main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist I attempted to recreate the Phantom Menace poster art

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by CEB, Feb 14, 2017.

1. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    Speed painting here. My next one will be a recreation of Drew's phantom menace poster using traditional media.

This took 100 hours over four weeks last year (the thumbnail doesn't show the finished painting, it gets a lot more polished by the end)

2. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Wow, that's fantastic - I especially liked the glow effects of the reds, yellows and oranges on the character faces. :D

3. Jax Nova

Jax Nova Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 22, 2014
    Oh good gosh... O_O

If you are not already making a living selling your art you should be! That was extremely impressive.

CEB likes this.
  4. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    Thanks. I'm not yet making a living, I draw when I get spare moments, though I'm hoping to change that as I'm going back to uni later this year (as a 36 year old) to do an illustration degree.

Currently I'm working on a recreation of Drew Struzan's iconic TPM poster

HanSolo29 and pronker like this.
  5. Jax Nova

Jax Nova Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 22, 2014
    Well, I know the art industry is hard. Some who make it lack talent and some who have lots of talent just don't know the right people. I tried to get into music professionally for nearly 10+ years and it's the same way... just never knew the right people. (I would like to think i was good enough I could have made it if I had known the right people... lol)

Well, here is wishing you the best on your university degree and furthering your art. It really is very impressive. I've drawn (tried to draw) quite a bit when I was younger and I know how hard some of it can be!

6. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    ...using Drew Struzan's methods, and using the same source photos he used where possible, so that I was effectively recreating it the way he did it in the first place, rather than copying the finished artwork (aside from having it as a signpost to where I was taking it)

I've been working on it sporadically for about six weeks, an hour here and there whenever I could spare it.
    Hope you like it

7. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
    Looks great! =D=

pronker likes this.
  8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    CEB

Nicely done! It's a great tribute to such an amazing artist – I love it! =D= Do you have any plans to work on any of the other posters?

I also seem to recall that you did a poster for TFA a while back; I would love to see you branch out and do some original compositions for the other films as well. ;)

9. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Brilliant work! I've been wondering how you were going for this project and the end results is amazing!

Thank you for showing each stage of development, it is fascinating to watch it grow and take shape.

I'll combine your previous thread with this one. That way all your works can be showcased in the one thread for everyone to see them all and including future ones all together. :)

CEB likes this.