main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC I got a cat

Discussion in 'Community' started by I Are The Internets, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Toddy

Toddy Jedi Knight

Nov 13, 2016
    Preach it, @Darth Guy! I hate seeing cats outdoors, unless accompanied by their people. And the rescues I’ve had are so appreciative of the indoor life. My Sam was a former TNR feral—the earliest paper among his records has him down as “Beach Cat #7”—and he still bolts whenever the front door is opened, lest he be swept back outside.

That said, I do see where you’re coming from @SuperWatto. A cat who lives for the Great Outdoors...yeah, it would be a shame to break that spirit by forcing him inside.

In the end, I do believe it should be the cat’s decision. So what I’m advocating is Choice for Cats?... Something like that.

2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yeah i was planning on keeping mine inside until it was clearly torture for him.

3. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Reminds me of a cat in my families neighborhood when I was younger. We affectionately referred to him as “The Doppelgänger” because he looked identical to a cat we owned. Nice cat, never bit or scratched, liked hanging around. But he very rarely let anyone touch him without bolting and could never be coaxed indoors, even in the middle of winter.

Must have been a tough guy because he hung around the neighborhood for years before we stopped seeing him.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  4. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    we have foxes and coyotes here, but the real problem is fishers, a kind of weasel, basically a small wolverine. So yeah I keep my cats indoor.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That’s one theory we have, that he’s losing his hearing. We haven’t had that confirmed by the vet though.

That was my first cat. I got him as a kitten; he and his mother and litter mates were in a student’s garage. I tried my best to keep him indoor but he would bolt as soon as the door opened. He lived 15 years. The cats I have now, will only go out on our deck.

tom likes this.
  6. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    This is our other cat, Miep. She's two years old and she loves to be outside.
    Unless you're moving furniture.

7. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    My cat caught me cheating on him.

Well there's this cat who comes to visit our back garden in the afternoons and if I'm sitting out there he'll jump on my lap for strokes and head bumps and nuzzling , he goes crazy for it , my guess is he doesn't get much affection at home.
    My cat usually sleeps the afternoon away upstairs , but today he walked into the garden just as I was stroking this other cat , well I felt awful .
    My cat isn't aggressive , but obviously its his garden . WellI picked him up took him in and tried my best to apologise , a big dinner was included.

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I've spoiled RBG with plenty of toys, but you know what's a great practical and cheap toy to have? Post-it notes. It's like kitty crack. She absolutely loves them, chasing them around until they wind up outside of her play pen or in her water bowl, the dizzy little princess. Also, she is crying less this week when I leave her while I'm working, compared to last week.

9. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I'm telling you, it's the stuff you DON'T spend money on that they love most! Do you crumple them or just leave them flat?

10. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I crumple them up. She'll sometimes put them in her water bowl by accident or toss them outside the play pen. I swear, she's doing the latter, so her poor papa can put the post-its back in the pen.

11. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    No joke, Diva will only drink from a cup--never a bowl. She fancy.

[​IMG]

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    My last two preferred a dripping faucet - they liked moving water.

Master_Lok and Count Yubnub like this.
  13. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    my cat is a weirdo who refuses to drink water. i have to put it in his food bowl with his wet food, otherwise presumably he would die of thirst.

Master_Lok, Jedi Ben and harpua like this.
  14. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    And my kitten, Calvin, likes to move water from his bowl onto the floor. :p

Master_Lok, Sauntaero and LAJ_FETT like this.
  15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You've another cat called Hobbs, right?

16. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Yep. He's the calmer one. :p

17. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Alright, I set up an Imgur account, so here I go trying to post these pics. If you don't see them, IT'S NOT MY FAULT.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, RBG is so cute!

19. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    What a tiny fuzzball!

And I totally believe that she's pushing the post-its outside of her pen on purpose. She gets attention from you!

20. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I expect pic updates at a minimum once a month. No excuses.

21. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Once a month? That's not nearly enough for those of us sad, un-petted people.

Once a week at least.

22. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Aawww, RGB is so cute.

PCCViking and Juliet316 like this.
  23. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Anything cuter than kittens? :D

24. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    [​IMG]

SuperWatto, Master_Lok, Rew and 5 others like this.
  25. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Set RBG up for her first vet appointment next Saturday. I'm a little nervous, but I absolutely have to do it since she hasn't been to a vet yet.