main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hypothetical (yet possible) Fanfilm Project..add your name/skills HERE!

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by terrycooper, Jan 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terrycooper

terrycooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2001
    Count Cuckoo - computer Graphics,
    Terry Cooper (me) -design and actor 1
    Terra - actor/actress? (sorry, dunno) 2
    Tatooine..
    My 8 year Old Daughter - Jawa 1

..copy, paste and add to the list!!

2. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    Last time I checked, I was male.

I don't think we should be limited solely to that location - with some quick recon, script dependant, there's plenty of scope for other locations.

What camera equipment would we use? My digicam is available, if nobody has anything better...

3. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Oh, additional-

We could also count a few of my friends in, as while as the guy I mentioned previously, if it looks as if this might actually happen...

AND, again, if this gets going, we could try and recruit a few SW England JCers.

4. terrycooper

Nov 8, 2001
    Sorry, Terra, wasn't any indication about whether you were a m or a f.

My older brother, who is a BIG SW fan, has acess to a broadcast quality camera (Canon XM1) and editing software, it's just a matter of trying to get him to either help us out, or lend it out, but it won't be easy..

Plus, my flatmate does CGI and compositing for a living! Big Blue & Green screen studios in fairwater, and he's great at CGI spaceships...

BUT! (there's always a but!) He ISN'T a v.big fan, and the facilities he has access to is a commercial studio, so it might cost a bomb, so until I know more, we'll round up other alternatives, ok?

Re: locations.. the gardens behind Cardiff Museum are a bit 'Naboo', and there are some nice architectural areas down the Bay where talking scenes could be done. But if this did go ahead, I'd want to try and capture that 'really real' SW feel that is missing from most fan films, TROOPS is the exception, it just looks like it was filmed in 1977, at the same place.

Anyway...let us ponder on!

Tel boy

5. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    There are plenty of empty fields we could use for filler scenes, great news about your contacts!
    That'd make it a lot more professional-looking!

We can ask in the prop/costuming forum for anyone living close enough who wants to help if it looks like it'll happen :D

6. terrycooper

Nov 8, 2001
    I think the first thing to consider is gathering up all the resources that we can count on, THEN writing a story. Although this might sound a little assbackwards, for a film based in the SW universe, where there really is no limit, it's the only practical and logical thing to do. heh..like Qui Gon says..

"Your focus determines your reality.."

Which basically means.."Your assets determine what sort of film it will be."

So, we need to gather together: props, costumes, (masks) models, locations, equipment and post production facilities,
    actors and actresses.

So, let's have a really good think and see what we can come up with. I do a lot of writing, and I can put something together, once we know what we've got to work with.

I quite like the idea of keeping away from the usual Jedi/Sith/Lightsabre fight film, as it really has been done to death. Lightsabres and Jedi are cool, and I wouldn't wanna exclude them from a film, but let's not make it the main focus point, whadda you say?

7. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Sounds good.

I have 1 Plastic Lightsabre, gee, how professional am I? :D

I also found that throwing CDs at a guy with aforementioned lightsabre makes for a good Jedi training scene! :D

Hehehehe!

8. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Anyone else?

We seemed to be losing the initiative on this project :(

9. noggins

noggins Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    This sounds interesting... do you any storyline laid out yet? I've written a lot of fanfic in screenplay format if any help is needed with that

10. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    When I said I can do things on the PC, I didnt mean CGI. Sorry guys, but that is far too advanced for me. Anything else you have going though I will be willing to help.

I can do almost anything when it comes to sampling and mixing audio.

P.S. Noggins your Episode-X site is fantastic.

11. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Sounds good still, Cuckoo :)

I think morale and plausibility would go up if we had at least the beginnings of a story...

12. Count_Cuckoo

Oct 15, 2001
    Noggins has said that he can write screenplays. Terra, you should ask him if he would be so kind to help here.

13. noggins

Nov 29, 2000
    Yeah, I'd be glad to help out. I'm working on a prequel era fanfic novel at the moment but I can easily stop that for a while to work on a script.

And thanks for the praise Count_Cukoo but Episode-X is mainly the work of Tai-Zec, Ternian and toochilled - I'm just an admin on the boards...

14. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Well Noggins - looking at what we have, and pending everyone's input, think you could knock a VAGUE outline out?

As an actor, I best play dark characters...cynical, you get the idea.
    Real age = 16, but my playing age can easily be up to 20, dcript dependant. I'm pretty good with fleshing out dialogue as well :)

15. terrycooper

Nov 8, 2001
    Hi chaps...

Things are moving along. This is GOOD! The speed doesn't matter at this stage, as long as we all pulltogevva and think it thru well. Here's the opener of my own fanfic story:

STAR WARS : LEGENDS
    PART ONE

A SHOW OF FORCE

In the dark days preceding the demise of the Old Republic, the mysterious Sith have begun to aid Darth Sidious in his quest to destroy the Jedi once and for all.

All over the galaxy, there is mistrust and confusion, as Jedi Knights begin to fall victim to the Dark Side?s followers. In a similar fashion, unknown thieves have managed to steal The Book Of Su-Lakk, a sacred relic, from the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.

