main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I AM MOVING TO LOS ANGELES

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, May 29, 2011.

1. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I love this new romanticized image of Boston as a haven of organized crime and bank robbers. It makes the city seem more exciting!

I think I can understand what she was getting at. When I moved to LA I noticed that, in general, people were a bit more forward and uninhibited about certain things. I wouldn't necessarily say that Boston/New England is more moralistic, though, because SoCal really encompasses the extremes (Hollywood falling at one particular end of the spectrum).

The issue of neighborhoods being "civil" is a different matter. I live in Dorchester and have worked in Roxbury, so living a block away from the USC campus in LA was somewhat idyllic in comparison. :p

2. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Lol I was in fenway and allston.

3. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    Well, same neighborhood then. I suppose you did say sometimes. Or L.A. is horrifying.

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Attention naysayser:

At 5am this morning when my friend woke up in Escondido, it was 22 degrees outside.

Here on the coast, it is currently 38 degrees at my apartment and 59 inside of it.

I hate you all.

5. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I'm resurfacing this to see status and say that I'm in for Dec 28, but working 29th and 30th. However that plays into the big picture.

6. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Greg, if you come out for a SoCal visit when I happen to not be here, I will murder you.

Then again, after this year I will probably have a job and never have time to leave so I will be here anyway.

Then again, I will also murder you anyway :)

7. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Can someone explain this to me -

I was waiting in the arclight for a movie and then just wandered outside with my dude, and there's this empty red carpet there with a tiny line of papparazzi and gwen stefani is standing next to me. So we looked at her, then we looked at the papparazzi and fans hoarded behind the barrier things, and then around at a couple of other stray pedestrians just standing there with us next to her...and there's like, no big crowd, nothing crazy, her bodyguards just ignoring us standing there. So we left for a bit, came back and wandered inside, and there's brad pitt standing there just waiting around next to us. I stared at him angrily just like I did stefani, because I didn't really know what to do and I couldn't just ignore him or his performance in mr. and mrs. smith. Is this normal, are people around here just so used to brad pitt and the rest that no one will show up to the premieres or give a crap? There was seriously no security at this at all, and barely any fans, and the only fans that were there were blocked off like cows - but everyone else can just wander on by 2 inches away from the celebs?

8. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    Well, it IS Los Angeles after all. Celebs walk everywhere in LA. I used to work in Beverly Hills and went into Starbucks, stood in line, and I didn't even notice who was in front of me, standing in line also, until she turned around. It was Meg Ryan. I was like...oh, hey it's only Meg Ryan. lol I don't like acting like it's a big deal, I just ignored the fact that she was in front of me. And the celebs appreciate being treated like regular people. It was still kind of cool.

9. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    I meant like, an empty premiere that lets you walk right next to the celebs. I've met plenty of celebrities in everyday things around here, that's normal. This I just found to be odd.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I am making my triumphant return at the end of next week. Does anybody want to do anything?

11. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Yes, I almost knocked Michelle Trachtenberg into traffic as I walked past the Chinese Theatre a few years ago. Hurrying down the street to some event. Seems weird but there you go.

12. R2-DK

R2-DK Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2011
    How did they react to your angry staring?

13. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    They didn't notice me. I'm a nobody.

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    But, you're small... you're lucky he didn't try to adopt you for their collection.

15. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

If it's something done on a Friday, then yes.

The NBA lockout is over![face_dancing]

16. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Yeah, what's the range of days in question?

17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Last two weeks of December and first week of January.

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Lisa! I have a free ticket to Disney that's good until New Years. It's yours if you still want to arrange a trip. :D (Well, the ticket itself's only good for Dland, so if we want to go to DCA, we'd need to pay the difference. But still).

19. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Yay! Thanks for the offer but I think Dad did some sort of monstrous package for us so I'm pretty sure I'm covered but this reminds me that we need to pick a date! Any of the three days works for me so its up to y'all and your work schedules. We only have 1 vote so far for the 28th (which would prolly be my most difficult day since I don't know when we're getting to the park that day but its the only day Lowie can come so we can make it work if it works for others!)

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Well good, cuz Jello stole my ticket. :p

21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    And by "steal", she means that I asked her after reading Horsey's post. :p

22. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    The later the date, the more likely it is for me to come. If anybody CARES.

23. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    For this Disneyland meetup, my vote is for the 30th.

The Lakers got screwed by the NBA (at the moment).

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm going to be in Hollywood tomorrow. What should I do while I wait for Lowie?

I'm tempted to go watch the Muppets at the El Cap, just for the preshow.

25. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Ugh, I would give anything to live in Allston. Try living in Dorchester!

I know it's not L.A., but there's a good chance I'll be in Vegas and Arizona around New Year's time. If any of you folks happen to be in the area.