main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Human heritage" (The ancient conflict between the dark side & the light side of the Force)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I can't believe that for whatever reason I missed an update!

But we are getting deeper into Lucien's suffering and his mindset. I am curious to see what sort of revenge Lucien has in mind.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005

Because you all seem so upset,...

@SWpants
    @Nyota´s Heart
    @Hazel
    @earlybird-obi-wan

...,let me give you some relief with an early update before I travel all the way to the Netherlands to meet my husband for this weekend only.

********************************************************************************

Isabeau wakes up in a side street of the market, her head in my lap. I brought her here just in time, staging her return to consciousness carefully. “What happened?” she asks, blinking at me.

“What do you remember?” I follow the lines of her cheeks with my fingertips. Her skin is smooth and soft. I will never let anybody harm her, especially not my grandfather.

“I was strolling over the market on my own and one of the merchants offered me sugar-coated ginger bits.”

“Perhaps you had a sugar shock,” I suggest and manage a small smile.

“Don't be silly,” she explodes and struggles to stand. “I never had a sugar shock before.”

“Which is surprising with all the sweets you stuff yourself with.”

“When Miel asked me so nicely to have a bite, I could not let him down. Could I now?”

A vague smile settles on my lips. Miel. I know that man well.

The next evening, some officials find him dead in the gutter. He seems to have suffered from a severe heart attack.

Châtiment has the audacity to congratulate me on my choice of poison, and the swiftness of execution. I am not even punished for taking out a member of the Brotherhood. He just shakes my hand and bids me to return to the homestead.

********************************************************************************

I decide to spent the early evening hours among the gardien instead of taking a stroll with Isabeau. I need some time on my own.

My appearance in the sentry makes everybody cheer. I am most welcome and loved, or so the hearts and thoughts of the men around me say. If only they knew what I am capable off. They kill in the line of duty; I kill for much darker reasons in secret.

I fear that other members of the Brotherhood will come after Isabeau again anyway. I doubt my ability to fully protect her.

I end up wandering to the weapons room and have to stop my gloomy line of thoughts. I am offered tea and cinnamon biscuits by Reneé in the waiting area.

“What about a wrestling match, young Vicomte?” he asks when my second mug of jasmine tea is empty. The old veteran winks at me.

I grin back with a nod.

I like wrestling, because it is an honest sport. The rules are uncomplicated and easy to stick to.

Both Fleur and my grandfather never continuously make up new rules to the 'games' they play. I hate them for doing so. The Holy Scriptures need to be obeyed for the salvation of one’s soul.

During the course of the evening, Reneé is not my only opponent. Everybody is keen on sparring with me in a friendly manner. I am their future duke, their hero. After a few hours, we are interrupted by a human man in his late twenties, maybe early thirties. He wears an Amnionian tunic and looks utterly confused. The Force is with him, but only very weakly.

“I am very sorry, gentlemen, but I seem to have lost my way,” he starts. “May I ask where the rest rooms are?”

“Rest rooms?” Reneé frowns at the intruder.

“The toilets,” explains the human, blushing.

I make a friendly bow to Louis, signalling that our match is done. Then I address the stranger with a radiant smile. “The toilets are at the other side of the homestead. Next to the stables.”

“Right.” The human looks embarrassed. “Not hard to miss, I am sure.”

“Do not worry, I will show you the way,” I promise him, finding his open and inviting thought-patterns refreshing and intriguing.

On our way, the stranger introduces himself to me. His name is Senator Agathos Aletheia. He is visiting our homestead with his old friend Narthex Kyrene He is more than pleased to find out that I am the heir of the House Ankou.

“I have heard so much about you from your honoured father,” he beams.

I like this human man and the way that he smiles at me. His grey eyes are full of humour and his thoughts create a positive energy. People like him make this universe a better place.

Eventually I am summoned to Alezan's tea room. My foster-father greets me with a polite nod and a warm gaze.

Senator Aletheia, resting on brocade pillows, displays his loveable smile again.

A second human from Amnion stands patiently behind him, dressed in a grey suit. His features are unreadable, but his brownish eyes sparkle with zest for life. I suspect that this is Narthex Kyrene and learn that he is a master valet.

