main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I hate Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by AlexJedi, Mar 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmeiaSkywalker

AmeiaSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2001
    Haven't played it very many times, but I really like Age of Empires.
    I don't know why lots of you are complaining about resource gathering. I happen to enjoy that part.
    I'm not a big fighting person.

2. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    SWBG didn't impress me at first either, but it's gameplay aspects and fun factor grew on me.

3. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    :To max out with no cheats it does! And I don't care if it's called galatic battlegrounds, I want Capital ships! "

Most capitol ships can't enter a planet's atmosphere.

4. Darth_Nemesis

Darth_Nemesis Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2001
    Your mistaken my friend, check out those clone ships (basically star destroyers) in the new clone war trailer, they are in the atmoshere.

5. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    So what? Usually capital ships are just a little TOO unbalanced. The game IS called Galactic BATTLEGROUNDS. Buy Rebellion or something for space combat.

6. Darth_Nemesis

Darth_Nemesis Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2001
    Don't get your feelings hurt over a game, I'm just saying it would be better if they added capital starships.

7. Clonetrooper-X

Clonetrooper-X Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    I hope the new BG: Clone Campaign is more better then its original.. I mean I hope they fix the problems & such in it.

8. Darth_Deen

Darth_Deen Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2002
    on battlegrounds heaven is someone making mods and stuff, right now they have watto in it jabba, skiffs, podracers and a guy is working on star destroyers. with the mods it is really cool to make a scenario based on the movies.

9. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    AmeiaSkywalker: I'm not a big fighting person.

Then why are you playing games that have words like "Battlegrounds" in the title?

10. Emperor_Dan

Aug 21, 1999
    Maybe she means she doesn't like to fight herself (like in a FPS). in GBG you're just telling things to attack.

11. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    That doesn't strictly answer my question. If I was averse to fighting, I would steer well clear of a game with the word Battlegrounds in the title in the first place.

12. Emperor_Dan

Aug 21, 1999
    Dunno then.

13. coolkyp

coolkyp Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2002
    battlegrounds is cool people just dont like gathering resorces because there not good at it.

14. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    I'm glad that somebody else agrees with me; Battlegrounds was much overhyped and lauded as being great. It's mediocre at best.

15. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    I could have done without the air units all together. Even on defensive they get lured into turrent range. And your troops won't kill the enemy workers, and will focus on the command bunker instead. A big problem for your troops health when there's alot of workers around it.

I don't mind the resource gathering what I mind is micromanaging in real time. Troop production in 5+ different buildings. Upgrades in multiple buildings all over the place. Troops to place and organize, resources to gather, and to reassign when they run out. Walls and turrents to build. It's too much in the later levels to handle and manage an effective fighting force. You can only do one thing at a time and the AI doesn't have that limitation. I'd like to play online more but I never have that time to actually sit down and do it.

16. Rynobot

Rynobot Jedi Master star 1

Aug 16, 2000
    The only thing I would like in this game that isn't is an option to just watch the computer have a battle. The game always makes you partipate in the game.

17. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I'm a huge fan of Red Alert 2, so I enjoy strategy games, but I'm not wild about Age of Kings. It's a good game, IMO, but not great. I think my main reason for this is that I found it too difficult, and the pacing was too slow. Fighting battles with swords and arrows takes forever. The 75 unit limit was a bit annoying too, becuase I couldn't have major battles. I didn't mind the resources gathering system much. I have no problem with the graphics and interface.

So, knowing this, do you recommend I buy Battlegrounds and/or Clone Campaigns?

18. coolkyp

coolkyp Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2002
    i have red alert 1 and it got boring fast but age of empires was fun a long time and i liked battlegrounds because they shoot lazers and theres no swords theres just lightsabers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.