main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hypothetical (yet possible) Fanfilm Project..add your name/skills HERE!

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by terrycooper, Jan 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    UP!

We should sooooooo still do this :p

2. darth-hayn

darth-hayn Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2002
    Well I don`t have any film making skills but this sounds like fun and you can count on my full support.

3. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    What we need is a simple plot, taking place on a planet only, I'd guess....

4. Antigone_Maroon

Antigone_Maroon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    Wow this sounds so cool. I'd do set and costume and act.... if you want.

5. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    As much as this is a good idea and would be a lot of fun I don?t think that this would ever really happen. I wrote a fairly long e-mail to this guy aver a month ago, trying to get some ideas and development moving, but he has failed to reply and I can only assume that his project was just a passing thing.
    However, this does not mean that we cannot put something together. I?m sure that if we all really wanted to do this then it could work. However, anyone planning to make a fan-film must remember that it?s a little more than dressing up in costumes and having a lightsaber fight. The pre and post production work would be time consuming and arduous to say the least and I?m not even going to think about the special effects that would be needed to pull something like this off.
    However many people have done just that and I feel that Wales needs its own little slice of the Star Wars Galaxy (outside of the Millennium Falcon in Barry Docks that is). So if enough people show an interest in putting a project together, then I can think of no reason why we couldn't do this.
    So, what does everyone think? Am I on to something or just rambling on like a mad man?

6. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    To what guy?

I think it's possible - main thing is to have fun doing it. A friend and I have a very good program for rendering lightsabres - if we don't get too ambitious beyond that, a small film would be very plausible

7. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I sent the e-mail to the guy who originally posted this message, one ?Terry Cooper?.
    You (Tara) know way more people here than I do, so I?m sure that if you were to put out some feelers, more people would be willing to be felt up if you (or someone like you) were to try and put together a fan-film project.
    I think the key to this movie would be to keep it simple. A desert or forest planet (God knows in Wales a forest planet shouldn?t be a problem) and a relatively simple plot involving a small amount of characters. If things were to go well on the first feature then I see no reason why we couldn?t expand and do something bigger for a (possible) second.

P.S. Castle Goch would make a GREAT Naboo castle. Just a thought, but I think that every time I pass it on the A470.

8. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Terry's a good guy - just haven't seen him post hereabouts for a while, which is a pity...I know a couple people who'd be interested. If anyone could think of a half decent plot it'd be easier, since we'd know who and what we need.

My idea was 2 apprentices being secretly trained as the Emperor's purge hangs over everything. One turns to the Dark Side as his friend and rival starts to surpass him - he's turned in a sabre battle, but the usage of the force in the battle atracts Vader's attention - this could be hinted at by "a disturbance in the force..."

Any other ideas?

9. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I was thinking something more along the lines of the current movies. It would be a nice change if we were to stay within the current timeline (ie, Anakin and Obi-Wan) rather than go for the original trilogy, which the vast majority of fan-films seem to have done.
    The relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan has plenty of scope for ideas and revelations, I mean after all they were barely on screen together in Attack of the Clones. How does this strike you as an idea? The big showdown between Anakin and Obi-Wan at the end of episode 3. We could pre-empt the actual movie version by 3 years and I feel it would be interesting to get some of our own ideas of why Anakin turned to the dark side down in our movie before the actual reasons become know (and if anyone reading this knows any spoilers of how he does in ep. 3, please keep them to your self).
    Its just an idea now, but one that has a basic outline already set up for us, all we have to do is fill in the blanks and we could have a really cool, dark and powerful fine fan-film on our hands.
    So what do you think?

10. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    I'd make a much better (and eviller lookin') Anakin than that Hayden :p

Using existing characters is hard...

11. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Well, this may sound a little strange to you but if you check out the message I posted a while back (its on page 2 now) you will see that I think I could make a pretty good Anakin. As for Obi-Wan, he shouldn?t be too hard, a beard and a wig would make any guy look like him really. The action shouldn?t be too hard to film either, some snappy pieces of dialog, something along the lines of ?You?ve held me back long enough master, now you will see my true power?.
    I could knock something up in work tomorrow I suppose, a basic outline of the fight and build up. Although the action takes place at a volcano I don?t really see this as being too much of a problem. If we film on an elevated area then it would be fairly easy to get some small paper fires (don?t worry, this would be carefully organised before hand) to give some smoke that would double as the volcanic ash and just film around (or use special effects) for the rest of the action.
    Picture this if you will, Anakin and Obi-Wan stand atop a Volcano, smokes bellows around between them. They look at each, knowing that one of them will not be leaving alive. They ignite their lightsabers (the smoke would make the lightsabers look extra cool) and battle to the death.
    I can probably knock up a script in a day or two, let you know roughly where I?m going with this idea. So expect an email from me shortly.
    Any ideas of what could happen in this dual to the death would be greatly appreciated.

12. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Anakin would have to call upon the powers of the Dark Side to almost defeat Obi-Wan....perhaps the spirit of Qui-Gon could assist, as we hear a ghostly "ANAKIN - NO!"

Then Sidious himself could recover the young Anakin's body from the volcano :)

13. Ismene-Resin

Ismene-Resin Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2002
    I can make tea...

14. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    LOL @ Ismene!

Excellent :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.