main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Human heritage" (The ancient conflict between the dark side & the light side of the Force)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Sep 6, 2013.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I am glad Lucien is turning and going back to the light

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Mending brunt bridges, yet another great step towards redemption.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    @Nyota's Heart: SWpants & DarthUncle helped to improve that talk between them a lot. Due to them Sionnach matured a lot.

@SWpants: I still have an odd cough that goes off in public transport or in places with a air co. [face_blush] My eye infection is almost gone due to the eye drops. But with so many colleagues down last week I simply went to work. The kids already know that I have dangerously sharp ears anyway. Ears that cannot filter out German voice actors or songs being played somewhere in the background (like in shopping malls).

Anyway, I am happy that you like the story still. Because you also put so much work into it. Sorry when I added stuff here and there the past year.

@earlybird-obi-wan: I made it a quest to search the light. Perhaps I have been watching too much "Once upon a time" lately.

@Darth_Furio: Poor DarthUncle did miss most of the race today because he went to see the "Van Gogh Alive" exhibition with me. Poor hon! But I heard there was bad weather anyway?!?

Anyway, I am off to the kitchen soon, making some apple puree. So enjoy the next update snippet:

The common family breakfast comes with a surprise. Ciall proposes to Draíocht. We are all thrilled. Three marriages will take place in the afternoon, a threefold blessing. The Force is with us all.

While everybody congratulates the two Elves lavishly, Ruadhan and I hold back. Only the two of us know that he had once fallen in love with a teenage Arcānā. It is a long story, bitter-sweet and full of betrayal. In its end lay the death of dauphine Adamah and her unborn daughter.

“The circle is complete, wouldn’t you say so?”

I waver when I recognize Arcānā’s voice, which speaks directly in my mind. There is a cold draft around me, coming from the Netherworld of the Force. But it does not feel evil.

“Evil?” echoes the Force ghost, still not visible. “That would be poor behaviour on my account on a day like this. No, Luçien. I am simply here to pay my homage to my niece Sionnach like everybody else. If you would excuse me.”

She did not reprimand me about Grianán. I take that as a good sign. To ask for her motherly blessing would be a bit much. I should not anger her, but be happy for her silence.

Skje saunters towards me, a wide grin on his bearded face. I can tell that he is up to no good. “I hope for yourself that you are good at friendly negotiations.”

Frowning, I ask, “Negotiating for what?”

“This is the North.” Mirth shines in his eyes. “Marriage is the core of the family. A wedding is thus an important transition not only for the couple but also for all the relatives involved. So if you want to marry a woman around here you need to pay a bridal price for her. ”

I am prepared to do that. Money is not an issue for me. It also comes in handy that the citizens of Fort Cité have been so generous in helping my wife already.

While we walk towards the group of men sitting on the veranda, Skje makes his entire plan known to me. “In the absence of Grianán’s father and brothers, I will negotiate her bride price. Sionnach and I have already talked about it.”

Weary, I ask, “Should I be worried?”

Friendly laughter answers me. “You mistake me for a merchant. This is not the market place of your birth town. We are much more civilised folk around here.”

I doubt that a lot, but it gladdens me that my wife has people to stand up for her interests.

A Northern marriage is indeed a legal contract with implications for, among other things, inheritance and property relations; the wedding itself is but the solemnization of a pact. The involved families promise to help each other through good times and bad.

Since Grianán and I are already married, the first step – the date of the betrothal – is skipped. Under the eyes of many witnesses we negotiate the dowry – heimanfylgja – and wedding presents – mundr – from my own family. All of these will be the personal property of my wife.

We are still in the middle of the negotiations, when two of Grianán’s siblings appear on horse back. Prince Èleos and Princess Daná both look haunted and worried. In the Force, they feel like natural disasters due to happen. I rise to meet them.

Her sister rushes towards me, shouting, “Is Grianán your bottom?”

“My what?”

“Your submissive?” she snarls.

I pale. “Why would she be?”

Her eyes drill into mine. They are as hard as diamonds. “Then your dark apprentice perhaps?”

It was simply an abduction,” I consider, my voice low.

You had no intention of ruling the universe with her?”

I shake my head. “No. Never.”

“Now explain the throat cutting that took place before the actual kidnapping. Are you a serial killer? Keen on murdering blondes?"

Princess Daná narrows her eyes. For an instant, I feel the dark side gathering around all of us, but then Skje joins our little group. Just in time.

“I went ahead with the bridal price negotiations if you do not mind, Your Royal Highnesses,” he informs the newcomers with a winning grin. “But the groom is a bit stubborn.”

“Is he now?” Princess Daná suddenly sounds weary and tired.

“He wants to pay an extra price, because he insists that he has a life debt to the royal family.”