Jedi Master I?tham Dy?ra has retrieved the book, and is journeying back to Coruscant with it, when he is tricked into landing on the planet Kamiliaa, to answer a call for help, but the Sith are watching, and waiting for the time to strike?

*thus ends the opening crawl..wanna see it?email me, I've done my own version in Flash5*

Act one: setting the trap

The planet Kamiliaa hangs in space, blue-beige in appearance.

From overhead, a medium sized spacecraft flies, heading for the planet. Inside, the pilot, a blue protocol droid silently steers the ship into the atmosphere.
    In the background is a silver case and beside it, on the floor, sits a figure, humanoid in shape, wearing a thick brown hooded cloak. Cross-legged, the passenger sits in silent meditation.

A light flashes among the controls of the ship, and a distress call is heard over the ship?s speaker system.
    The language is unknown, but the droid piloting the craft translates to his master:

?Sir ? We are receiving another transmission from the surface. Whoever is sending it, is repeating their request for urgent assistance, and is sending landing coordinates?

The figure stands up, and walks to the front of the ship, where he removes his hood. It is Jedi Master I?Tham Dy?ra, a light green skinned Gyllarian, with bushy orange whiskers. He looks at the planet ahead and contemplates a course of action.

?I sense a feeling of urgency. Fear, but not panic. Nonetheless, I cannot ignore this. Take us down to the planet.?

?Very good, sir. Shall I use the coordinates that have been sent to us??

?Yes? but not exactly. It would be wise to exercise caution here, until we know the nature of this emergency.?

The ship lands in the middle of a dusty plain. From a high vantage point, two figures, armed with laser rifles, observe.

Once the dust has settled, the hatch opens, and the Jedi walks down the ramp, unaccompanied, and hooded once again. He unclips a small silver device from his belt, and activates it. The device beeps and gives directions to the source of the distress call. Dy?ra speaks into the device, which is picked up by his droid pilot.

?T 3PO? Remain with the ship. I will investigate the call, and return shortly, do you copy??

The droid responds.

?Yes sir. I will keep this channel open. Please use caution, sir.?

?I intend to, 3PO, thank you. Out.?

From the high hillside, the two figures split up; one levels his rifle directly at the lone Jedi.

Dy?ra looks around quickly, feeling that he isn?t alone. A small tremor in the Force alerts him to this fact, and he barely has time to whirl. A blaster bolt speeds towards him, but with lightning-fast reflexes, he draws his light sabre, and swings the green blade at the bolt, which ricochets off into the distance.

The would-be assassin fires again and again, trying to hit the Jedi anywhere, but the Gyllarian is too well trained. Finally, Dy?ra directs the last ricochet back at his attacker, blasting him squarely in the chest. The sniper tumbles back with a yelp of pain.

Noticing the second attacker running across the ridge, Dy?ra sets off in pursuit, but the hill makes for a difficult climb. Dy?ra reaches the body of the sniper only to see the other speeding off into the distance on a swoop bike.

Dyra gets a call from his pilot once again:

?Sir? Are you all right? I detected blaster fire.?

?I am unharmed, 3

16. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Perceived problems:
    Droid?
    Alien Master?
    Swoop bike?

Just off the top of my head, these are things which I think would make this difficult to do.

I was thinkin of incorporating two young jedi being trained in the middle of the Sith revival - one turning to the dark side, and the conflict between them....Your idea, however, is better thought out - I just see those obstacles in making it.

17. terrycooper

Nov 8, 2001
    Right... I wrote that story with an animation in mind, but things are 'tweakable' and changeable.

Alien Master - A mask.

Droid? Costume. I've made costumes in the past, not impossible

Swoop Bike? One full size prop, one CGI bike with CG rider. I know how these can be done. Again, not impossible.

The way that the story continues, is similar to your idea: The Jedi Master is kidnapped and held hostage. In a nearby village, A Master, Cal-Bau Molaan, trains his young female apprentice, Yuma Sinta, in the ways of the Force. They both feel a disturbance, and investigate the disappearance of master Dyra. As the story progresses, they team up with the droid and finally face Darth Karnag, the Sith Lord responsible for the kidnapping. It is there that the apprentice faces the temptations of the Dark Side, risking everything..
    sound ok to you?

18. Count_Cuckoo

Oct 15, 2001
    I say that make up would be better than a mask for the alien master. Some scary looking things can be done with make up, just look at Michael Jackson.

:p

19. noggins

Nov 29, 2000
    It's definately a good idea... what sort of landscape has this planet got? Where would we film it?

20. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Do I get to wear a dress and wig and be the young female apprentice? :D

21. Count_Cuckoo

Oct 15, 2001
    So now we get to what your real reason for making this film is Terra. :p

22. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Damn - busted :(

23. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Well I just finished a short film project (short as in 41 seconds - available s a file just over a meg!) which came out pretty well, and I was wondering where the initiative went for this project??

24. Count_Cuckoo

Oct 15, 2001
    Myself, I think that it would be a good idea to get a script/plot together after we see AOTC. Then we could make a film which is in between Ep2 & Ep3, which may have relevance to the story.

Only my opinion though.

25. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    we should c it togehter and make it a fan foce thing

and yes, ia m drunk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.