main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Hypothetical Star Wars Netflix Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Charon Lefleur, Jul 6, 2015.

1. captainkenbo

captainkenbo Jedi Padawan star 2

Dec 21, 2014
    I think something with smugglers or bounty hunters would be good and not terribly hard to do. Take notes from Firefly :p

Also I stead of like a group or crew like Rebels, have a dynamic duo type thing going on..

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  2. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Hoe about a lone hero in star wars for once. One who doesn't have the luxury of friends or fleets at their beck and call. A loner who isn't an insane baddie? A Han Solo type character but without the wookie sidekick
    We know there's a superhero trend going on so how about a show about a rebel vigilante who attacks the empire but no one knows who they are and are known simply as "the (insert cool name)" and as the series goes on the vigilante is reluctantly inducted into the larger alliance and the problems this poses.

3. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Some different ideas, not all of them specific to Netflix:

1. Create 10-15 minute unrelated short films done in a variety of styles (some could be 2D animation, 3D, live action, etc.) by different directors. Each film is a standalone tale that can take place anywhere in the timeline, but cover an important event. E.G. one could be a film about Coruscant falling to the Sith and Mandalorians in ancient times, with Pre Vizsla's ancestor attacking the temple. Another could be about Dooku and Sifo-Dyas. Another could be about the Bothan spies. Another could be about Father, Son and Daughter leading up to them withdrawing to Mortis. Another could be about Palpatine killing Plagueis. Another could be about Ahsoka during Order 66. One could be about the prelude to the TF invasion of Naboo, with Sidious contacting them for the first time, etc.

These films could be put in front of theatrical releases from LucasFilm, Marvel, and other Disney films. Because let's be honest, this would attract Star Wars fans to films they may otherwise not see. I mean if Marvel makes a film like Ant-Man and is unsure of how well it will do, slap a Star Wars short film in front of it and do the same with other films, giving each a unique short film, such that you have to go see all of these movies to see them all, kind of thing. Kind of like the Animatrix. These short films could then be compiled later and released on Netflix as an anthology.

2. A show about an Imperial soldier that actually has good intentions and believes the Empire to be a positive force, but that becomes privy to Imperial secrets and cover ups and becomes jaded, initially reporting such things to his superiors, believing that he is reporting criminal activity, but in reality is revealing that he knows too much. This guy (or girl) gets labeled an enemy of the state, and then it turns into something of a thriller where there are good people in the Empire as well as people out to suppress him, and so he doesn't know who he can trust as the Empire might lay traps for him, threatening the families of his friends, to force his friends to draw him out, etc. This wouldn't be a show about rebellion or fighting the Empire (no stormtroopers looking incompetent here), but a show about a guy on the run from an unstoppable Empire that has betrayed him. A show more about survival and less about fighting for freedom or greater ideals.

3. A show about the war between the Sith and Jedi that had occurred in the past (and culminated with Darth Bane and the Rule of Two). This would be the most appropriate avenue IMO to give fans their Jedi vs. Sith fix, instead of saturating Rebels with pseudo-Jedi and Inquisitors.

4. A show about some smaller criminal entity in the Star Wars universe that gradually increases in power over the course of the show. Have it focus on the criminal element and focus on an original character that is able to navigate the political landscape between competitors like the Hutts and the Republic or Empire (depending on the era) and eventually establishes itself as a major operation. IMO I think it would be interesting even to set it in the 1,000 year period prior to TPM, and to have it coincide with the decline of the Republic (i.e. at the beginning of the show the Republic is in the Golden Age and functions well, while by the end of the show, the Republic is more like what we have in the PT, with interest groups using their influence and wealth to better their own positions). It would also be a chance to bring in new Sith characters. Not Plagueis and Palpatine, but to show a predecessor of theirs that, like Palpatine, has a public persona and is trying to alter the political climate of the galaxy. Perhaps contributing to the decline of the Republic, the advantage of said criminal, and helping to create a climate that Palpatine could then take advantage of later. The cast would be almost entirely new, except with possible cameos or mentions of characters like Jabba or Yoda.

4. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    Very good. Although it would be good to see the Empire doing good as well. Certainly in the days immediately following ROTS and then gradually evolving into the dark forces we see by ANH. But it would be cool to see good guys in it who try to do good things. Maybe young people who believe they are doing right and become dissillusioned.

5. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Personally I don't think the new canon will ever portray the empire as the "good" guys it'd complicate things too much for the little kids. Therefore an empire TV show would probably feature imperial atrocities mixed with evil ideals[face_devil]

DarthTalonx likes this.
  6. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Can't wait to see TV series, won't have to wait between movies.

Rumor has it that there are 3 live-action TV series in the works for Netflix.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  7. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    As I mentioned earlier, I think a series focused on an Order 66 survivor should be made. Set during the dark times, and an ex-jedi very different from Kanan. And besides the survivor, no other force sensitives should appear, and no lightsaber duels.