During the evening, neither politics nor religion is discussed between us. We instead focus on the home world of our visitors and the cultural life there. I make a mental note to visit Amnion in the future. It seems a place of great beauty, vibrating life and interesting technologies.

Alezan, Agathos and I end up playing a game of cards together.

Tea and light biscuits are served by one of my step-mothers. Like a shadow, Migonne glides through the room with her tray and vanishes again each time her mission is fulfilled.

Sometimes I can still find peace in life.

(To be continued!)

By the way, I still need to know whether my reader list needs revision or not:

@SWpants

@Nyota's Heart

@DarthUncle

@earlybird-obi-wan

@Lady_Misty

@Hazel

@Mando-Man

@Gkilkenny ???

@Tyranus230

@Shadow_Master_W

@Admiral Volshe

@Cem_Fel/ @Shawnkyr ???

@Chilla ???

@Sinrebirth ???

Ewok Poet and SHADOW_MASTER_W like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Have a super time this weekend. [:D] Wonderful post and thanks. I like the guests from Amnion very much and hope Lucien can indeed go there one day. Very telling what he comments about wrestling being an uncomplicated sport where the rules do not get changed. :rolleyes: One is sabotaged before one even starts if one isn't sure of the rules. [face_thinking]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Have a great weekend and in less than a week I will be fly nearly ALL the way across the USA with my mom to visit my sister.

Lucien really has a bad mother and a worse grandfather. It's a wonder that he was sane in any manner afterwards.

Sent from my PADD using Tapatalk

"The Starman and Moon Goddess." Han Solo - Dark Angel

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  5. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Both Fleur and my grandfather never continuously make up new rules to the 'games' they play. I hate them for doing so.

I do too.

People like him make this universe a better place.

:)

Sometimes I can still find peace in life.

Always good!

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A great update with Narthex and Agathos. I hope they will become real friends for him. He needs those with the family where he is growing up.

And have a pleasant stay in Deventer

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. Tyranus230

Tyranus230 Jedi Master star 7

Feb 16, 2005
    Great updates!

Glad you had fun in Deventer.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Liked your statement about wrestling and yes, I had a wonderful weekend with my husband. This weekend I am going straight to my parents, this is why I update tonight. Besides, it is the Dutch "Sinterklaas" feast (= Saint Nikolaus celebration). So this is my "surprise" for everybody!!!

Have a safe flight and enjoy being with your sister.

About Lucien´s sanity. A certain song from Soul Asylum comes to mind: "Runaway train". Especially the lines:

"Little out of touch, little insane
    It's just easier than dealing with the pain"

Let us check the next update for it, shall we?

Well, I cannot spoil anything here now, can I? Oh wait, you read "Serpent-spawn", "Wolf whelp" and "Cat litter". Well, let me just say I go behind the scenes and go to places where I never went before and put a spotlight on there. Like I will do in the next scene.

Glad you had time to comment, dear Ty! [face_dancing]Here is more:

Our visitors from Amnion stay for a week and I grow fond of them. Not only because my grandfather leaves me be, but because I honestly enjoy the company of Agathos and Narthex. With them, my mind is not busy with torture techniques, weapons, poisonous substances and religious subjects. Instead I am introduced to a whole new world. Philosophy, art and languages enthusiastically, but politely, demand my attention. My soul embraces the change.

Agathos has a doctor title for his research in the field of happiness. It is explained to me that there are five various variations of luck. The first one can be found in relationships with other beings. The second one he describes as serendipity. The third he calls pleasure. I am very familiar with the fourth, which is the flow. And the last one refers simply to the joy that the beauty of life itself can bring.

While I listen to his interesting theories, I wonder if I can ever achieve a title for bringing unhappiness into people's lives. The harder I try to be good, the worse I make it for everybody.

One afternoon we, Agathos and I have a game of chess together. Etoile, one of my step-mothers, is around to serve us tea and cinnamon cookies.

Alezan and Narthex are not with us. They left the homestead straight after breakfast to head to the market together. I understand that they are looking for some ingredients for a typical Amnionian dish. To my surprise, our guests want to cook for us today. Alezan thinks it is a splendid idea.

“Do not think I am impolite,” Agathos says out of the blue, “but when did the abuse start?”

