main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC I confess

Discussion in 'Community' started by solojones, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I've seen three of the Twilight films at the movie theater (to be fair, it was to take my then underage nephew who was obsessed with the books). Will never see the last two, nor read any of the books.

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Oh I've seen all the Twilight movies. Not in theatres, but at home. My brother and I watched them and laughed our asses off.

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I stole my niece's copy of Just Dance 2 and I've been crushing it. Dancing to "It's Raining Men" makes me feel like a sexy weather goddess.

This is the best way to love a person, btw.

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I....enjoy the Twilight films (except for New Moon). They're trashy fun. Breaking Dawn 1 and 2 have gorgeous cinematography.

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Twilight is about as close to being "overhated" as anything gets. Like, literally not worth the effort people put in to hating it (and I was not innocent of this for a long time). It's bad and made a lot of money. Whoop de ****ing doo.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    tom and Juliet316 like this.
  6. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    I had to watch the first twilight film for my literature class. I mean it was easy to watch at least. Only thing I liked was some shots of the treescape, looked cool, and the baseball game during a thunder storm. Funny that would be the game Vampires liked. Surprised parcheesi wouldn't be it.

7. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    I'm 48 years old, and I like Minions (I think they're so adorable!). And I like to over-use emojis:p (though that doesn't really require a "confession" since anyone can tell that from most of my posts, particularly the ones I make outside of the JCC. I do try to control my emoji impulses a bit around here.)

Master_Lok likes this.
  8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    You're right. Let's hate the bad copyright-friendly Twilight fan fiction that also made a lot of money.

9. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Can't we hate both?

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I confess I can't think of a single cool confession..

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I enjoy hate-watching movies. Which reminds me that I need to watch the last Alvin and the Chipmunks movie and post a review of my gradual mental traumatization.

12. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Have you seen the Room or Freddy got Fingered? I've only seen the reviews.

13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Dude, stop wasting time worrying about 50 Shades and go watch The Room; what are you even doing?

14. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I voted for W in 2004

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I saw Goody Proctor with the devil...

16. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    One of my favorite hate-watches ever was one of The Force Awakens I shared (virtually) with two of my JCF pals.

I also enjoyed hate-watching The Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy.

17. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I made phonecalls for his campaign in 2004, because I needed the community service hours. And I was a stupid teenager.

Darth_Furio and Luke02 like this.
  18. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    I'm busy. I don't have time to play football in a tuxedo like you.

19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    There is no such thing as too busy for The Room.

Luke02 and Ender Sai like this.
  20. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I genuinely like Dune, the movie made by David Lynch.

21. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I think this thread is for embarrassing confessions. That's not embarrassing at all!

22. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    As do I. I love it a lot.

Almost ASMR quality with it.

3sm1r likes this.
  23. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Good point. I hereby retract the first part of my post above, since this is not at all an embarrassing confession here in the JCC:p:

24. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    I get a bit emotional watching Anakin and Padme's romantic scenes.

25. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I've never seen the movie, but I've read the book and I think it has genuinely dangerous messaging about abusive relationships. At one point, Edward tells Bella that the reason he's sneaking around and not wanting to be seen publicly with her is that since he might lose control at some point and STRAIGHT UP MURDER HER he doesn't want to be seen as an obvious suspect. And she is okay with this. And it's not that, he might lose control and such; it's not even just that. He is right up front with her that he wants to kill her. Every time he's with her, he's thinking about killing her. And we're supposed to find this romantic. Honestly, that goes beyond, "it's bad and made a lot of money." I would still think that element of the book is horrible, even if it was only adult women reading it, but it's not; it pisses me off that teenage girls loved this book and got that message, the message that the threat of impending violence, impending death even, is exciting and romantic. I'm fine with hating Twilight. Twilight deserves to be hated.

Diggy , Rew, Darth Punk and 3 others like this.
  26. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    From what little I remember from the film adaptation of the original Twilight, he mentions being afraid he'll lose control, but I don't remember saying that he didn't want to be an obvious suspect if he killed her. But then again, I was only half paying attention, because, as I said, the only reason I was there was as a family obligation.