main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[I can't believe it took me a day to post this] Your Dallas Mavericks Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by ApolloSmileGirl, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Everyone that knows me, knows I'm a diehard fan and loyal season ticket holder. They had a ugly start, but like the Suns have bounced back lovely.

Go Mavs, and I heart Dirk! :) [face_love]

2. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    Dirk's a beast and one of my favorite non-suns players in the league.

Our teams will probably face each other again in the postseason to break the 1-1 tie from the past two years. :p

3. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    Both of those playoff series were so incredibly nailbiting, chills run down my spine just thinking about it. You know my feelings on Nash, and I really hope Amare's performance last night indicates his how well he'll play this season. Being that you just know that the Suns and the Mavs are going to end up in the playoffs(barring a plane crash with members on both teams on board), hopefully they'll meet. :)

4. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    Mavs have won 6 in a row, looking for 7 straight tonight! :D
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Arcee-D2/turk.gif]

5. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Dirk is a poo poo head

6. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    They gave poo-poo head the Western Conference player of the week. :)

7. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    that's only cuz Thabo doesn't play in the West.

8. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    The Mavs are my second favorite team behind my Sixers. I still can't believe that they blew the NBA finals this year. Oh well, hopefully they'll get back there again this year and win it all (provided their opponent is not the Sixers (which will not happen)).

9. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    Seven in a row! :D

We're playing the Spurs friday night, and I hope that now that the team is gelling so much better(they have a lot of new players), they'll give the Spurs a better game and hopefully win. :)

10. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004
    =D=:D=D=

~Liar, lawyer, Mirror for ya, What's the difference? Kangaroo be stoned, He's guilty as the government~

11. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
  12. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    Nine in a row, and still on fire! :)

13. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004
    I missed the game. :(

~Liar, lawyer, Mirror for ya, What's the difference? Kangaroo be stoned, He's guilty as the government~

14. RealMadrid

RealMadrid Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 28, 2005
    Your team is playing incredibly well right now Juli! Props to them, and hopefully they can keep it up and repeat their way back to the NBA Finals and hopefully win this year.

15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    wow ... 10 in a row ... simply an amazing run. kinda fun to follow.

16. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    Do you hear what I hear?

11 in a row, and that's without Dirk, after the first half of the first quarter. :D

Oh yeah, they took first place in the SouthWest division, too! [face_dancing]

17. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    I really should make mention that the Mavs are on their second winning streak, of the season, of ten or more wins in a row. Not bad, considering they've only played 31 games so far.

Also, Avery Johnson is the coach quickest to get to 100 wins in a career. 100-31. :D

18. Boomer_Athena

Boomer_Athena Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    [image=http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Johnson_Avery_dal_051229.jpg]
    [image=http://i.eurosport.com/2006/05/14/277834-1079131-458-238.jpg]
    [image=http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nba/dallas/JHowardDal.jpg]
    [image=http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2005/11/20/PH2005112000017.jpg]
    [image=http://www.cowboysplus.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/misc/wallpaper/img/mavericks/0301terry2_800.jpg]

Dallas Mavericks have gotten their third winning streak of ten games or more, tonight. Only the fourth team in NBA history to have ever done so. After they went 0-4 the first four games of the season, they've gone 45-5. There's only one team in history that's had a better 50 game stretch than that, and that was 46-4.

The Mavericks demolished the Heat tonight, probably not the only team that will be doing that in the foreseeable future. They were up 32 points at the beginning of the fourth quarter, though they eventually won 112-100(due to Avery Johnson pulling out all of his starters and putting in his third-stringers) at the end.

The win was bittersweet though, because I really wanted to see the Mavericks have another crack at D-Wade, especially since chances are very slim that we'll see them again this season. :(

19. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    I'm really more Dirk fan than a Mavs fan, am I still welcome? :D

Now at their 3rd 12 game win streak of the season, best record on the league. Really on an amazing roll. Hopefully they can stay healthy for the playoffs.

So can someone explain to me how some guy at espn.com has nevertheless concocted a power-ranking formula that has the Spurs at number 1?

20. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    The Mavericks became the first team in NBA history to fashion three different winning streaks of at least 12 games in the same season. Eleven of the 30 current NBA franchises have never had a single 12-game winning streak in the history of their franchises: Charlotte, Cleveland, Golden State, Indiana (as an NBA franchise), L.A. Clippers, Minnesota, New Orleans/Oklahoma City, Orlando, Toronto, Memphis and Washington.

That's pretty crazy.

But the streak ends Thursday. ;)

21. Boomer_Athena

Nov 8, 2006
    It could very well end tonight, if they are without Howard. We're already missing Buckner and George, and they would normally be the one's picking up the slack in a Howardless game.

As for the Cavs, didn't the Miami Grandpa squad beat them without Wade, the other day? :p

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Yes, but I choose to blame those hideous orange throwback jerseys they had on. I doubt anyone could play at a top level in those! :p

I'm super excited for the game Thursday, though. The Mavs are my second-favorite NBA team, with my favorite owner, and it's on national tv, and I've just about cleared my schedule for it.

23. Saruman-the-White

Saruman-the-White Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 1, 2005
    But those jeresys match your colors. :p

I think something has to be done about 'accidental' contact on the part of the defender when he's in the way of a shooter's landing: the shooter cannot brace himself for the impact.

24. Boomer_Athena

Nov 8, 2006
    Yeah, Avery Johnson made some strong insinuations last night during his press conference. This isn't the first time this has happened to one of his player's this year, hell it's not even the first time it's happened to Howard this year.

I hate to accuse any player of doing something intentional like this, but if they did, it would go beyond the definition of dirty play.

25. Saruman-the-White

Saruman-the-White Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 1, 2005
    Bruce Bowen is probably the most notorious perpetrator of that technique. Isiah Thomas was pretty upset about it earlier this season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.