main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts "Hunted" - Star Wars Squadrons CG Short

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth_Accipiter, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    a separate promotional short movie for the new Squadrons video game

2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    He should've used his ejection seat instead of going down into the water.

Maarek Stele is badly missed.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Maybe the electronics were compromised after the TIE took laser damage.

4. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Always love getting things from the Imperial POV. And especially when the Imperials are portrayed as highly skilled, professional and capable.

Hope this time the Imperial campaign won't end up with the main protagonists defecting to the New Republic few missions in like in Battlefront 2.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Just considering the timeline of Squadrons, I wonder if it's possible they might squeeze in a bridge to the BF2 campaign. If I'm not mistaken, the events of Squadrons takes place right after the Death Star II explosion.
    Iden Versio was still with the Empire at that point, but defected shortly after. Personally I think it would be cool if they gave even a brief nod to her by name or even a more general name drop of Inferno Squad.

6. R4-D4

R4-D4 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 6, 2003
    Besides Hunted and the Old Republic cinematic trailers, were there any other similar cinematic trailers or shorts for other Star Wars games?

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    No other short films that I can remember, but there have been some cinematic trailers, even for smaller games, like this one for Uprising:

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  8. R4-D4

Mar 6, 2003
    Ok thanks. What are the others?

9. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    There have been plenty. This comes to mind:

It includes a bunch of footage that isn't from the cutscenes in the game. I think there were some cinematic trailers for Battlefront II, and the The Force Unleashed games as well.

R4-D4 likes this.
  10. R4-D4

Mar 6, 2003
    Why is Hunted catagorized as a short while the others are trailers? Is there a difference?

11. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, Hunted is a short film - telling a short, but complete, story related to the game, while the others are trailers, similar to movie trailers. Setting up the stories of the games without telling full stories.
    The TOR cinematics are somewhere in between the two I'd say.

12. R4-D4

Mar 6, 2003
    Yeah the TOR felt like shorts