main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Before - Legends I Hate My Job (JA, OC/Obi, angst, one post)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by dianethx, Jul 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PresidentKang

PresidentKang Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2004
    I saw this link from the Summer Fan Fic awards. The title just jumped out at me. I didn't know the specifics behind the guy's job or who the kid was but dang, it was a cool little underbelly of the Jedi culture that I hadn't thought about before.

And "How do you get your head to shiny" was awesome.

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    PresidentKang Thanks. The child is Obi-Wan from the first Jedi Apprentice book. So there is a bit of poignancy to the whole thing. Glad you were able to find your way into the Before the Saga board through the Summer fan fic awards. I find a lot of fics that way. Thanks for dropping by. :D

3. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Again, on Diane's behalf, thanks for voting I Hate My Job Best Imaginative and Docent Vant Best Non-Jedi, and finally (drum roll please) for voting Diane Best Author! I know she wasn't expecting to win anything so I can't wait for Diane to come back and find out that she won! [:D]

Shaindl

4. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yeah! I bet her PM box is gonna be full!! Congrats dianethx it is well deserved!!

5. Master_Tigris_Leigh

Master_Tigris_Leigh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    awesome job! More! I want more! Maybe have her run into Obi later on in some obsure location or something but you did an excellent job with her character and it would be cool to see more of her.
    And the sad thing is, I would actually ask Mace that question about his head...over a comlink of course. ;)

6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    <just checking in. I'm at an internet cafe for an hour but my PM box is empty. Feel free to fill it!!!!! I can't believe I won anything. Thanks to everyone for voting for this fic.

7. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    I've been away far too long from just reading for pleasure. This was a nice story, a good premise and I see it got an award. Good going. :)

8. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yay! Well-deserved, Diane. :)
    Double yay, as for once my choice actually won. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.