I look at him, puzzled. “Abuse?”

His voice turns soft and his expression becomes crestfallen. “As a government intern, I worked closely with an orphanage for a year and a few months. The majority of the children who lived there had a sad history with...”

I rise so quickly that the chess board falls off the table. His thoughts are appalling. This is not what happened to me. Châtiment gave me a harsh military training, true. But he never sexually assaulted me.

“I have no idea what you are talking about,” I roar.

“Luçien, I can tell that you are hurting.” Compassion laces his voice. “Do not be ashamed. I know your culture is a culture of pride and honour, but you must stop hiding. Talk to Alezan. He is your father. He will help. He will understand.”

I can't even make a sound. All that I can do is stare at the human who is not supposed to know about my hurt. Why can these grey eyes see what nobody else can? Or did Narthex bring this to his attention? That damned master valet is even better at observing people.

“Let me be honest about it, the pain and fear will never fully vanish, but life has so much more to offer to you.” The kindness of Agathos feels worse than piercing needles or whip-lashes. “Please let us talk with your father about it. He deeply loves you.”

My eyes water.

I can stand heat. I can stand torture instruments of any kind. But I cannot stand the look that Agathos gives me. How did we end up here? It had been such a promising game. I had been winning and now I am losing it... completely.

“I wanted to address you much earlier about it, but Narthex advised me against it.”

I knew Narthex had a hand in this. He and his master put their heads together to conspire against me. I thought I could trust Agathos. I thought he was my friend.

Trying to shade my eyes, I put my hand on my forehead. “There is nothing to talk about,” I insist. “It is a matter of the Brotherhood.”

Agathos is still keeping a safe distance from me. “So it is Fleur's father doing it to you. I am so sorry. Your own grandfather.”

“You don't know anything!” I shout. “You are not even from this planet.”

“No, I am not,” he states calmly. “But I am seldom wrong. It’s a small disadvantage for being a Force sensitive, as you may know yourself.”

I should have known. His abilities are so weak that they were not obvious enough for me. My secrets are uncovered by a human who is empathic. I feel exposed.

“You are not alone, Luçien. Many people are fond of you and would like to work with you, if you would only let them. Please let me help.”

“Why are you doing this?” The tears come hot and bitter.

“My mission in life is happiness. My theories need to be practised to have meaning.” He gives me a winning smile that cuts deep.

I find myself baring my soul to Agathos, as if the Force itself wills it. Held captive by his grey eyes, I have to tell the truth, every dirty little detail. He does not say a word, but encourages me with gestures and looks. His valet seems to have taught him to be the perfect listener. And there is so much that I have to tell. I want to be understood, the illusion of friendship and care. It eases the pain and loneliness.

The next day Alezan summons my mother and me into the tea room. Agathos and Narthex are with him. Their nervousness is clearly observable. They are to witness all the decisions that will be made today as his trusted friends, and advisers.

I am asked to sit down, but Alezan makes my mother kneel in front of him. She complies with dignity, but it is obvious she doesn't enjoy losing face this way. Her husband’s friendship with the outlanders bewilders her. And today they witness her shame and will know her dirty games. There is nowhere to hide. She will be lucky if she can leave the room alive and remain unharmed.

About one hour passes in absolute silence.

“I do not do divorces,” Alezan suddenly states. “My marriage vows to you are binding, Fleur.”

To my surprise my mother blushes.

“What you did to our son does not change that,” he moves on. “However, it has consequences. From now on, you will never be alone with him. Not until he is a grown man, able to defend himself against you and, most of all, and asks to be left alone with you. It is up to him to determine this.”

There is no verbal reply, but I can tell from the way my mother lowers her head that she accepts what Alezan just announced.

“You remain my main wife in public, but we will eat at separate tables and you are never to share the bed with me again.”

My mother's beautiful face is as now cold and as distant as one of the twin moons at night.

“You may entertain guests and will receive all the credits for being the leading lady of the hunt. You also will remain in charge of the household affairs, as long as you do it with reason. I have the power to veto any decision I deem inappropriate.”