“Skje is right.” I speak of something that has been recently been resting on my heart. “The light side is about the peace of the heart. And about servitude.” My words are meant for Prince Èleos who has his emotions better in check than his sister. “If you want me to, my liege, I will willingly place myself into your service, as a Force knight.”

The eldest son of my former arch-enemy looks surprised. “You want to be a paladin of the Force?”

“I want to be all that is needed to heal the royal family and the kingdom.”

Princess Daná glowers at me. “Do not buy that bantha podoo, Eli. He just wants to save his neck.”

“In the Name of the Force,” sighs Prince Èleos. “Let the man explain himself. We owe him that much.”

“We owe him?" She blinks, her lashes fluttering over her large, somewhat wounded eyes. “He owes us. And our father. He broke his heart.”

“You do not know that.” Her brother´s voice is calm, but monotone. “Our father always had a weak heart.

(To be continued!)

DarthUncle and Darth Gangrenous like this.
  4. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    It's your story - there's nothing to apologize for at all :)

The common family breakfast comes with a surprise. Ciall proposes to Draíocht. We are all thrilled. Three marriages will take place in the afternoon, a threefold blessing. The Force is with us all.

That it is!

She did not reprimand me about Grianán. I take that as a good sign. To ask for her motherly blessing would be a bit much. I should not anger her, but be happy for her silence.

Holy cow, that's for sure.

Her sister rushes towards me, shouting, “Is Grianán your bottom?”

I'm not sorry. Who the kriff asks that?! In front of everyone?! I want to slap her. She has a horrid mouth on her!!

“If you want me to, my liege, I will willingly place myself into your service, as a Force knight.”

I'd want him on my side. If he's going to behave, he'd be an amazing asset.

DarthUncle likes this.
  5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Daná asks kriff like that, dear SWpants. And I even changed the dialogue otherwise it would have more embarrassing and less family friendly for the boards.

*still waits for DarthUncle to finish watching his race because there are 3 episodes of "Game of Thrones, season 4" to be watched. (They have to be given back to the library by tomorrow!)

DarthUncle likes this.
  6. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Bad weather didn't stop Hamilton's string of horseshoes. He won the championship. [face_frustrated]

The plot thickens. I knew this these weddings were going to have issues.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, Eleos is the voice of reason seems like in this confrontation. :rolleyes: Skje helps smooth things over. :)

DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  8. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    How did i miss so many updates?!?

Love and hate are complicated things and in many circumstances so similar one can never be sure which is which.

So many happenings and soul searching.

DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lucien again in for more plotting? Or is it the family?

And Verstappen did earn some points too[face_dancing]

10. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
  11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @Darth_Furio: You really need to chat with DarthUncle about it. He would love that, because I have no interest in his beloved F1 whatsoever!

@Nyota's Heart: This is why I created both characters. To have more voices of reason in this story!

@earlybird-obi-wan: Well, the dark side cannot always win, or can it?

@Darth_Furio: Seems the birdy is indeed a fan, too. Or is it because of a Dutch driver? ;)

Okay, almost off to meet the folk of the Berlin SW Dinner tonight. It is the first Saturday of a month again. Well, I am sorry that RL made me so busy that there was NO update last weekend. Here is one:

The Udalers of the Northern Hemisphere know how to throw a lively wedding party. First some ritual blood flows, then ale runs through thirsty throats. Music and dancers fill the forest glade.

Once more, Grianán looks stunning. I cannot keep my eyes off her. She radiates with love and happiness.

It saddens me that we cannot stay, but I have a surprise for my wife elsewhere. When the attention of the wedding guests is fixed on Draìocht and Ciall, I lead her deep into the forest. There is only trust and love in her grey eyes; no traces of fear.

Parhelion waits at another clearing nearby, and I can tell from his smug body language that he agrees with my plans for tonight.

When Grianán and I enter his space ship, I earn a quick smile from Temperance, who is leaning out of the cockpit. She is not mad with me. Like Doctor Hemutiu, she seems to understand what has occurred between Grianán and me.

Right now is not the time to discuss the accusations that Princess Daná made earlier. There will be another time. I bow my head to her gratefully.

“Just love her!” Temperance mouths, without Grianán noticing.

The Holy Isle of Cunabula has ancient mating rites for the members of the Tjiehennet family. I am prepared to participate some of them for the wonderful woman at my side. One of the most crucial is the acceptance as her groom.

I leave the star ship, anxious when I see the royal Shesha guards coming towards us. They are in full battle gear and for a moment I have the impression Princess Daná has ordered them to kill me immediately. But the reptile women briefly scan my mind and bow to my wife before they leave us completely alone.

I decide to open all the gates of my mind and make my presence known to all the able telepaths on the Holy Isle. There is a backlash of curiosity, but nobody attacks me on my way to the royal pyramid. No blood sacrifice seems to be required. My union with Grianán has been accepted.