Often when we are given force users, we get ligthsaber duels (films, TCW, Rebels), but this should be the opposite in this hypothetical series.

The survivor could not even have a lightsaber anymore, and have to rely on other methods (or if he/she does have it, it isn't equipped on the body).

Sure we already do have a show focused on Order 66 survivors. But with "Rebels" we get a survivor finding another of the old Jedi order, a new Jedi, Lightsaber duels, a focus on darkside vs lightside, and the theme of Empire vs Rebellion.

A show focused on a survivor that has ceased to be a Jedi and has given up fighting the Empire, simply trying to stay of their "radar",make a living and getting no aid from good force users. All of this would give us a far different experience then Rebels.

Unlike Rebels, it could also be a more local show. Of course if the survivor decided to become a smuggler, etc, that could call for more settings. However for budget reasons, I wouldn't be surprised if a Star Wars Live Action show, kept to a more local area.

Also the Empire should not be the enemy. I wouldn't mind seeing references to them, but to help differentiate from Rebels, the survivor should not be fighting imps. Criminals/pirates, etc would make a far better enemy for a local bases series.

The show should also be darker then Rebels.

And instead of being a white male human as the survivor, it should be an alien woman.

8. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    Do a Clone Wars series that goes into so much more, highlights more balance of victories between the Republic and CIS and shows us way more Jedi more often, so that they also get expanded on in depth.

Davak24 likes this.
  9. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    [​IMG]

10. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    A clone commando series- All you need is four suits of unique clone Armour and have them go on covert missions so there won't be any large scale battles or armies. Thereby reducing cost and props.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    And they all get to be done by the same voice actor!

12. Delta-7

Delta-7 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 24, 2002
    The only Netflix-type series I would really love to see is "The Old Republic". With all of the canon in that era getting taken away, they can pick and choose things that work (like they are with the Post-RotJ). As of right now in Canon we know very little: The Sith Empire was a thing (and I imagine that it will look different than the TOR version (which I do enjoy that game)), they at one point ruled the galaxy for an undetermined amount of time, and were eventually wiped out leaving only Darth Bane.

Now I think it would be cool too have a century spanning series (with aliens that age like Yoda, I imagine that we can have some characters make it through much of the series).

-Start with the original Sith leaving the Jedi and establishing a new Order after a short civil war.
    -Have the Sith Empire take the Republic by surprise and take over the Galaxy, almost wiping out the Jedi and leaving the remnants of the Republic military in exile.
    -The Sith can start devolving to infighting and war among themselves (saying a show is like "Game of Thones is so pastiche but I imagine we can get some cool backstabbing and betrayals)
    -Have a "Revan" type character that starts Jedi, falls to this Sith and eventually rises to help defeat the Empire.
    -Finally the Jedi "Strike Back" and defeated the Empire and the Sith to a single man "Darth Bane".

Obviously these are just ideas that I think are cool, but in my biased opinion this would make for an amazing show (or a movie trilogy : D)

13. mercer590

mercer590 Jedi Padawan

Dec 18, 2015
    Current rumors have Netflix developing 3 shows set in the Star Wars universe.

put your thoughts below of what you wanna see these serieses be about?

14. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    mercer590

I merged your thread with this one because we already had a discussion on it in this existing thread.

15. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    I highly doubt the Old Republic will be explored on television because I really believe they may make movies out of it. My ideas for TV shows are:
    1. Pre TPM show the start of the decline of the Republic. Focus on crime syndicates and corruption consuming Coruscant and the Republic.
    2. A police procedural. Really bizarre but it could work. Focus on the Coruscant Police Department (or a cooler name) and their fight against high profile crimes.
    3. Star Wars Underworld needs to be made!!

darklordoftech likes this.
  16. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I figure they will get to the Old Republic eventually, but at this rate it probably won't be for a looong time.

Part of me suspects that they will wait for TOR to finish its run. So far as I know, it is the only story from the old EU that has been allowed to continue. And it seems like there has been an increase of players following The Force Awakens. Pablo has said that the game's story is no longer canon, but if the game is turning a profit (and I actually think what Bioware has done with Knights of the Fallen Empire has drastically improved the game), I can't imagine Disney overriding that time period with new material just yet, even if TOR isn't canon.

Also with Episodes VIII and IX, Rogue One, a Han Solo spinoff, further seasons of Rebels, it seems like for the next four years at least we will be staying in the OT-ST eras when it comes to Star Wars films. Beyond that, who knows if they will move onto X-XII, or what direction the spinoffs will take.