On the surface, she remains aloof, but there is a crack in her heart that only I can see. I learn that she loves him more than mere words can describe. I cannot help but to pity her for her unbelievable bad judgement and harsh choices, and the predicament that my grandfather put her in.

It was never a marriage of convenience for my mother. She is, and always has been, afraid of showing her true feelings to Alezan. She hides them away in a safe place to which nobody else has access. Her childhood taught her that it is better to stay cold. My grandfather made sure of that by taking everything that she ever cared for away from her. She has forgotten how to cry. Only anger and blood lust keep her going most of the time, forcing her to lose the regard of her love, my stepfather.

“As for our son, the damage is done,” Alezan continues. “I cannot undo the harsh training that he had to undergo. Deprogramming would make it worse for him, impossible to ever find his right place in this universe.”

There are parts of my heart that are still alive. Alezan touches them with his kind speech. He loves me and trusts in me. Though he is also afraid for me, worried I might grow to be like my mother before me. But there is warmth left in me. I am more than the sum of my hatred and fears. Agathos made me understand that earlier on.

“Minou will take on our son as her apprentice until he is twelve,” Alezan clarifies. “Luçien can walk over to the House of Healing whenever he wants to. My homestead will remain a place he can find safety and shelter at.

My heart beats wildly and freely against my chest.

“Whatever our son will do with the teachings he received from the Brotherhood is his own affair. I know he has the talent for Force healing, but it will be his choice what to do with his life.”

There is still no audible reaction from my mother.

“It is also my wish that Luçien is introduced to Telenn and her tribe.”

My mother's head jerks. “You cannot possibly...”

Alezan jumps up from his sitting position. “Silence,” he roars and throws his head back. His claws shoot out.

Agathos is more uncomfortable than Narthex at present, but they keep their even faces.

Alezan looks so intensely at me that I end my telepathic investigations immediately and focus fully on what he is saying. “Telenn can show Luçien Force skills that he never imagined. As I said before, it is his life and his decisions. But I can offer options.”

“Would you like to be the protégée of Minou for a while, my son?”

I nod happily, not able to get a word out.

“And if I could introduce you to somebody who knew Dealg personally, would you like that?” he offers carefully.

Dealg. My true father. He does not say that openly, but it is a fact that is easy to grasp for Agathos and Narthex, too. They look baffled, though they had already wondered at my Force powers before. I do not mind these two humans now sharing this secret of my birth. I learned to regard them as friends even though I just met them. Alezan’s trust is my own.

There might be a day when I can call my life truly my own. First, I need to become more powerful and stop being a victim. Until now I wanted others to fear me and love me at the same time. Agathos and Narthex are a novelty to me; they accept me as I am. With them, I do not need to pretend like I do with Isabeau. They observe and truly learn to see the hearts of others. I wish I could do the same.

Force witches and the like are good at blending into their environment until their evil deeds are too obvious to neglect any longer. How useful would it be to root them out before they can do any evil!

Alezan reaches back and tugs at a rope. Somewhere in the guard house a bell goes off. My mother will be 'excused' soon. The ducal guard will wait outside for her, escorting her to a special room to confine her in.

“May I also ask you for something, papa?” My voice is thin, but audible.

“Of course, my son.”

“I would like to learn languages. As many as possible. Agathos and Narthex are living proof that language skills matter in interplanetary relationships. Telepathy cannot be the means. There are folk who fear Force users and Elfin magic.”

Everybody looks at me with admiration, even my mother, forgetting her humiliation.

Learning will keep the pain away. It will not be forgotten, of course, but just as my mother can keep her feelings in check, I too will learn such self-control.

By the way, is this reader list okay?

@SWpants

@Nyota's Heart

@DarthUncle

@earlybird-obi-wan

@Lady_Misty

@Hazel

@Mando-Man ???

@Gkilkenny ???

@Tyranus230

@Shadow_Master_W

@Admiral Volshe

9. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Very nice, holds a lot of ideas and clues, and well done for showing us bits to also care for what his mothers life is like; would like to hope it isn't a foreshadowing of his own future.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I like Alezan here. And Narthex and Agathos are caring and kind. I hope he will learn from them

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I echo those wishes and conclusions. =D= I think it was a blessed day for Lucien and a harbinger of his deliverance when the Amnions came visiting. :) :) A very poignant side note though is Fleur's true feelings for Alezan. Culture or his own penchants demand he take more than one wife [face_thinking] which bites deep, and now this ... :( It's not her fault, after all, her father is a brute. He tyranized her as well I think.

12. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    I had a great flight! :) It was like riding a bus once we were in the air. My mom and I only had to hurry once to make our last flight.

At least the truth is out and Lucien seems to have some control in his life.

Sent from my PADD using Tapatalk

"The Starman and Moon Goddess." Han Solo - Dark Angel

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    [b Châtiment gave me a harsh military training, true. But he never sexually assaulted me. [/b]

Oh there is so much more abuse than that.

“But I am seldom wrong. It’s a small disadvantage for being a Force sensitive, as you may know yourself.”

*snerk*

“You remain my main wife in public, but we will eat at separate tables and you are never to share the bed with me again.”

Good.

“I would like to learn languages. As many as possible. Agathos and Narthex are living proof that language skills matter in interplanetary relationships.

It's a very good skill to have.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    A very nice day :)

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

Now enough of me and my recent struggles. Here about Lucien and his current struggles:

Chapter 5: A history of violence

The nightmares fade as the years pass. There is no use in looking back. I have found a purpose, a goal that is worth all that I have been through. My secret idols continue to show me the key to a meaningful existence. Agathos loves serving the community and Narthex has dedicated his life to serve him as his master valet. If I can put my life into the service of something that is so much greater than I am, as they do, then I will simply be too busy to think about the past. Lisiére, my grandfather, all will fade away into the background. Besides, the universe needs me.

Whenever my busy schedule allows me to, I ride out with Isabeau. My step-sister loves to be outside. During one of our excursions a month after her eighth birthday, we discovered a salt lake. It became our magical place. Even though the water is smelly and sticky she likes to swim in there for hours on end. That proves to me that she is a real desert creature. Cold and stench are no reasons to stop her from jumping in.

Today, on her ninth birthday, I lure her away from the city.

Alezan sat me down only yesterday and told me that he wants the Riwalan line to end with her. Therefore she is to be denied the rituals of the bohemiéne. She must not be soul-bound to a bantha calf. I pleaded to be allowed to watch over her.

Isabeau is slightly ahead of me with Crépuscule, my own mount’s twin. Her chestnut-brown hair flies in the wind, unbound, and her silken garments are torn. She is wild and free and happy. My sweet desert rose.

Why should I burden her with a soul-bond? It would not be fair to her to cage her in such a way. Especially if the bantha forced a man on her who was as unrelenting as my grandfather.

I give Argent the spurs and sidle next to her. “Do you want children?” I ask without preamble.

She looks at me with big eyes, before bursting out into laughter. “No, I rather have a fresh womp rat for lunch after our ride.”

“That is not what I meant.” I roll my eyes. “I was talking about in the future.

Isabeau wrinkles her nose. “I hate children. They are noisy and smelly and the serail is full of them. I can't understand why anyone would keep them, let alone create more! Why do you ask?”

“Just something that Alezan mentioned to me yesterday,” I reply, which is not a lie.

“Does he want me to marry one of his business partners?!” she exclaims, affronted.

He just wondered if you could ever turn into somebody with motherly instincts.”

“Certainly not,” she sniggers.

No children then. That was easy. I am glad that Alezan’s decision would not be met with future resentment.

Around my eleventh birthday, two dramatic changes take place. My voice begins to crack at odd times, and I am finally introduced to Telenn. It took Alezan a long while to seek her out in the open desert. I forget all my education and stare at her with my mouth wide open.

Telenn is an almost two metre high Elfin woman with blue skin and black hair. It is so black that there are actually green shades in it. A pair of red eyes stares at me. There is no white in them at all. Yet was distressed me more is that she is completely naked.

“Master,” she muses and kneels down before I can prevent it from happening, as know I should. Then, her entire clan follows her example.

Embarrassed, I look unto the crowd of kneeling Asrai. They are as naked as their clan leader.

A tiny smile greets me. A boy, who is about my age, does not lower his head with everybody else.

I quickly befriend Enderv. He loves animals as much as I do and shares my interest in other languages and cultures. He is strong in the Force.

