work. (I know almost nothing of Mr. Makino! Apart from him doing the voice of Tom Riddle for one of the Harry Potter movies.)

and

c) I needed to keep myself busy while you enjoyed "Formula One". Coughing & lamenting my sore chest and even more sore throat seemed pointless.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time & making the effort reading & commenting my stuff. And listening to all my unnerving doubts about it. I have not been easy recently. Thanks for still caring about me after almost 7 years of marriage! @};-

DarthUncle likes this.
  6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    He sure is nice to her making chocolate

DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    That is what I love about you, earlybird-obi-wan. You always find a fitting, one-sentance answer that makes me smile. Thank you!

DarthUncle likes this.
  8. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Well, it looks like Lucien is doing better.

Sent from my iPadd from another galaxy using Tapatalk

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @Lady_Misty: I wanted him to be a Force healer all along! Life just came in his way and bad stuff.

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great conversation & truth! Universal truth about chocolate! :) Azure, you are up there in talent with Chyntuck, divapilot & Mira_Jade. Anyone who thinks otherwise is - ditso. :p [:D]

11. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    She looks relaxed and peaceful, but a vicious flash back gets to her anyway.

:( Poor Gri
    I like that he sings to help her

Mmmmmm hot chocolate. Hot chocolate is a great peace offering.

“Those three women pose a greater threat to you than Princess Daná. You do not need that. Please them by pleasing your wife.

Mph, isn't that the truth. The three of them are crazy.

She shakes her head. “I do not want your blood, just this place. Your torture of Grianán left enough stains already.

For real!!

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    *beams and beams and beams

That is just the kind of comment that I needed, dear Nyota's Heart! Thank you!

@SWpants: Feel hugged on this particular cold October evening! Relationships with darksiders are not easy. Ask Padmé and Tenel Ka!

DarthUncle and Nyota's Heart like this.
  13. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Hot chocolate is always good for the soul. It takes a certain skill to include the properties and benefits of a warm, soothing beverage that was once believed to be the nectar of the gods and only good enough for kings.

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Well said, dear Darth Gangrenous. [face_love] You sound like a wise philosopher. ^:)^ And because DarthUncle & I have our 7th wedding anniversary today let me give you all a surprise update:

I accompany Sionnach outside, carrying two chairs with me. “Do you need a blanket?” I inquire,while putting the chairs down at the veranda.

“No, thank you.” Sionnach shakes her head and makes herself comfortable. “Here in the full sun it is warm enough.”

“Where shall I start?” I ask, nervous to look her straight in the eyes.

“Perhaps at the beginning?” Her voice is soft, but I can hear the rattling of Tjiehennet style through it. “When hate turned into love?”

“I never hated Grianán. It was impossible. She has an abundance of kindness that makes resentment difficult. Her sweetness touched me from our first encounter.”

“That was when you tried to kill her and her siblings in the royal bedchamber high above Cunabula, was it not?”

I understand what ails her. “Do not worry,Sionnach. You did not cause that assassination attempt. It was my own doing. I am sorry that I implied otherwise before. It was too big a secret. Grianán had an overprotective guardian and I did not want to complicate her life even further.”

She ponders on my words for a long time before she asks, “How many meetings were there between her and you after that failed attempt to take her life as a baby?”

“Oh, we did not see each other again until Agathos brought his entire family to Polysýndeton. I visited him one early morning on the Aletheia estate. Grianán was with him. To say that I was simply intrigued by her would be a complete understatement.”

“Because she is a witchling who enchanted you with her grey eyes and put you in never-ending agony?”

I glance at my fingers. “It is not that easy,” I answer in a measured tone. “Things with Grianán never are. She is capable of, let’s say... refreshingly different approaches to logical thought.”

Her almond eyes narrow. “So you mean that she is air-headed, but pretty enough to tempt you now that she is a grown up woman?”

“No.” I groan. “Grianán is one of the most clear-minded and brilliant people that I know.”

Sionnach surprises me by freely quoting from the Holy Scriptures.“So you have found a woman more bitter than death, who is the hunter’s snare, and her heart is a net, and her hands are bands.”

My throat is closing, like someone has fed me glass. “I will never forget how the sunlight danced around Grianán in that roof garden,” I press out. “She stood next to her father, a perfect little angel even at three-years-old. I swore myself to watch her carefully, while granting her some time to grow up.”

“You never gave her sister Adamah that time,” Sionnach accuses me.

“That was badly done,” I agree softly.

“Indeed it was.” Her cheeks burn bright in anger. “Our twins and Angina are not the only ones who have paid the price for your cowardice.”

Darth Gangrenous likes this.
  15. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    “I never hated Grianán. It was impossible. She has an abundance of kindness that makes resentment difficult. Her sweetness touched me from our first encounter.”

No. You just hated what Gri was, what she represented, and oh...you hated her existence.
    *rolls eyes*

I like that he and Sionnach were able to have the time to chat.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Happy anniversary and thank you for another lovely update. [:D]

Nyota's Heart and AzureAngel2 like this.
  17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @SWpants & Darth Gangrenous: Thank you!

I better contact others who might like to read this update!

@Lady_Misty
    @Nyota's Heart
    @Darth_Furio
    @Ewok Poet

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woo. Sionnach is blunt and holds nothing back in a Let me tell you what I really think way. @};- I think because Lucien is ready to accept her censure and it's nothing less than he's doubtless thought himself. [face_thinking]

~!

Happy anniversary, Azure! @};- @};-

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

Thanks, Nyota's Heart! Actually SWpants helped immensely to better the text and therefore gave Sionnach more fire!