But unless the comics and novels get the green light to start developing the time period thousands of years prior to the films, I don't think we will get anything Old Republic related until post-2020.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd love this so much. I've always loved the story of the Republic's decay and eventual transformation into the Empire as well as the story of the Sith conspiracy, so I'd love seeing how the Republic's decay began. We know that mind tricks work on the "weak-minded", so maybe the Sith find Senators who are on the fence about whether or not to accept bribes and mind-trick them into accepting bribes.

AmidalaLover likes this.
  18. AmidalaLover

Aug 19, 2014
    Depending on how far back it is they could also have cameos of a young Obi-Wan, younger Qui-Gon, and maybe even a young Mace! For the syndicates I would like to see the Black Sun, the Pyke Syndicate, and maybe some of the Hutt Cartels.

19. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    How about a series set around a Waystation located near the asteroid belt only revealing its Alderaan near the end of the first half of the two part pilot episode?

Not everyone could leave the system and since ROTJ they've been trying to adapt to their new situation using the mining and salvaging of the remains of the planet as their main resource acting as a hub with the station built up out of salvaged ships and a few mining stations interconnected to make it more inhabitable.

So even has various factions including say a number of faiths based either on ancestor worship, cults based on the Jedi or Sith something that can be adapted more into if they can get a series approved.

The pilot should make the place sound generic so it should come as a shock when the location is revealed but it should involve attempted smuggling that's detected and is almost thwarted but infighting allows them to get away leading to the selected cast being sent to investigate the source of the artefacts the smuggler escaped with and we get a brief flashback of Alderman's last moments and show that some of the cast have links dating back then perhaps revealing an aging clonetrooper is head of security but the mission is subverted revealing Black Sun and maybe an Imperial Remain is involved as we learn the real reason why the world was blown up opening up the idea that maybe Tarkin's Death Star merely set off a long forgotten weapon cache which is what blew up the world something if learned might make things more interesting to find out what weapons were in there and are there others still undiscovered and remain in good enough condition to be reverse engineered?

It doesn't even need for the Empire to be the main villain and any Jedi would naturally already be well hidden could reveal the New Republic didn't trust any force users making it more likely they stay in hiding since it doesn't sound like Leia was any safer by the time of TFA?

Use this opportunity to explain the parts they didn't in the movie be the Agents of SHIELD of the Star Wars CU but less over the top cgi and more characterisation and story!

Yes Alderaan was supposed to have no weapons but what if THEY didn't know there were well hidden caches deep beneath the surface?
    All it would take is for the secret of their existence to be lost say during that ancient war and Tarkin accidentally igniting one such cache imagine what if Tarkin DIDN'T intended to blow up Alderaan and he kept quiet so he could get his own Agents to investigate...
    Now that revelation on top of Leia lying would make his anger alot more understandable if he thought she helped set him up wouldn't it?!

20. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I imagined the decay of the Republic began centuries before the birth of the human movie characters, but I'm with you on the syndicates. Maybe we could also see the decline of The Exchange.

AmidalaLover likes this.
  21. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014
    I believe Star Wars shows should always be animated. While that may turn people off, it does allow Star Wars to be Star Wars still. If you do live action, then you have to build sets and work on a TV show budget. And I'd rather not see Star Wars fall down that hole.

daniel brown likes this.
  22. BombBurro

BombBurro Jedi Padawan

Dec 28, 2015
    Old Republic would be badass, to bad Disney makes it. You could get pretty dark with it.

“You’ll know you’re making real progress on the Sith path when you go from being suicidal to homicidal.” Darth Revanus

23. AmidalaLover

Aug 19, 2014
    True point.

BombBurro and darklordoftech like this.
  24. Micro_Chip

Micro_Chip Jedi Knight

Aug 10, 2011
    I would really love to see a retelling/ adaptation of the Star Wars Legacy comics. I know a lot of it will no longer fit into canon but remove the Vong and replace One Sith and WHAM! We have a series (I know it's not that easy). I would really love to see the Imperial Knights done in live action.

If not that then just make Star Wars Underworld. Apparently they had 50 hours planned (probably 2-3 page outlines of each episode) but place Ronald Moore in charge and we'll get a FANTASTIC series... So long as someone else writes the ending, old Ronny boys not so great with endings.

Forgive me if I've taken this the wrong way but you realize Disney owns Marvel who this year put out Daredevil and Jsssica Jones, both had VERY dark scenes and were adult without being gratuitous. Disney has little to do with it, Disney gives Lucasfilm complete autonomy.

25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd love to see Sith in between Bane and Plagueis. I wonder what species they would be, what they would wear, what their positions in galactic society would be, etc. Maybe one is a Neimoidian and founds the Trade Federation, one is a Skakoan and founds the Techno Union, one is a Muun and founds the Banking Clan (this wouldn't be Plagueis), etc.

Darth Dreadwar and seventhbeacon like this.