While I teach him to fight with a weapon made of steel, he introduces me to something that he himself calls 'face dancing'. He can change his entire body into that of another personality or even into that of a desert hawk.

I have no talent for shape-shifting into any type of animal, but I soon manage to turn my features into those of important persons in my life. It costs me a lot of energy though. I am impressed with Enderv and his advanced skill.

What is more pleasant is that every member of Telenn's tribe can play an instrument. It is in their Elfin nature to be talented musicians. And they are all willing to teach me whatever I desire.

Skipping all my other duties, I am eager to learn the violin, the tin-whistle, the bag pipes and the harp. My fingers do not disappoint me. They are more than the delicate instruments of killing allow me to produce beautiful sounds that can move others’ emotions.

Telenn leaves me be most of the time. Alezan has told her what happened to me and I sense that she feels guilty for it. Protecting the son of the Skywalker is an honour for her that she is already too late for. She clings to my father Dealg’s teachings about the Force to guide her life.

“We are luminous beings, master, and not crude matter.”

Strange that Telenn says so. I actually feel like crude matter most of the time. The teachings of my grandfather turned me into that. Weapon training, learning languages, music sessions and animal care are but mere temperamental distractions. They entertain me while I am busy with them. But they cannot make me whole. It is only when I am connected with the Force do I feel complete.

The next three years are spent with my new friends and followers. They drift away on the intricate strands of music I learn to play. I manage to keep Isabeau in a protective bubble away from the knowledge that I am an assassin of the Brotherhood of Shadows. I sense that soon, they will trust me with special missions, the profession of Force witch hunt. I did not lose my life as my four uncles did during their training. They were not worthy; I will be.

Now and then I also do not feel worthy, but I keep myself busy. To stand still means silence. Silence holds the danger of reflection. There is nothing that I want to reflect on.

I speak more than ten languages and all of their various dialects fluently. The politics of the twelve Amnionian city states and the rituals, rules and interests of monarchy of the god queens of Cunabula are as familiar to me as the Holy Scriptures. My knowledge about cultural aspects, history, geographic and economics is equally inter-planetary and comprehensive. It is marvellous to have all that knowledge and the understanding of the power it lends me.

I play six musical instruments and can kill a person without being in the same room. This is helped by the fact that my features can mould and change on demand, though truthfully, that skill remains a taxing one I seldom make use of. It feels wrong.

The only thing that I fail at is being able to stop Isabeau's crying, no matter what the reason. My step-sister is a teenage girl of barely thirteen now. It is not important to me whether she is dressed as a lady or roams the desert with me in her travel outfit. What I cannot stand is her distress over some meaningless wordsor a slight mishap. I always feel better when I see her smiling.

This means I have to physically threaten my cousin, Zouave, just before I leave the planet for a secret Inner Council mission. It is the last thing I want to do, and I almost fear for Isabeau’s safety and ability to be without me. This is the first time I’ll leave without any notice. I know that it will not be the last.

(To be continued!)

Because I do not know about @Mando-Man & @Gkilkenny I will keep my reader list this short now:

@SWpants

@Nyota's Heart

@DarthUncle

@earlybird-obi-wan

@Lady_Misty

@Hazel

@Tyranus230

@Shadow_Master_W

@Admiral Volshe

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Azure: I like Isabeau's reaction [face_laugh] and Lucien's prowess with musical instruments :cool: ... I am very fascinated by Telen and her race. @};- Have a very unstressful weekend. [:D] [:D]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice update to see Lucien with Isabeau. have a good hunt this week for a new apartment[face_dancing]

18. Tyranus230

Tyranus230 Jedi Master star 7

Feb 16, 2005
    I like Isabeau's reaction. :)

Luminous beings statement is quite a good one.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I love to see Lucien and Isabeau @};-

I can sympathize with you, DRL has been kicking my butt hard.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Many many hugs

The nightmares fade as the years pass. There is no use in looking back. I have found a purpose, a goal that is worth all that I have been through.

But I don't like that goal.

Today, on her ninth birthday, I lure her away from the city.

See? That word lure means everything

While I teach him to fight with a weapon made of steel, he introduces me to something that he himself calls 'face dancing'. He can change his entire body into that of another personality or even into that of a desert hawk.

