main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I bought them all! The ships...the figures...even the Legos! (New acquisitions part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Apr 15, 2005.

1. GrandWarlord

GrandWarlord Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2003
    Acquired the blue Tantive IV Titanium ship...very nice! Probably one of my favorites in the titanium line......

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Postie brought an Amazon US order containing the 2008 Saga calendar, Last of the Jedi #8, and The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader.

3. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Got the TAC McDroids in Forbidden Planet on London yesterday. For (what I reckon was) a reasonable £15. I was aglow with geekish joy!

Still am, actually :p

Passed on the rest of the overpriced figures though...

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Found a SW 2008 Heroes and Villains Calendar in a local calendar shop. That's 2 different 2008 SW calendars now as there is also a Saga 2008 18-month one. I don't know if this one is a UK exclusive though. I haven't seen the Saga one here yet - I got mine from Amazon US.

5. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    TAC Stormtrooper & a "Greatest hits" Imperial officer.

6. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Ultimate Galactic Hunt #16 Darth Vader :D

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Postie brought a box from Amazon US today containing Clone Wars Adventures 9. Talk about a packaging waste - I ordered four books and they are sending them in three seperate boxes. This is box 1 of 3. (And I did check the option to group my items into as few shipments as possible. Also all the books bar the new Republic Commando one were in stock).

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I got the other two boxes of my Amazon order on Saturday and today. Ssturday's was the new SW A Pop-Up Guide to the Galaxy book. Today's was the new Republic Commando book. Why do they publish a ton of stuff in November when my spare time is tied up doing NaNo?

9. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Past Month: Revan, Malak, McQuarrie Vader, McLeia, McHoth Trooper, McSnow Trooper, Hermie, Jedi Hammerhead, Quinlan Vos, Mara & Luke, Sith Infiltraiter and an Autographed picture from Dave Prowse(Also a picture of me and Dave Prowse as well!) plus a few more alien figs I don't know the names for....................

10. urbnns

urbnns Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2007
    Aren't McHoth Trooper and McSnow Trooper the same thing?

11. urbnns

urbnns Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2007
    Oh, by the way, finally found my Orange Pit Droids two-pack. Been looking for that thing for about 3 weeks now. I even found the variant grey Clone Commander with the Sandtrooper rifle!

Now all I need to find is:

Green Clone Trooper Officer,
    Clean Battle Droids two-pack,
    Fourth Sandtrooper variant,
    and the latest wave of 30th anniversary basics with the Concept Rebel Trooper.

12. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    No, one is a concept Hoth Rebel Trooper(with McQuarrie's own face) the other is a concept Imperial Snow Trooper.

Cool, I picked up the grey Clone Commander with the rifle recently too. I didn't know it was hard to find. Now that I think about it though the one I snatched is the only one I've ever seen.

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Postman just brought my next two SW figurines. Lobot is #55 and 4-LOM is #56. Upcoming in #57 is Bossk.

14. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    The postie delivered my McStarkiller-Hero, Malak and Revan today from Play. Judging by the creases in the cards, I'd say it was a struggle to get them through the letterbox [face_plain]

No matter, it's only McHero that I'm keeping carded, and she's not too badly bruised. I can only hope that when Hermi arrives, it'll be a doorbell job...

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Luckily I was home when the postie delivered so he didn't try to cram the figurines through the letterbox.

16. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Bought the Darth Reven figure. I made a promise to ban myself from buying SW figures unitl hasbro produces a decent Palpatine/Sidious fig. Plus the GI Joe 25th is way more intreging:D

17. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    My friend dropped off the McVader he grabbed for me the other day, so now I'm just looking for th McStarkiller and the McConcept Han.

18. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    w00t! Hermi Odle arrived in the post today from Play. And, as above, not with a totally mangled bubble, but if you imagine what happens when you put an unprotected carded figure into a bubble-envelope and send it through Her Majesty's finest... yeah, it's a good jop I'm an opener. :p

Anyhow, it's a seriously sweet figure, and he's going up right next to Ephant any minute now :D

19. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    Found the McQuarrie Rebel Trooper, Padme and Destroyer Droid.

20. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    Found a second McVader today at Wally World, but seing as I already have one, I'm seeing if any of my FF buddies want it.

21. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Found the A-Wing Pilot & my first Mcfigure "out in the wild"... Concept Han Solo. Guess I was too late for the Smuggler Lando & Torture rack Han though :(. The Concept Han & the A-Wing Pilot are pretty sweet.

I also saw the "Force ghost Anakin" and to paraphrase Darth Vader from 'The Empire Strikes back' "Impressive... Unimpressive."

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Parcelforce brought a package from Tim. It had a UGH Animated Boba, POTF2 Boba (red card) and some of the YA SW books. I had some of them already (the Fett ones) but there were a few new ones. (It was a set offered on eBay).

23. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    I picked up both the Hoth and Endor Target Ultimate Battle Packs this past Sunday, and my Sideshow Bespin Luke arrived in the mail yesterday.

24. GrandWarlord

GrandWarlord Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2003
    Acquired Titanium Kit Fisto Jedi starfighter, Darth Vader TIE Advanced (white), and Trade Federation Battleship.....Also comic book two-pack with Baron Fel and Hobbie Klivian which a pretty lady bought for me [face_blush]

25. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    My McSnowtrooper was delivered today from Play. :)
    Usual amount of minor bashing around the top of the bubble, but hey ;)