main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena I Hate Boston Sports (And So Can You!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I hate all Boston sports, it kind of comes with being a Yankees fan. It's also frankly because I'm on the West Coast, and I don't care about East Coast sports in general except for the Yankees. I guess the Boston team I hate the least is probably the Celtics, I mean, I've never really cared about them in general. I used to hate the Patriots a lot, and Tom Brady, but it's like Family Guy with the jokes, it's not funny, it's not funny, still not funny, not funny... ok it's getting a bit funny now. Fine, it's hilarious. That's basically the Patriots. It got to the point where I just have too much respect for Tom Brady, his incredible conditioning and work ethic, and his will to win, that I simply love winners, and he's an ultimate winner. It doesn't mean I'm rooting for the Patriots, I have my team, but it does mean I respect what they've accomplished and I not only don't hate Tom Brady anymore, I actually like him.

The world is a strange place. If you told me 10 years ago I'd like Tom Brady, I'd tell you that you're insane. If you told me in 1999 that one day, Justin Timberlake will actually be likable and he'll be in some movies and seem like a decent guy, I'd also tell you that you're crazy. But I'm allowed to change my opinions :p Brady made a believer out of me. My only real reason for hating Boston sports is because I know Red Sox fans root for these teams, and I don't ever want Red Sox fans to be happy. That rivalry runs deep enough that I detest them and everything they stand for.

2. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    heels1785 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    was just watching 30 Rock (episode Winder Madness) and they had a bit about the crew being sent to Boston and meeting up with the crew that makes Bruins Beat

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

heels1785 and LloydChristmas like this.
  5. robert martins

robert martins Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2018
    Redsox-current champions
    Patriots-current champions
    Celtics-lost 2nd rd NBA playoffs
    Bruins- currently in Stanley finals
    4 wins away from a championship hat-trick. It would be so fitting for our hockey team to complete the hat-trick.

6. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    It would be fitting for me to throat punch you.

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    you know what's better than enjoying a Boston championship?

Never rooting for Boston.

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Been arguing with my dad over the past week and a half, since the Islanders were swept out of the playoffs by the Hurricanes and was he vehemently rooting against them in the round that just ended. Normally I wouldn't have a problem with that, and would be rooting against the team that just eliminated mine from the playoffs; but Boston? No.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  9. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I tend to do the opposite. I like to root for the team the beats my team. At least you can say you lost to the eventual champion and best team.

10. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Maybe the Bruins will forfeit, that would be awesome.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I think the last time I did that was in 2017; when of course the Stros beat the Yankees in the LCS. Now I dare you to ask me if I did that in '04.

12. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Well there are circumstances that won’t allow for that. :p

Ahsoka's Tano and DarthTunick like this.
  13. robert martins

Oct 9, 2018
    [QUok uhOTE="vin, post: 55770695, member: 237463"]I tend to do the opposite. I like to root for the team the beats my team. At least you can say you lost to the eventual champion and best team.[/QUOTE]
    It's nice to know you were rooting for the Sox last year

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    He just said he didn't do it in '04; so why on Earth would he do it last year?

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  15. robert martins

Oct 9, 2018
    Because he is a good friend .we have an obiwan/anakin type friendship rivalry.

16. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Indeed. I enjoy severing your limbs off.
    Also I’ve never rooted for the Red Sox in the World Series. That is my line in the sand. Though post 2004 my mantra became, glad they won because now they have no curse to use as an excuse for the last century.

appleseed likes this.
  17. robert martins

Oct 9, 2018
    You may strike me down but Boston sports has become more powerful than you could have possibly imagined my old friend.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  18. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    You don't get to do that to an Obi-Wan Kenobi quote. If you're gonna use an analogy, Boston fans are impossibly privileged and yet still find the need to complain about being oppressed and proclaim how they're the best to everyone...

[​IMG]

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I miss the old days when at least a good portion of the population actually felt sorry for Boston and their sports fans. As I've mentioned before, I rooted for the Patriots in 2002 as the underdog in the Superbowl.

[​IMG]

20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I did also cheer for the Patriots in 2002. That was over 15 years ago, though, and we all make horrible mistakes in our youth.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    That wasn't really my youth; I had just graduated college in 2000 and on top of that the Yankees were fresh out of winning four Pennants in a row and more importantly FOUR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS IN SIX YEARS. Given that they weren't playing a NY team, it was that much easier to root for New England.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Bruins lost
    Red Sox lost

Both were at home
    .[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6, heels1785 , vin and 4 others like this.
  23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    But that was January 20th...

So they're Jacen Solo?

>.>
    <.<
    >.>

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]