main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena I Hate Boston Sports (And So Can You!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Dec 17, 2007.

1. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
  2. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
  3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    FYI, anti-Pats icon is up :D

4. imperial_dork

Aug 11, 2003
  5. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Very cool. I'll stick with my Giants logo, though. I was hoping to win the current round of Shelf of Shame so I could have Giants' colors next week, but mrsvos is about to lay a whoopin' on me.

i_d, I assume those are "no patriots" colors you're sporting?

6. imperial_dork

Aug 11, 2003
    Something like that. ;)

I'm still tweaking them though. :p

7. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004

:rolleyes:

So when do we get anti-Giants (or anti anything NY) icons?

I won't hold my breath.

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Perhaps you missed the title of this thread.

This thread is titled "I hate Boston Sports (And So Can You)"

If you don't hate Boston Sports, this thread is not for you. It's pretty much that simple.

The reason there's an anti-Pats icon is because this thread exists and has been fairly active. Also, because someone submitted such an icon to the icon manager, who approved it. That's two reasons to have it. I see no such thread to support an anti-NY icon, and no such effort to submit such an icon.

I'll kindly ask you to stop trolling this thread. The same way I would ask someone to stop trolling a fan club my insulting that team. By doing small posts that complain about Boston-area hate, you're pretty much doing the same thing. You're free to post in here, but do so in a constructive manner.

9. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Not trolling at all man. Just wondering if there is going to be 'anti-NY' or any other 'anti-anything' logos.

I actually think this thread is funny.

10. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    [face_laugh] Wow, ESPN's Page 2 actually came up with something pretty good.

11. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    [face_laugh] @ the contract

I haven't had internet access all this season until now basically, which sucks. Haven't had a chance to vent my anger with the Pats. Here's to hoping beyond hope for a glorious failure in the Super Bowl.

-sj loves kevin spacey

12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    That's the spirit!

13. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I don't really hate the Pats, it's just they are our biggest rivals...much the way the Pacers & Knicks fought back and forth in the 90s. Anyway, it feels like whoever loses shakes their fist yelling "I'll get you next time...next time!" like some campy super villian. So, it's not hate, but I still want them to lose...badly.

14. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Colts fan or Jets?

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I believe that NFL Network is with us. They showed Super Bowl XX last night. A fantastic night in the history of the Pats.

16. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Hated that Super Bowl. Not that I've ever liked the Pats, but I hate the Bears even more, and at least half the students at my college were from the Chicago area.

That actually raises another good reason to hate the Pats, though -- knocking out Marino's Dolphins, the one team that beat the Bears that year. I'm still convinced they would have a second time. Would have been a great game in any event.

17. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Colts...though "fan" implies something fleeting, where as I spent the 80s in a half empty dome wondering if we'd lose bad enough to leave before or after the halftime marching band. Technically, I suppose the Titans are supposed to be our biggest rival, but that's been sorta one sided, and a relatively new phenomenon given the realignment...that will take a while to fester and get ugly, which will be fine by me.

18. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    That rivalry is going to get ugly. I already dislike the Titans because their QB was a thorn in the side of the Aggies during College, and now he's giving the Colts a hard time with a team far less talented. So as he acclimates more to the NFL I definitely see that rivalry getting worse.

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Good job yesterday, Orlando. Let's hope the Giants can emulate you in six days.

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    18-1 Baby. This is a night we Boston Haters can celebrate and cherish for years to come! WOW!

21. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    this is a great night indeed

22. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    *high fives Inty*

WHOOP!

You should change the title to lol @ the Patriots.

23. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    This is a black eye that will never leave the Patriots, EVER.

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    BTW ... did I mention 18-1

:D

25. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Jedi Master star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Biggest chockers in sports history!!!!!!!!!!!!!![face_laugh]