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Happy anniversary Azure.
    And liked the discussion between Lucien and Sionnach

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I fear Darth_Furio does not like this story any longer, earlybird-obi-wan. But after the love relationships that went wrong in the Skywalker family, I wanted to show that love can have a redeeming aspect and better a person.

22. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I have to catch up AzureAngel2, I'm sorry. I have not been on much lately. RL is taking away a lot of my free time.

EDIT: On the September 22, entry: Seeing a decent Lucien that Gran can latch on too is important.

EDIT 2: On the last entry: Purpose and direction are usually a bi-product of being good with yourself which is what Lucien seems to be now.

There, I caught up :p

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @Darth_Furio: Feel very hugged now because I know all about a busy life off-line. And I am very happy that you are not crossed with my main character & his wedding at all. Phew!

I am almost over my nasty cold with the very bad cough. The past two weeks I cancelled all social appointments & visits to the nearby fitness centre! It was also very busy at work with very long staff meetings, a parental evening & the year planing of 2016 with the chair persons.

So when an old childhood friend, who also lives & works in Berlin, came over with her dog I finally could enjoy myself. I had Halloween cookies & she brought apple pie over. We also looked at my art work & some video clips. Then we played a game (= "The settlers of Catan, the chocolate edition" - 3x) & went for a walk with the dog at the nearby river. Later on we played even more games (= "The settlers of Catan, the dice game" - 2x, "Carcassonne, the winter edition" - 1x & "Digits" - 1x), listening to Loreena McKennitt, Enya, Julie Cruise & Kate Bush in the background.

So I better update now, before it is 3:00 pm again & the next visitor enters our flat:

Chapter 35: Running to the light

I feel a bead of sweat roll down my back. My breathing comes in fast breaths and I lower my gaze, agonised. “I still hate myself for the horrible decisions that I made at Polysýndeton. The blood of hundreds of citizens has stained my hands.I brought even more darkness into the lives of Agathos and Narthex. And I killed our children along with their nanny.”

“The Force storm killed them,” Sionnach corrects me, her voice shivering like a leaf in the wind. “All of them.”

My chin jerks up. “It was me causing all that destruction.Without me, Adamah would not have gone mad like this. Had Isabeau been at her side,this...”

“You made a wrong choice there,true.” Lovingly, she takes my hands into hers. “But you were not the one who unleashed the dark side of the Force on the temple district.Your guilt did not even allow you to admit that one good thing came from it. Arcānā redeemed herself.”

I gape at Sionnach.

“Had you not been so focused on your own grief and especially that guilt of yours,we could have spoken freely of this long ago,” she says with a sigh. “The dark side would have had less of a grip on you.That cannot be undone. It is good that you can talk of it now.”

My head is spinning.

“Let us not place recriminations nor name those we have lost forever,” she suggests. “Tell me about that bond between you and Grianán instead.”

“Certainly,” I whisper, my voice clogged. “What is it that you want to know?”

Sionnach has many questions and I work through them over the course of the next hour. Some are easier to answer than others. When I start hesitating over responses, she holds a hand up.

“That’s more than enough, for now. Let us finish our own affairs!” She swiftly stands and looks down at me expectantly. “Please repeat your excuse for your scam of our marriage. A piece of paper is not enough to put me at ease.”

Poor Skje. “Do you need witnesses?” I suggest carefully. “We can go inside and...”

“No, we will do this right here on this porch,” she insists.

In earnest, I kneel in front of the woman that I dishonoured more than once. “Sionnach O’Conghaile. From this day on, you are free. Free from me and the House Ankou! I am sorry that I was not always a gentleman with you. Nor was I the master an excellent student of the Force needed.”

“Indeed,” she says through tears. “You may turn our rings into a lump of metal.”

I take both our wedding rings out of a small leather pouch that I carry with me.
    Then I place them down on the veranda, sending a single bolt of Force lightning towards them. They burst into specks of dust, as if they had never existed at all.

“You can have visiting rights with Garou. And, of course, for Éibhear.” Sionnach dries her tears with one of her sleeves. “If he still wants that. Somebody showed him the remains of his biological father. They were in a jute bag, if that rings a bell for you.”

O’Gradaigh. The Draconian Secret Service must have found his grave. How would I ever be able to explain to my foster-son why I dismantled the man who sired him?

Sionnach’s clear voice distracts me from my thoughts. “We do not need to hear anything from your mother Fleur.”

As if he knew the conversation has eased, Skje appears and asks with a wide grin, “Would either of you like more tea?”

Simultaneously, Sionnach and I give him our mugs.

His sky blue eyes glow with mirth. “I bet you two are also in urgent need of a cookie to calm down!”

I am blessed to have a friend like him. And he is not the only blessing in my life. Now that anger, pain, and fear do not control me any longer, I can take a more thorough look at the persons around me, and see how they enrich me.

(To be continued!)

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yum, apple pie! :) Great conclusion and settling of things with Sionnach.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    I hope you feel better!

My chin jerks up. “It was me causing all that destruction.Without me, Adamah would not have gone mad like this.

Without you, a lot of bad things wouldn't have happened.

“Let us not place recriminations nor name those we have lost forever,” she suggests. “Tell me about that bond between you and Grianán instead.”

That's a good idea :)

In earnest, I kneel in front of the woman that I dishonoured more than once. “Sionnach O’Conghaile. From this day on, you are free. Free from me and the House Ankou! I am sorry that I was not always a gentleman with you. Nor was I the master an excellent student of the Force needed.”

:) And this is extra good!!

Skje is a good person

AzureAngel2 likes this.