main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Don't Feel Very Welcome....And Yay For Me....

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Korppi, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QueenMother_LK

QueenMother_LK Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2009
    Happy Birthday!!! [:D]

The JCC is full of haters. Bottom line :p So don't worry about it. [:D]

2. Korppi

Korppi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2009
    Skiara - It's a little intimidating to say the least(I'm not intimidated by you though Skiara or LK). LK was the first person I talked to through PM and asked questions :D Also, I added you to my watch/friend list, I hope that is alright.

QueenMother_LK- Thank you! It's appreciated! [:D]

LOL I kinda noticed that :p

3. MasterMonkey13

MasterMonkey13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 19, 2008
    Glad to see that you like the WNU! It's a great place! I still don't go around the YJCC much, only when I have to, and that's not often. :p There are some nice people there, like the Mods, but I just have a hard time fitting in. On the bright side, there are TONS of other boards to explore!

So, I know you like animals, but what kind do you have? You may have already said that, but if not, then I was just wondering. I have a dog. He is 11 years old and has survived parvo and is currently living quite healthily with congestive heart failure. He's a surviver. ;)

4. Korppi

Apr 26, 2009
    I've kinda hung around the Fanforce boards too. :)

I have two cats(orange tabbies) and a Russian dwarf hamster(black). Dusty is the oldest and it's also his b-day along with mine today. he just turned 14(apparently that's 126 in cat years, someone was telling me that). The other is Akira and he's about 3 years. Kage(caw/gay) is my Russian dwarf hamster and she's I think 3.

Congestive heart failure? That's so sad D: I hope he's okay.

5. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    Disclaimer: This is opinion only, don't take my opinion personally.

I know what you mean. That is a social thread and people just post whatever they want, regardless of peoples feelings. The YJCC is kind of a clique, and its very hard to get into. They love jokes over there, and thats fine, but it can make new people who haven't been around that uncomfortable, which is understandable. It's upsetting that you feel unwelcome, but seriously, there are a lot of really nice people on these boards. Steer away from those places, I say.

Happy birthday btw :) I hope you have a good one!

6. path-seeker

path-seeker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2008
    Happy birthday, Korppi - and many happy returns! [:D]

[image=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/139/379431197_eb5b484d42.jpg]

*passes around more cake*

7. Korppi

Apr 26, 2009
    tahiriveilax - Ah I am somewhat over that now. And since it was my b-day, I feel much better :D

Thank you!! It's appreciated that you've wished me a happy b-day. And yes, I did have a good one. It was actually one of the best I've had in awhile :D

path-seeker - Thank you!! <3333333 *Eats a piece of cake* [:D]'s all around.

8. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    That's great :D [:D]

9. Korppi

Apr 26, 2009
    Yep!! [:D]

10. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    I would make you feel comforted, but it seems many others have already done that. Btw, Despised1's opinion is a bit more heated than my own view of the YJCC...but it's close. I basically view it as the same, but that's just my opinion.

Enjoy the rest of the boards! But yes, good forums to go are: Star Wars Community, Expanded Universe Community, Role-Playing Forum, or Any of the Fanfic Forums. That's just me and what I like though. lol :)

Btw, cool to hear your views on the environment and animal rights (well, you just said you had them anyway). I may not be as big into them, but I do have opinions myself. Heck, I work at a Veterinary Clinic after all. :p

11. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I agree that you have to have a thick skin to post in the JCC. I go in there from time to time. I think years ago it wasn't as bad as it is now.

But here at the WNU forum we are a good bunch. This is my first stop as soon as I get on the JC. (Yeah, I'm dating myself... I still call it the JC, while all the newbies (i.e. people who have registered after me :p) call it the JCF. Just doesn't look right to me.)

Sorry, I go off in tangents. :D But Happy Birthday! :cool:

Here is a pic of my sister's dog who lives with us:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/JarJarJedi/Pets/DSC_0561.jpg]

12. Korppi

Apr 26, 2009
    Darth_Elu - Really? Thanks!!

JarJarJedi - Thank you!! Your sister has a very nice dog :D

13. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    Welcome to the boards. :)

Don't worry about the haters, there are a lot of nice people here, especially in the WNU.

14. Korppi

Apr 26, 2009
    Icestar63 - Thank you!! [:D] *giggles* You guys are the nicest so far :)

15. Darth_Cadaverous

Darth_Cadaverous Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 2008
    Ahhh, I sense hate and anger....good. Now use it too your advantage. *Going deeper in the force* Good, I can sense the dark side in you.

Welcome Korppi, to the most wonderful place in all the boards. I am Darth Cadaverous want you to know that having fun is more important than being upset with others here. I am sorry that I missed your B-day, but I was having problems with my communication device. Yes folks, I am back and beware!

If you ever have questions or want someone to talk too, I am here all the time...per say...or just ask anyone we are all here to help. Good luck and may the dark side be with you. (Not sorry Jedi :p)

16. Korppi

Apr 26, 2009
    Darth Cadaverous O.O Eeep!!

Hehe, thanks!!! Yeah, I guess you're right :D Aw, that's alright, not everyone will be around when it's my birthday :) Beware? o_O

Thanks!! [:D] LOL

On another note, anyone have a Live Journal?

17. JediMasterAni18

JediMasterAni18 Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2009
    Welcome Korppi. I am sorry you don't feel very welcome. I am new too and decided to just jump in and start posting. But I do a lot of reading too.
    These are great boards too.
    Happy belated birthday!!

18. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    There are plenty of boards - including several community boards. Look around, lurk a little, post in a social thread or two. You'll find the place that's right for you :)

19. Korppi

Apr 26, 2009
    Thanks guys!! <3 [:D]

20. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    For every mean person here, there are 4 more nice people, you will be fine! ;)

21. mississippi

mississippi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2004
    Hello and wecome there RE A LOT OF NICE PEOPLE HERE[:D] [face_dancing] javascript:void .(0);
    kiss:)

22. Korppi

Apr 26, 2009
    Aww!! Thanks guys!! [:D]

23. KotORBF2Female_Revan

KotORBF2Female_Revan Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 21, 2009
    Ello Korppi! And, uh, welcome to da JC...even though you've been here awhile I guess. Anyway, you can call me Revan, Revs, or F_R.

JCC is a place I like to avoid. They're all like WAY older than me, and the men there are kinda perverted. And even though there is a sarcastic side to me, most of the time my sarcasm is the TOS/Rules-violating type, and it doesn't show up often, so don't worry. ;)

On other boards, from what I've seen, the WNU'ers and Fanficcers are pretty nice, haha.

Anyway, I <3 animals too! Even though I'm not a vegetarian, haha.

And I say haha a lot. XD

24. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    KotORBF2Female_Revan, consider this a formal invitation to post in the JCC and therefore...get to know the forum. :)

:)

:)

25. _princess_leia_

_princess_leia_ Jedi Master star 6

Feb 23, 2004
    Contrary to what some would like to say, the JCC is not a horrible place to visit. I would encourage any of you who would like to visit the JCC to do so and drop me a PM if you have questions about anything you experience while you are adjusting to posting in a new forum. If you give it a chance, the JCC can be a great place to joke around and make new friends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.