Suddenly, she giggles happily.

“What is so funny?” I inquire.

“I will tell you another time!” she beams and walks on. If I am not wrong she is biting her cheeks.

My gaze narrows and I scan the surrounding stone buildings. I quickly spot three shapes on a roof. My throat tightens as I recognize their faces: the rat pack. They give a thumbs up and I swallow hard.
    The women laugh heartily and clash their Caipirinha glasses together for a toast.

I assume that I already know who will be the bridesmaids for the wedding reception at Dún Barr.

At the bottom of the royal staircase, I bow down to kiss my wife tenderly. In that kiss, I tell her everything. For once in my life, I am not holding anything back.

While I carry Grianán towards the royal bedroom, which towers the entire island, our kiss becomes more intense. It is a deep longing, asking for relief. Her lips dance against mine, our mouths moving together in unrestrained love. There is a new meaning behind every touch and caress that we share.

When my mouth leaves hers, a small, needing moan escapes her lips. It becomes a gasp as I kiss my way down her throat to more sensitive areas. Her longing balances and mirrors my own. Yet I take my time and savour the feel of her.

I gently lower us to the large hammock, allowing the truth of my feelings wash over us. Something inside me shatters and colours, sable and crimson, exploding within my eyes. I release myself into the shelter of my wife’s bright soul.

The light side of the Force is indeed aligned with happiness, joy, love, and benevolence. It is generally concerned with the ideas of good, generosity, healing, and wisdom.

In Grianán’s beautiful eyes, I can see all that I was, all that I am right now, and all that I am meant to be. Our joining is slow and purposeful.

(To be continued!)

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AzureAngel2 - scrumptious! I just loved this. So melty melty good! [face_dancing] =D=

While I carry Grianán towards the royal bedroom, which towers the entire island, our kiss becomes more intense. It is a deep longing, asking for relief. Her lips dance against mine, our mouths moving together in unrestrained love. There is a new meaning behind every touch and caress that we share.
    When my mouth leaves hers, a small, needing moan escapes her lips. It becomes a gasp as I kiss my way down her throat to more sensitive areas. Her longing balances and mirrors my own. Yet I take my time and savour the feel of her.
    I gently lower us to the large hammock, allowing the truth of my feelings wash over us. Something inside me shatters and colours, sable and crimson, exploding within my eyes. I release myself into the shelter of my wife’s bright soul.
    The light side of the Force is indeed aligned with happiness, joy, love, and benevolence. It is generally concerned with the ideas of good, generosity, healing, and wisdom.
    In Grianán’s beautiful eyes, I can see all that I was, all that I am right now, and all that I am meant to be. Our joining is slow and purposeful.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    For the first time in forever Lucien knows what real love is. :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    There is only trust and love in her grey eyes; no traces of fear.
    That's because she's a moron :p

I decide to open all the gates of my mind and make my presence known to all the able telepaths on the Holy Isle. There is a backlash of curiosity, but nobody attacks me on my way to the royal pyramid. No blood sacrifice seems to be required. My union with Grianán has been accepted.
    Well that's always a good thing!​

*rolls eyes* No bantha poodoo​

15. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Well then, they had a good time. :p Very nice Azure. The passion of that moment really comes through there.

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I love to see Lucien and Grianan happy and embracing the light side

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @Nyota's Heart: Without the tough & voluntary work of SWpants parts like this would be hard to stand. She is the text wizzard behind my entire fanfic. Without her dedication all of my stories would be a total bore!

@SWpants: Sorry, that I put some stuff into an already edited text. But I needed to make clear that Grianán´s fall set a lot of things lose in our Lucien. He even reflects on the nature of the Force WITHOUT whipping himself bloody.

@Darth_Furio: My husband DarthUncle is a very passionate person at times. And not only when it is up to motor sports!

@earlybird-obi-wan: Let us hope it stays that way, because I read somewhere "the dark is patient".

Darth_Furio and Nyota's Heart like this.
  18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    THIS THREAD IS CLOSING DOWN! I MIGHT NOT COME BACK TO THE BOARDS. I AM SORRY, BUT IT IS BETTER THIS WAY!

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [:D] [face_love]

20. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Why. I will miss you[:D]

22. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    This is sad Azure, like I said in my thread, I'm sorry to see you go and I hope everything is ok. If someone dissuaded you I would hope you don't listen and continue your writing. It"s truly unique and I enjoyed it.

23. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Even your husband DarthUncle agrees with me. Come back Azure, one person's opinion doesn't count for the rest of us. Besides, I also enjoy the comments you make in my thread too.

Lady_Misty and Nyota's Heart like this.
  24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I sure want to see you coming back.

Darth_Furio and Nyota's Heart like this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004