main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Humans.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by SithLord-Will, Apr 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLord-Will

SithLord-Will Jedi Master star 3

Mar 2, 2002
    Cantena, The Bar Club, The senate. Humans are everywhere. I use the term Human in reference to Homo-Sapien. But does this mean that Humans are the dominate species in the SW saga?

2. xSithHappensx

xSithHappensx Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    It's anyone's guess. My gut says no though--and that's a pretty safe bet considering the vast number of alien (non-human) species we've seen. Twi'leks, Mon Calamari, Kaminoans, Neimoidians, Geonosians, Hutts, Ewoks, Wookiees, Jawas, Tuskens (to name a few) are all non-human. And I'm sure their homeworlds are just as populated as the human ones. It's just that the story we're told centers mostly around humans.

The Geonosian population alone is enough to convince me that humans are outnumbered. And the fact that Anakin is the only human who can race pods is evidence that humans are not the most advanced. Perhaps they are most adaptable though, which is why they appear in many different climates and ecosystems.

I think the diversity of the Jedi Council is a pretty good representation of the ratio of humans to other species throughout the galaxy. That would put humans at slightly over 10% thoughout the galaxy. But that's just a guess.

3. MetalGoldKnight

MetalGoldKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    True, but out of hundreds of different species, being around 12% of the galaxy's population is pretty good. Plus I agree that humans being the most adaptable species would explain why they appear on so many different worlds- how long do you think Geonosians would last on Hoth?

The one concern I have is that in ANH and ESB, humans seem to make up around 85% of the galaxy's population, which seems almost ridiculous. And the few aliens we see are almost always criminals and bounty hunters for some reason, which makes it seem even more like humans are by far the dominant race of the galaxy. True, you can chalk a lot of it up to the fact that special effects at that time probably wouldn't have been able to handle putting in a bunch of alien species everywhere, but it still kinda feels weird in comparison with the rest of the saga.

4. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    The Human's Dominate the Core Worlds... Exspecially after the Emire Takes Root. They are the Superpower... The Richest, most influential 6%. They don't have the numbers... but they have the power.

5. ForceHeretic

ForceHeretic Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    Humans are definately the most dominant species

Palpatine and Volorrum, the two leaders of the republic we see are human. Padme and Bail are both leading members of the senate, both human. In the alliance, Mon Mothma, Leia, Jan Dodonna, Bail Organa again, Crix Madine, Reeikan, Luke and Han. All leaders of the rebellion, all human. The only non-human we see with much power in the alliance is Ackbar

In the Empire this is even more true. All non-humans were discriminated against and some races were even enslaved. Only humans were allowed into the military, and this must mean that humans have larger numbers then other races otherwise how could one race rule over so many. I don't think clones could be the only answer, they take so long to produce and only so many can be made at once, I don't think you could get enough clones to take over the entire galaxy, you'd need a lot of recuits

Even though non-humans, at least in the alliance and republic, are treated as equals; when it comes to power the humans are at the top of the food chain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.