That's a scary yet neat skill.

I actually feel like crude matter most of the time.

Ugh, don't we all.

I don't like his reluctance to meditate. He KNOWS he hurts inside but refuses to face it. No wonder he turns more psychotic

21. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    I love the comment about how we are luminous beings not crude matter simply because I believe that it's true that what makes us who we are is light while our physical bodies are made of crude materials.

Some women say they don't want children but they fall in love when they see or hold another's child.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

I wanted to give Lucien some very cool skills worth admiring. For me people who can play an instrument are real heroes, @Nyota´s Heart.

As for Telen and her race: I wanted them to look a bit like the Chiss race. As for my last weekend, it was very stressful after all, because I went on-line flat hunting. Actually, I was busy flat hunting the entire week and will also hunt down flats like a mad person this very weekend... sigh! This is why I update right now. To have something else in mind, while my kitchen fairy (= my husband DarthUncle who visits from the Netherlands) takes care of me. I may be a care taker, but I am so bad to look after myself nicely at times.

The situation is still very dire and complicated, @early-bird-obi-wan. I give you a buzz when I am back from the Netherlands.

Sometimes I am a clever person, Tyranus230. I wanted to have some reference to the SW universe in my fic now and then.

Dear Hazel, I hope that my story will not break your heart sooner or later. Because in the end it is about something I rather hate about male beings: the inability to communicate nicely.

I had to do some SW quoting here and there, to show the readers that we are still somewhat in the SW universe, Lady_Misty.

About your remark concerning children: This is what exactly happens to Isabeau, she falls in love with all the off-spring of the Tjiehennet family.

Okay, it is update time again, before DarthUncle & I are roaming the streets of Germany´s capital for decent flats. And for now I turn off the TV that is on in the background, because after being with the father of my ex for 5 years I hate the story of "Little Lord Fauntleroy" by Frances Hodgson Burnet. Real life is so different.

Draconis. Home of the Ophidea, a species that is half human and half reptile. The sword of revenge will wipe them out one day. The royal family Tjiehenet in particular will pay for all the war crimes committed on my people. Their god queens are bloodthirsty monsters with hearts of stone, so I have learned.

There is nothing to fear, nothing to worry about. The Force is my ally. With me, the Brotherhood of Shadows sends their most promising candidate to fulfil their wishes. The mission is simple: bring them the cursed tongue of a Force witch. The rest of her body is not required. I am to get rid of it by whatever means I deem necessary.

I am dropped off in the middle of Ceilonwyn, a great forest area of the Northern Hemisphere. Of course I have seen countless illustrations and holograms, but to experience a real forest is an exciting event. There is so much lush green, so much life that makes itself known. The Force is omnipresent in every rock and tree that I pass. I am humbled by so much beauty and majesty. The desert is so simple compared to this, so rough and empty. Here everything is rich and vibrant, distracting in a good way.

While I walk between the old, proud, trees I ask myself how it would be to live out here on my own. No duties, no people. Isabeau could visit me once in a while with Alezan and Minou.

Unfortunately, Telenn and her clan would be very unwilling to step on Draconian soil ever again. Not after the results of the Star Wars. They are through with the Ophidea and with the other Elves. But perhaps I can persuade Enderv to live with me. We could live in a little cabin, reading books, making music and playing chess.

My grandfather has taken a lot from me in the past years, but I still have my dreams. They are not all about revenge, blood and gore. But I still know that such innocence is impossible.

I listen to the wind going through the tree tops. What a soothing sound. I want to visit this forest again. It makes me sad that Force witches pollute this planet with their presence. I would like take every single one of them out personally. Using the unnatural powers of the dark side of the Force is inexcusable.

I travel for three days and three nights before reaching the foot of the Saxum Lucis, the Stone of Light. It would be a fitting name for this mountain if it was not the property of the god queens. They stole it as war booty centuries ago. What a disgrace.

Waiting for a Force witch around here is not a lengthy trial. I am sad that it has to be a young Elfin maiden, but it cannot be helped. She has fallen to the dark side of the Force. Death is now her only redemption. I catch her in the act of burning a boy with Force lightening. I will not stand by and watch such an act of torture.

