main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Humor... Return to Sanity(Discussion/Challenge/Index)* Sep 22, *New Topic/Challenge*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Son_of_Nut, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaronCoop

BaronCoop Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2006
    Whew! It's been a while (sorry, been going through Major Life Changes, but the surgery went well, and soon you will be able to call me BaronESS Coop. Damn hormones.), but is there a new challenge here? I noticed the rumor challenge, but that was a little while ago and I notice no one is writing it. I personally don't have any ideas for that one (all my situations that I can think of tend to get resolved in about three paragraphs). Anywho, I'm back for now, though posting might be sporadic (learning to type with these nails is TOUGH)(also, for the sake of those easily confused, I am NOT having a sex-change. Unless my wife really IS slipping me hormones.)

2. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Welcome back Baron!

I am NOT having a sex-change. Unless my wife really IS slipping me hormones.)

For a minute there, I thought you were posting your response to the rumor challenge! ;)

3. BaronCoop

Mar 28, 2006
    Hey! Not a bad idea! Except, like I said, this one got all wrapped up in about three paragraphs. Kinda like a shorter sitcom!

4. BaronCoop

Mar 28, 2006
    Ok, I know this sin't in response to any challenge here (it was on another thread), but it IS humorous, so I thought I might post it here after all. Again, if there is a problem with it, I will edit and remove with muchos gracias and blah blah blah. Enjoy!

Where Are You Now

5. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    [face_laugh] Oh My Gosh! Baron...that is hysterical!!!!![face_laugh]

6. BaronCoop

Mar 28, 2006
    Thank you. I love using Obi-Wan as the straight man. He's perfect for it. (when he's not tossing people in lava.)

7. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    my apologies for letting this die. my computer died, then i had to get a new one, and i lost all of my notes for this... and everything. a royal pain, that's for sure. then i moved, and i finally got past that, and am about to get back into... well, everything i had to drop.

loved the story coop, and thinks for keeping this as alive as it's been...

now, onto a new topic.

[b]TOPIC[/b]

What do you think about morbid humor? Is it really appropriate? How can it be made so if you think not? How can it be used in an appropriate manner? What is an appropriate manner to use it in the first place? What's the craziest situation that you think it could be used in?

[hr]

also a new challenge...

[hr]

[b]CHALLENGE[/b]

Morbidity in the House...

Ok... there's a wedding between any two SW's people (keep it TOS friendly) but everyone is treating it like a funeral, even the bride and groom.

Must have:

A Casket delivery
    Flowers
    Someone saying "What were you thinking?"
    Ice Cream Cone flying through the air...

8. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Oh Trimaj [:D] Welcome back! So sorry you've been going through so much, but we're glad you're here and on-line again.

Morbid humor. Although I like some, there just seems to be a fine line that you have to really be careful with. Too much and it comes across as pyschotic, too little and it is just odd. I don't write this kind of thing well, but can appreciate it.

I might give the challenge a try, who knows maybe I've grown as a writer. :rolleyes:

9. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    *hugs back* thanks JP, tis good to be back.

agreed, there is a fine line... and i have very little clue what it is, to be honest. anyone have one?

i'd love to see your response regardless JP, and yea... you've probably grown as a writer since your last try. that does tend to happen.

10. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    So glad to see this back, Trimaj! :D

As for morbid humor... I agree with Jade_Pilot, you have to be careful with it. It can be a little psychotic. I don't think I've ever really used morbid humor before. Just something I don't write. Hmm...

Anyways, I might try the challenge. Goodness knows my muse needs exercising... :p

11. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    the muse can always use some exercise idrelle:p

tis good to be back.

i definitely agree that it can be a little psychotic... but where's the line? how is something like shaun of the dead funny when that's all it really is, morbid or black humor?

12. BaronCoop

Mar 28, 2006
    Ok, I tried (I really did) to write a morbid story, but MAN, they kept coming across as WAY too morbid, so instead I wrote this. I don't know how morbid it is, but there ARE a bunch of deaths (506 actually), and it IS funny. Does that count as morbid?

Dark Lord of Sith Inc.

Enjoy!

13. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Oh my gosh, Baron! That is great! =D= And I DO think you got the morbid part down just right.

Bravo! =D=

14. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    how is something like shaun of the dead funny when that's all it really is, morbid or black humor?

I think a lot of people, when it comes down to it, are scared about the whole idea of death. Morbid humor makes death...not so serious. Or something like that.

Just my opinion. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.