main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"I got FREE stuff, baby!!!" thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by DragonLove76, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DragonLove76

DragonLove76 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2004
    Hey, thought I create a thread for you to brag or just tell us what things you got for free at C5?

Cuz they are handing out a lot of stuff there for free, I don't know about you, but I am curious what others got that I didn't?

I will tell you mine when I get back home. :)

2. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
  3. MajinKaze

MajinKaze Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    I got free Lando mustaches while waiting in line for the Main Event.

4. DragonLove76

Oct 2, 2004
    Yea there is NOTHING better than Love and friendship!! ;) TEH BEST! I only got a little but if you got a tons so good for you.

5. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Lots of free GH Luke X-wing fig;s wich my two suns will like.

6. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I got:

Hugs (and back scritches!) from Mark Hamill, and sore sides from laughing so hard with him.

Hugs and good conversation with Nick Gillard and a plethora of others.

Kisses from Dingo and Paule Blake (Greedo).

Tonnes of pics, and a million good memories...

7. DragonLove76

Oct 2, 2004
    Nice (esp about Mark Hamill hug.) :)

8. CurlyHayami

CurlyHayami Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2005
    About a dozen Lando mustaches-also because I participated in those silly Imperial games while waiting in line [face_laugh]-I regave all but one away myself.

My friend found a jackpot of free stuff, those mini figures from Hasbro, Topps cards, etc. I should've stuck with him.

9. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    -Signed copy of the first Darth Bane novel. Sure, I already had it, but didn't bring it with me because I didn't realize Drew Karpyshyn was going to be there signing, but it didn't matter, since Del Rey was giving them out for free.

Some other stuff as well, but most of it doesn't deserve mentioning :p

10. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    Drew was asked to come by my booth and sign ours...but, alas, I was slighted:(
    I got 2 of those Lando mustaches too! Lots of pins, comics and the tattoos and sticker stuff.

11. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    I got all four of the Cartamundi Aces, all four of the Hasbro cardbacks, all 6 Forcecast trading cards, several pins from Hallmark, the couple of free comics from Dark Horse.
    I did the droid hunt, but didn't win anything in the raffle (guy in front of my won a yoda saber!).

12. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    The hasbro GH figure; I really like the Hasbro ESB movie poster with the action figures instead of the actors.

And a handshake and friendly conversation with Paule Blake/Greedo as I wore my "Han Shot first (Greedo never shot at all)" T-shirt :)

13. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I lurrrved the Hasbro vintage figure version of the Gone With the Wind-style ESB poster. That's definitely going up on my wall at home. :D The nice framed photo of me in carbonite that I got from the starwars.com people was also a great freebie.

14. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    That poster is awesome, and I got one as well. I don't have room to put it up, though. :(

15. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Oh, and I forgot to mention the obvious: Saturday's JC/FF wristband.

16. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Bah, I missed that one, unfortunately. They ran out really quickly. Did get Friday's and Sunday's, though.

17. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Same here! :)

I also liked the free Orange Death Star t-shirt and fans!

18. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I liked the Forcecast cards (I grabbed the last day one card Sunday afternoon). I got 10 free autographs, a t-shirt and a special CV pin for volunteering for Official Pix and three free t-shirts for volunteering for CV. Probably not what you meant by getting free stuff, since I volunteered to get it, but those were about the only free things I received at CV.

19. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    At the beginning of the Knight Errant panel when they were giving out T-shirts the first thing they asked was "who travelled the furthest to get here". A couple of people mentioned some mid-west and west coast cities, then I was seen and my answer of "Sydney, Australia" kinda made everyone else put their hands down.

20. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Except for the one guy who apparently thought Detroit was farther than Sydney... that was amusing :p

21. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    i got a Celebration IV official pix autographed photo of a jawa (actor unknown). thanks guys!

also, i got volume 1 of the TCW webcomic TPB free and signed by Pablo and the artists.

22. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Well, okay, they were more like "free with purchase" things, but they were still awesome.:p

Scott Erwert CIV Artist Proof. It was the least he could do after I spent like $87 on his stuff.:p
    Blueprints: Rebel Edition (with SW Insider subscription)
    MEMORIES!!!!!!!!!!

23. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I have no such t-shirt, as they ran out of sizes, and so when they reached me, I was given a medium and was the last person to get one. As I can't wear a medium, I ended up giving it to a girl behind me in line.

24. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Aww, man, that explains it! Jenn, I had seen your orange Death Star shirt and was looking around for somewhere to buy one for myself -- I didn't realize they were freebies. I wish those shirts had been sold in the store as official convention shirts, because I think they embodied C5 better than most the other stuff there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.