With my scimitar drawn, I fly through the air and take her head. She dies without even knowing what happened. I rush to the boy. He is also of Elfin origin. By humanoid standards he is not in his teens yet. His body is badly burned by the evil energies that hit him. There is nothing I can do for him. He is beyond my Force healing skills. In an act of compassion, I sweep him into my arms.

Despite all his pain, he manages a smile. “Are you an angel?”

Yes,” I lie.

My mother told me that the Force would send an angel whenever I am scared,” he mumbles, while blood runs out of his nose and the corners of his mouth.

I am here now,” I assure him.

His brave, little smile widens, and that almost makes me cry. “Is dying difficult?”

I improvise. “Initially, yes, but then you leave all your pain and suffering behind. Even your fear. Only then you can become one with the Force.”

Will my mother be there?” he asks, shyly.

I think of Lisiére being somewhere out there in the Force. For the little boy, I can only hope that his mother will not let him down as much as I was. “Of course,” I breathe.

For a single heartbeat his small face lights up. Then there is only darkness and emptiness. He is gone.

It has been long since I last cried. But I cannot help it. Life can be so cruel for very little reason. Lisiére never had the chance to even start her life in the first place.

Much later, I manage to erect the funeral pyre for the boy. But I will not mix the ashes of his murderess with his. She does not deserve such kindness from me. Not even in death.

Ever since their arrival on this planet thousands of years ago, the Elves have been afraid of being buried. The god queens of Cunabula taught them that bodies that are dead can be made to rise from the cold ground. Necromancy is one of the main sins of the daughters of the Holy Isle.

I am busy digging a deep grave when I become very alert to the presence of a powerful Force user. Instinct makes me drop the shovel and I rise my hands slowly, my palms crackling with energy.

[​IMG]

A tall Elfin woman, unnaturally pale, appears in front of me. Her eyes are alight with the fire of the dark side.

Pray, little kitten, have you lost your way?”

I am no kitten,” I snap back, on the brink giving her my name and status. I decide against it, as she makes me uncomfortable. There is something about her that is not right. I feel it blood-deep.

When I say that you are a little kitten, you are one. Do not argue with me.”

I fly straight into her open hand, helpless.

Her fingers, crackling with Force lightning, tighten around my throat. My Force shield is too weak to hold up against her brutal strength. Dark energies make my entire body tremble. I haven't learned how to resist such powers.

Could it be possible?” she muses suddenly. “Could it really be possible?”

I convulse in her grip. Her fathomless eyes pierce my soul. They change in colour so that her yellow iris is now as black as her long raven hair.

She draws me closer until the tip of my nose touches hers

Why can't Father keep to himself? Always this obsession with women.”

Father. That is the last word that I really hear before I black out.

(To be continued!)

My update list:

SWpants

Nyota's Heart

DarthUncle

earlybird-obi-wan

Lady_Misty

Hazel

Tyranus230

SHADOW_MASTER_W

Admiral Volshe

Ewok Poet likes this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_nail_biting] Quite the cliffie there at the end. I noticed the blend of cold brutal mission focus with compassion and also the love of the forest. Lucien is, if nothing else, a bunch of contradictions.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lucien is sweet when he has to deal with the boy. Leaving us with a cliffie is evil;)

Nyota's Heart and AzureAngel2 like this.
  25. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    The sword of revenge will wipe them out one day. The royal family Tjiehenet in particular will pay for all the war crimes committed on my people. Their god queens are bloodthirsty monsters with hearts of stone, so I have learned.

:(

Using the unnatural powers of the dark side of the Force is inexcusable.

Shut up. You essentially do the same thing.

I catch her in the act of burning a boy with Force lightening. I will not stand by and watch such an act of torture.

*Sobs* now that...That I don't blame him for in the slightest.

Life can be so cruel for very little reason.

Yes.

I don't like how he keeps focusing on Lisiere's death. It's been so many years and he was a newborn. I understand it's a scar that'll never leave but he keeps coming back to that as if that's what his life focus is about. It's disturbing and annoying.

“I am no kitten,”

No, but you're a P so there's little difference.

Nyota's Heart and AzureAngel2 like this.